Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Truthbringer Betting Pool (Can't make heads or tails of this contest? Bet on the outcomes instead!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Truthbringer Betting Pool (0)  
Ok, first pool will be to guess the day that the first person will finish the puzzle. 5 rank points to the first person to guess the correct day in this thread.

Second pool will be to guess the winner. 5 rank points to the first person to guess the winner in this thread.

Feel free to post new ideas for pools.

11-08-2005 at 03:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Truthbringer Betting Pool (0)  
I'm sure that someone is crazy enough to finish it today :)
11-08-2005 at 03:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Truthbringer Betting Pool (+5)  
I'm betting on tomorrow myself: it will take some time for all the clues to be widespread. That is, sometime after 0001 on Wednesday 9, GMT.
11-08-2005 at 04:26 PM
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Given that some people will probably spread false clues, I'd say it'll take three days.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
11-08-2005 at 04:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
This contest won't ever be completed without some rule changes or some redistribution of clues.

11-08-2005 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
Sunday, November 13th. Since I nothing about the whole nature of things (how much people can, and are willing to spread chocolate lies over the peanut buttery truth) that could be very wrong. And I'm betting on Rabscuttle. I was going to bet on Alneyan but you seem too sure of yourself :)

I did solve the puzzle, but I thought "naah" about participating, cos I have a feeling this could get really hot and heavy. :P
I don't really like the idea of "backstabbing" (but I do like the idea of "bat", which as far as my diplomatic skills go to).

Click here to view the secret text

11-09-2005 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
I'll bet you 5 to 1 I'll win, but $20 I won't.

11-09-2005 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
The third pool should be 5 rank points to the person who guesses who will win the first pool, and the fourth the same, except the second.

In that case, my entries are:

1. November 19th
2. Agricus5
3. Nillo
4. Swivel

11-09-2005 at 02:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I predict the first person that will solve this puzzle correctly will submit his/her answer before 24 hours from now.

Reason: I have seen so many clues now, that I can even see which ones are correct (or not). So, if you are still offering clues, try to be truthful (Hi, Doom!). The only problem is, I don't have so much time to solve it right now.

-- Tim

[Last edited by Tim at 11-09-2005 07:03 AM]
11-09-2005 at 07:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
leroy00
Rank Points: 155
November 10
eytanz

11-09-2005 at 10:40 AM
Chalks
Rank Points: 267
today...nov 9th.
11-09-2005 at 03:57 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Yesterday

Please read this post one day after the game was won ;) :P

11-09-2005 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
Yesterday

Please read this post one day after the game was won ;) :P
:thumbsup

11-09-2005 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Krishh
Rank Points: 282
Today, by me. Actually,I submitted my answer 3 and a half hours ago, and am now nervously awaiting Erik. If it's incorrect, someone else will probably beat me to it before I solve it again correctly, but I'm hoping for the best.
11-09-2005 at 04:05 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Krissh, I'm allowing for the possibility that you are joking or scheming, but still...

I didn't get it. E-mail to erikh@caravelgames.com.

So everyone knows, I'll be announcing both successful and failed guesses as they come in. A failed guess means you've lost your chance to win.

-Erik

11-09-2005 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krishh
Rank Points: 282
Actually, in the main thread, the rules state that guesses must be submitted to contests@caravelgames.com, and that is where I sent them. Do I have to resend it to erikh@caravelgames.com, and if so, are attachments allowed as answers?
11-09-2005 at 05:50 PM
ErikH2000
Krishh wrote:
Actually, in the main thread, the rules state that guesses must be submitted to contests@caravelgames.com, and that is where I sent them. Do I have to resend it to erikh@caravelgames.com, and if so, are attachments allowed as answers?
Doh, I forgot to look in the folder I have set up to catch emails from contests@caravelgames.com. Your answer is there and I'm reviewing it now.

-Erik

11-09-2005 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
ErikH2000 wrote:
Krishh wrote:
Doh, I forgot to look in the folder I have set up to catch emails from contests@caravelgames.com. Your answer is there and I'm reviewing it now.
Which means everyone else's guesses to other email addresses are invalid O:-

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-09-2005 06:09 PM]
11-09-2005 at 06:09 PM
ErikH2000
Krishh got it.

-Erik

11-09-2005 at 06:12 PM
Alneyan
Thanks a lot Krishh! I bet on today, and was the first one to do that, so I have probably won this particular contest. I would have bet on Nillo or Doom though: I sure didn't see you coming.

Yellow Mage: I didn't say I was the one going to solve it first. Though I spent a few hours on it yesterday, I don't have the mental faculties needed to make much progress today or tomorrow (too much time spent at school on these two days, compared to my *very* lax schedule the rest of the week). Of course, even if I had more time, I am still a thorough thinker (read, I'm slow), with a notoriously fickle nature.

So, I wasn't going to win the race. :rolleyes
11-09-2005 at 08:06 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
On the other hand, since it's 3 winners and then nobody else...I can't possibly be in the middle! SCORE!
11-10-2005 at 05:33 PM
Alneyan
Thanks for the rank points, though I was mostly interested in gloating rights. See, rookies excepted, I am now the fourth best player in the contest, in terms of awards, so I beat the whole lot of you.

Banjooie, you still are in the middle. Most people will belong to the big "not part of the three" group, so there will be a middle somewhere in the group. That, and the contest may go on after the three initial answers, so you will have to fight for your non-middleness rights.
11-10-2005 at 07:48 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
On the contrary, if I do absolutely nothing, and other people solve it, that will push me towards the bottom--and /away/ from the middle.

Victory through apathy.
11-11-2005 at 08:23 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Truthbringer Betting Pool (Can't make heads or tails of this contest? Bet on the outcomes instead!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com