Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Questionnaire
<<4567
Page 8 of 17
9101112>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
IP: Logged
icon Re: Questionaire (+3)  
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 1,80 m
Job/Grade/College: Currently studying Physics in the UAB (Univeristat Autònoma de Barcelona).
Religion: No, thanks. Although I respect everybody's creences.
Favorite Band: Maybe Apocalyptica.
Favorite Song: It depends...
Favorite Type of Music: Metal
Favorite Movie: Don't know, there are a lot of very good ones.
Favorite Book: Maybe JRR Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings"
Favorite Author: I don't know either JRR Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, ...
Favourite Programming Language: C (I only know basic and C)

Do you hate naming 'favorites'? I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's just difficult to me.

Does the end justify the means? It depends on which are the means.

How long have you been playing DROD for? Can't remember. Maybe a litlle longer than two years.

Ever beat DROD? Beated KDD and a lot of other holds. Still haven't tried JtRH (I'll start it at the end of June), but I've beaten the demo.

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? No, thanks. I don't deserve it.

Cat or Dog person: Can't decide.

Origin of Username: It's just a LotR character (yeah, luckily it didn't appear in the movie).

What is your ultimate goal in life? Be happy?

Favourite Game: DROD. Although there are a lot of other good games.

Sweet or savoury? It depends too.

If you were to be trapped on a desert island with one person, who would you choose? The person that I love, Eva.

Three things you probably don't know about me are...
1. I play didgeridoo.
2. I have a Goofy cuddly toy in my room (a gift from my girlfriend).
3. I'm a very indecisive person.

What makes DROD so great in your opinion? It's just your brain vs the hold ('s creator). It doesn't depend on time, it doesn't depend on your dexterity, ... Also it's a discrete game (discrete in time and in space).

What makes the forums so great? Are they great...? Just joking. They're about DROD, the people are nice, they don't mistreat noobs like me (even I'm member nr. 1337), ...
06-10-2005 at 01:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wmarkham
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 125
icon Re: Questionaire (+2)  
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'11" (180cm)
Job/Grade/College: Currently unemployed (a.k.a. "Consultant"). Previous position: "Senior Software Engineer".
Religion: No, thank you.
Favorite Band: None, although Soul Coughing, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles do get honorable mention.
Favorite Song: None.
Favorite Type of Music: None.
Favorite Movie: Jackie Chan's "Rumble in the Bronx"
Favorite Book: None.
Favorite Author: None, although Umberto Eco is always very good.
Favourite Programming Language: C++, although I also have soft spots for Prolog and Haskell. And, well, any functional programming language (of which Haskell is one).

Do you hate naming 'favorites'? Well, I do sometimes resent the seeming attitude that one ought to have a favorite for just about any category that a questioner can think of. That said, it's probably better than "So, tell me about yourself."

Does the end justify the means? It can, but always remember slot machines. Most likely, by the time you win the jackpot, you will have stuffed far more money into the thing than the jackpot is worth.

How long have you been playing DROD for? I vaguely recall playing a level or two of a friend's Webfoot DROD when I was in college. I downloaded AE last August, and have been playing more-or-less since then.

Ever beat DROD? KDD and JtRH, yeah.

Favorite DROD level? KDD level 8

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Probably not.

Cat or Dog person: Cat

emacs or vi? vi. Home keys to navigate, supported out-of-the-box on practically every UNIX system. can't beat that! emacs is nice and all, but I can never understand how folks can even use it without installing "viper" mode. (vi emulation)

Origin of Username: first initial, last name

What is your ultimate goal in life? Leave the universe in a better condition when I exit than when I entered. (curse you, entropy!)

Favourite Game: None. DROD gets honorable mention. As a rule, I don't care for first-person shooters. Considering a very broad sense of the word "Game", I find rock climbing and Frisbee (that is to say, throwing, chasing, and catching Frisbees) fun.

Sweet or savoury? savory. Or savoury, I suppose, if I ever travel to Britain. However, ice cream gets very-honorable mention!

What is the strangest thing you own? I keep a plastic diplodocus (sp?) that wears the outer husk of a mango pit, like a saddle.

What type(s) of the Eight Intelligences are you strongest at? (Linguistic, Spatial, Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Naturalist, Musical, Kinestethic) Say what?

If you were to be trapped on a desert island with one person, who would you choose? Well, I'm a person, so if the island has one person, I would like it to be me? If I were somehow asked to choose some other person, I expect that I would not do so, for various reasons.

I can stuff myself into one of my suitcases. (Well, almost. The one time I asked a friend to try to zip it all of the way closed, he wouldn't do it.)

I was born in the same hospital as my mother.

I once ate a strawberry seeds-first.

What makes DROD so great in your opinion? I can play with the source code! The excellent community-created holds are also a plus. Even without these, it is a very good game, though.

What makes the forums so great? Why, the people, of course!
06-10-2005 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
micke8
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Location: Hamm, Germany (a small city of 180000 inhabitants))
Hair: brown
Eyes: bright blue
Height: 1,81 m
Job/Grade/College: IT-Merchant
Favorite Band: U2, U2 and ....hmm U2 ;)
Favorite Type of Music: Music of the 80's, Rock
Favorite Movie: A Fish called Wanda, Lion King, LotR
Favorite Book: I've read too many books. I don't have a Favorite's at all.
Favorite Author: Douglas Adams (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy), Michael Ende ( Neverending Story)
Favourite Language: Signs Language. I don't speak foreign languages very well, but I can order a beer in every country without speaking a word *g
How long have you been playing DROD for? i think for 3 years

Ever beat DROD? No, but only 4 Levels to go

If not, how far are you? level 21

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Please do not! I'm an Admin of a Forum. It's very much work.

Cat or Dog person: Dog of course

Origin of Username: My Hobby is Tabletennis, and micke was a famous player in the 60's and 70's. Now Schoeler&Micke sells Tabletennis-Products.

What is your ultimate goal in life? Build a House, plant an Apple-Tree...

Favourite Game: DROD, Battle Isle, Pro Evolution Soccer

I'm a three times contestant of the national german riddle-championchips
I've ten different Chilli-Sorts in my Greenhouse ( I like spicy food *g )
Bono ( the Frontman of U2) has shaked my hand

What makes DROD so great in your opinion?
There are other great Games, but DROD is incredible.

What makes the forums so great?
Hmm, It's just a Forum, but the Hint-Section is great.

06-13-2005 at 11:35 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Height: 170 cm
Job/Grade/College: Doctor (Haematologist)
Favorite Band: Undoubtedly: Eels. Also like Why, Radiohead, QOTSA, Flaming Lips.
Favorite Type of Music: Other than the above, listen almost entirely to classical music, mostly baroque stuff actually.
Favorite Movie: Possibly Hana Bi. Also The Princess Bride. Most films of Kurosawa and Gilliam
Favorite Book: Impossible to say.
Favorite Author: Ditto. Would include Graham Greene, Justin Cartwright, Simenon, Haruki Murakami, John Barth, Paul Auster, Stanislaw Lem, Philip K Dick, Aldous Huxley, Tobias Wolff, Yasunari Kawabata, Alfred Bester, Alessandro Baricco, Boris Akunin, Fred Vargas... (to pick a few at random)
How long have you been playing DROD for? A couple of years.
Ever beat DROD? Yes, AE, JtRH, and TCB.
Make me an Admin? What for?
Cat or Dog person: Both
Desert island companion My girlfriend, obviously, or someone who's good at building boats and can get me off the island.
Origin of Username: Er...I leave you to work that one out.
What is your ultimate goal in life? Become a world champion kazooist. Invent a combination toothpick-TV remote-time machine.
Favourite Game: DROD and most Lucasarts point 'n' click games such as Monkey Island. Go (the board game).
I lied in at least one of the above questions.
I'm an Australian who was born in Israel but spent most of his life in the UK, with 3 years in America.
I can touch my elbow with my tongue.
The amazing flexibility of a few puzzle elements. Ability to make your own levels.
Er, friendly people, user-made holds. Complete anonymity.
Does the end justify the means? Which end?

Edit: Update for 2011.

[Last edited by Jacob at 11-01-2011 12:55 PM]
06-15-2005 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ela_de
Rank Points: 25
Real Name: Irene (no last name, sorry, it's an extremely rare one)
Height: 170 cm
Job/Grade/College: Teacher (in high-school) of everyone's favourite lessons (modern and ancient Greek, composition, Latin, Literature, history and philosophy)
Favorite Band: Tough one; I'd have to go with Iron Maiden for Metal, ac/dc for Hard Rock, Deep Purple for Rock and Backstreet Boys for Favourite Band to Call Names
Favorite Type of Music: Everything minus rave, hip-hop, rap and the vast majority of pop music
Favorite Movie: Never been able to decide that
Favorite Book: As a bookworm I have many, many nice books I like.
Favorite Author: Way too many. Let's mention Tolkien for introducing me to fantasy books,Kavafis for his sharp poems, Euripides for his philosophy, Jane Austen for being a logical romantic and Prachett for being Prachett
How long have you been playing DROD for? A couple of months.
Ever beat DROD? King Duncan's Dungeon (by reading the Hints for about 10 rooms and practically copying the moves from a demo for another) and two or three one-level holds
Make me an Admin? Nope. My urge to lord it over people keeping both eyes open in case of mischief and getting frustrated are fully satisfied by my every day work
Cat or Dog person: Both though I prefer doggies (probably would have answered different when we had a cat)
Desert island companion None. When miserable I prefer to be alone
Origin of Username:ela_de in Greek is roughly the equivalent of "beats me" which is what I murmured when I was searching for a nick some years back.
What is your ultimate goal in life? None. I don't believe in planning that far ahead
Favourite Game: Anything that requires thinking and is not an action game
Only 3?
ok, you probably don't know my mother's maiden name. It's Peksimetzoglou (have fun pronouncing it)
I'm convinced you don't know I hate bananas
I'm not sure, but did you know I couldn't play any instrument to save my life?
The fact that you don't have to rush, the humour in it, the differnt aspects of similar problems which means that you have to keep an open mind to all solutions, the fact that you can close the cursed thing when you are furious and it'll begin from where you left it and of course, the fact that I'm writing in this particular forum
Don't know yet, I'm a newbie. Ask me later if I stick around
Does the end justify the means? Depends on both really. If the "ends" is to inherit money and the "means" is to murder your sweet old great grand-aunt, no. If the "ends" is to finish that @#*@# action game your brother gave you as a gift and wants to see you enjoy it and progress in it and you cheat so next time he comes around he'll be off your back, yes

[Last edited by ela_de at 06-28-2005 12:45 PM]
06-18-2005 at 11:34 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219

Location: New York...not the city, though. A suburb of Syracuse.

Height: 5' 8"

Job/Grade/College: Just finished 10th grade.

Favorite Band: It is a toss-up between Rush, Queen, and ELP.

Favorite Type of Music: Romantic/20th century classical. Liszt, Mussorgsky, Shostakovich, Stravinsky, and Bartok are my favorite composers.

Favorite Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :D

Favorite Book: "Surely, you're joking, Mr. Feynman."

Favorite Author: I don't really read by choice. :/

How long have you been playing DROD for? A year, but I haven't had a computer for most of that time.

If not, how far are you? Done.

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? I would probably mess something up.

Cat or Dog person: Cat. They are less destructive.

Desert island companion: Alone would be pretty good for me. Either that, or a girl that wont PMS about everything. Like she even exists. :(

Origin of Username: Probably self-explanitory.

What is your ultimate goal in life? Become some famous music dude or something.

Favourite Game: For PC-DROD. :D For A platform game-Metroid Prime or Super Monkey ball.

- I play drums and piano.

- I did have a girl friend. And then she went into PMS 24/7 overdrive mode. O_O

-I don't study for tests EVER. I still manage to get good grades. In fact, I have a math final tomorrow that I should be studying for.

The fact that a game so simple can be so difficult.

People aren't arguing with each other constantly, like on other forums I visit. No one really gets angry when people do stupid things, either. :)
06-23-2005 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Questionaire (0)  
cheese obsessive wrote:
-I don't study for tests EVER. I still manage to get good grades. In fact, I have a math final tomorrow that I should be studying for.
Hey! I should have put that one down. :)

06-23-2005 at 06:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
zex20913 wrote:
Eh...might as well.

Eyes: blue/green
Height: 6'1
Job/Grade/College: Freshman in college
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters
Favorite Music: Alternative
Favorite Movie: Not sure
Favorite Book: Faith of the Fallen (as of now)
Favorite Author: Not sure.
How long have you been playing DROD? About a year and a half...maybe 2
Beaten? Yes.
Admin: I wouldn't want the responsibility

Wow...a lot can change in 3 years. Specifically the age thing. But some things also stay the same.

Here cometh a monstrous "about me!" sheet.

Eyes: blue/green
Height: 6'1
Job/Grade/College: Senior in college
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters
Favorite Music: Alternative
Favorite Movie: Sin City
Favorite Book: Catch 22
Favorite Author: Not sure.
How long have you been playing DROD? About a 4 and a half years...maybe 5
Beaten? Yes. Not mastered JtRH, but beaten that as well.
Admin: I wouldn't clamor for the responsibility, but if asked, I would do it.
Cat or dog: Dog, but small. Preferrably robotic.
Desert Isle companion: Someone who's happy just being with me, and I'm happy just being with.
Name origins: ZEX=Zelda EXpert, 20913= 20 9 13 = T I M in alphabet code.
Ultimate Goal in life: Currently, become a professor of mathematics, and teach an intro to Calculus course that causes at least 50 students to sign up to be math majors (number dependant upon size of school) and have them all drop the next semester, or the semester after I stop teaching the classes they are in.
Favorite Game: It's between the Zelda series and the DROD series...it really is a series, even if most of it is user made.
3 things you don't know about me:

I did not drink before my 21st birthday, and found a natural tolerance of 10.

The first concert I ever went to was during sophomore year of college.

I get angry when people are not punctual within 5 minutes, but won't show it until at least 30.

Why is DROD so great: It is the best puzzle game, and the most interesting one, that I have ever found.

Why the forums are great: One can be away for a year, come back, and be right back in the swing of things. And all the people are great too.

Does the end justify the means? In statistics, the means justify the end.
So long as nobody gets hurt, I'd say yes, the end does justify the means. But that's the easy situation.
Otherwise, things become dependant.

Okay...maybe that wasn't so monstrous...but it's been more than 3 years, so I thought I should update.

06-27-2005 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Questionaire (+1)  
Wouldn't it be a good idea to delete your old post if you update your information? Or alternatively edit the old post. (That's what I've been doing)
Different versions of the same information randomly around the thread are confusing and flood the topic a little too.
06-28-2005 at 12:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ostegolectr1c
Rank Points: 116
I've never posted here so:

Eyes: Grey
Height: 169 cm.
Job/Grade/College: 11th grade
Favorite Band: Kataklysm
Favorite Type of Music: Death Metal, Goregrind
Favorite Movie: Se7en, (Ju-On) The Grudge
Favorite Book: All Lovecraft Book and Wheel Of Time
Favorite Author: H. P. Lovecraft, Robert Jordan
How long have you been playing DROD for? Almost An Year (since november 2004)
Ever beat DROD? Only KDD
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? I Don't Mind :D
Cat or dog: Cat
Desert Isle companion: Beertho Budkin
Nickname origins: A song from Static X with a twist (Otsegolectric)
Ultimate Goal in life: Become a great guitar player :)
Favorite Game: DROD and Icewind Dale series
3 things you don't know about me: I never had a girlfriend. I don't like pop music. I've beaten 50+ holds. (Counting from the last hold to the first on holds page. Currently on Bavoto's Dungeon Level 3)
;)

[Last edited by Ostegolectr1c at 07-15-2005 12:46 AM]
07-15-2005 at 12:40 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
You're soooo going to end up as his dinner :(

07-15-2005 at 01:00 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Maurog wrote:
You're soooo going to end up as his dinner :(
Note he didn't say Beethro Budkin, but Beertho Budkin, who would be the one in charge of serving the drinks :P
07-15-2005 at 11:26 AM
Mouse
Rank Points: 246
Eyes: Grey
Height: 155 cm. (5 foot)
Job/Grade/College: Software Engineer
Favourite Band: Crowded House, Def Leppard, Police, & Dire Straights
Favourite Type of Music: Anything except Rap
Favourite Movie: The Matrix, Lord of the Rings
Favourite Book: Anything except Romance
Favourite Author: Pretty much anybody that doesn't write Romance
How long have you been playing DROD for? 4 months (ish)
Ever beat DROD? beaten KDD
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? no thanks
Cat or dog: Cat
Desert Isle companion: My husband
Nickname origins: I'm not very tall
Ultimate Goal in life: umm, I'll get back to you ;)
Favourite Game: Pretty much anything but not shoot-em-ups by preference.
- I have read most books I own at least twice if not three times.
- I got my wrist broken once while playing basketball.
- I have asthma.
07-15-2005 at 08:52 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Mouse wrote:
Favourite Band: Crowded House, Def Leppard, Police, & Dire Straits

Hey, I'm going to go see Mark Knopfler at the Greek Theater in L.A. a week from today (on the 22nd). I've seen him there before, during the Sailing to Philadelphia tour, and it was a great show.

I am also going to see Robert Plant on the 24th, but now I'm just bragging. ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-15-2005 at 09:55 PM
drodette
Rank Points: 25
Name: Carrie Anne
Height: 5'10"
College: You betcha.
Job: Marketing consultant
Fave band: Cowboy Junkies, Peter Gabriel, Antony and the Johnsons
Favourite movie: Don't watch them, they rot your brain.
Favourite book: The Edible Woman
Favourite author: I'm sorry, that's far too difficult a question for a print junkie to answer.
How long playing DROD: Waaaay too long to be so far from the end.
Beaten DROD?: *sniff* No. I'm giving up, too.
Admin: That would be a mistake. I couldn't administrate a paper bag.
Cat or dog: Meow.
Desert Isle companion: Can I have two? 1. My sister - for laughs; 2. God. I've got a coupla questions.
Goal in life: To never be bankrupt. In spirit.
Favourite Game: Extreme Croquet.
1. I drink my Diet Coke warmed up in the microwave;
2. I sing to my tomato plant when there's no one around in neighbouring yards.
3. I teach myself one new useful skill each year - last year it was whistling, this year - knitting.

07-19-2005 at 03:42 PM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Hair: Going once ... going twice ...
Eyes: brown
Height: 178
Job/Grade/College: lic.phil.

Favourites vary quickly over time, but here's the current status:

Favorite Band: Peter Gabriel (if you want to call him a band)
Favorite Type of Music: 20th century classical
Favorite Movie: El secdleto de la tlompeta
Favorite Book: Jusep Torres Campalans by Max Aub
Favorite Author: Stanis~law Lem
Favourite game: Calvinball (not that I've played, but I like it from afar)
How long have you been playing DROD for? A week or so
Ever beat DROD? "beat"? I only have the Rooted demo.
If not, how far are you? At the end of that, and some way into a few user-made holds.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Should who do what now?
Cat or dog? Cat, if only by force of habit.
Desert isle companion: Anyone with a plan to get us off the bloody thing as soon as feasible
Nickname origin: Randomly firing neurons on the first site, kept it for others because it seems to be uniqueish.
Goal in life: Being nice, ética sin religion and all that.
No point listing three things you don't know about me, since you don't know anything about me yet anyway ...
07-28-2005 at 04:27 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Znirk wrote:
Hair: Going once ... going twice ...
Bald!

07-29-2005 at 04:22 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Location: Lier, (prov. Antwerp; country: Belgium) (Dutch part of Belgium
Hair: Brown (about 1mm)
Eyes: blue
Height: 1m89 (6 feet 2)
Job/Grade/College: I work in a mayonaise factory
Favorite Band: Muse
Favorite Type of Music: almost everything
Favorite Movie: action and comedy from will smith or jim carey
Favorite Book: don't like to read
Favourite Language: "Liers" it's a flemish dialect, and Flemish is Belgian Dutch
How long have you been playing DROD for? I first played a demo version of webfoot DROD about years ago. And when I got internet, I was looking for games to download, and then I found the webside, and now I'm adicted :)

Ever beat DROD? Ofcourse. I Mastered KDD2 and JtRH (and ofcourse also AE)

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? No

Cat or Dog person: Dog

Origin of Username: Internet was knew to me when I registered here, so it's just my first name, I might ask someday to change, but we'll see, I first have to come up with something

What is your ultimate goal in life? To have fun everday of my life

Favourite Game: DROD, It's the only game I play.

Sweet or savoury? To sweet ;)

Cool Stuff
I painted my car yellow and black, these are the colors of the football (soccer) team I supportering. (I'll make a photo one day and post it here)

It's 2D, and it's just fun, fun, fun!!!

When I'm stuck or when I want new holds, then this is the only place to find it. And there is also a lot of good and funny stuf too

Why shouldn't you become an admin?
DROD is just for fun to my, not for "work".

08-03-2005 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
robin

File: IM000462.JPG (966.6 KB)
Downloaded 55 times.
License: Other
Here is my car. (finally took pictures of it)

09-14-2005 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
robin

File: IM000463.JPG (769.5 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Other
Here is another one.

09-14-2005 at 06:06 PM
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
icon Re: Questionaire (+4)  
I probably should have posted here first before making another post elsewhere. But here are my vital (and not so vital) stats:

Gender: Male. Come on, have you ever met any females named Matthew? If you have, sorry.
Home: New York
Hair: Blacker than black
Height: About 6 feet
Religion: Protestant Evangelical Christian (NO! Not one of those!)
Job/Grade/College: High School
Favorite Band: No one alive, anyway
Favorite Types of Music: Ragtime, Classical, Jazz, Blues
Favorite Movies: Peter Jackson's Lord o' the Rings (not Bakshi's!), October Sky, the Matrix trilogy, U-571, Gone w/ the Wind, Princess Bride, The Incredibles, Emperor's New Groove, the Sandlot, Pay it Forward. I could keep going ad infinitum or ad nauseum.
Favorite Books: Brothers Karamazov, Bible, all Calvin and Hobbes collections, Rascal, John Grisham books, etc.
Favorite Author: Ezekiel, of the Bible. After what he put in his book, I don't know why they sell it to children! They wouldn't even put it on a high school reading list, and those are pretty bad...
Favorite Quote: "Say it with me now, 'I am an individual.'"
Favorite Random Fact: If P is pounds, humans need 1.24090909 * P cans of Mountain Dew to kill them. But I still drink it.
Do you hate naming favorites? Only if I don't have a well-thought answer beforehand.
How long have you been playing DROD for? 4 months, about.
Ever beaten DROD? Yes, KDD.
What level are you on? Did you hear what I just said? Jeesh.
Favorite levels? Level 8, Level 5, Level 19, and Level 25: in that order.
Least favorite levels? Level 9, Level 9, Level 9, Level 21, Level 9, Level 11, Level 13, and Level 9, in that order. Level 13 wasn't really that annoying to me due to luck. Did I tell you how I feel about Level 9?
Favorite rooms?
1. Level 8: 7 South, 3 East
2. Level 7: 2 North, 1 West
3. Level 15: 1 North, 3 West
4. Level 12: 2 North. Oh yeah.
5. Level 24: 1 South, 1+2 West
I like the hard rooms, especially tar rooms.
Least favorite rooms?
1. Level 17: 1 South, 1 East
2. Level 9: 1 North, 1 East
3. Say it with me, brothers (and sisters): Level 23, 1 North
4. Level 12: 2 South, 1 East
5. Level 3: 3 South, 1 West
I am not as much an enemy of tedium as I am of pointlessness.
Cat or Dog person? I am indifferent over the question at hand.
Origin of Username? Random whim.
What is your ultimate goal in life? Maybe to be a composer of the aforementioned music types.
What instrument do you play? Piano.
Favorite Game: DROD.
Hobbies: Composing, playing Piano, jumping on my trampolline, creating funny videos with my sister and her friend, reading, thinking. Also, playing DROD.
If you could describe your personality with one word, what would it be? Eccentric, I prefer.
What three things don't I know about you?
* I was born on July 4th and am left-handed. Although absent-minded, I tend to be deeply thoughtful and otherwise useless to the world.
* My social security number, credit card number and PIN number are ... wait! What was I saying?
* I don't have a cell phone (Gasp! Eschew eschew eschew!)
* I can't count.
Proudest moments:
* Getting one-course scholarship at Vassar, to be completed before graduation, for getting a very good score on the SAT in the 8th Grade.
* Having a bookshelf fall off of a dresser onto me, rendering me unconcious. Wait, why is this one on the proundest moments list?
Why do you like the DROD forum? PPL DON"T RGHT LK I M RGHT NW. OMG I H8 WHN PPL DO THT!11111111 ASLO, I LK HOW TEH *CODE* USES LWR CASE BRACKETING, LOL/ IM SO COOL>
Do you program? Yes, I program in the DROD scripting language. Also, QBASIC, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
Should you be an Admin? No. The forums might fall into horrible neglect, or follow the usual forum growth curve (up up up, down down down). But on the other hand, enough people are being drawn into DROD and not escaping, so I don't think that this would happen to the DROD forum anyway.
What type(s) of the Eight Intelligences are you strongest at? (Linguistic, Spatial, Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Naturalist, Musical, Kinestethic) Intelligence? Hey, that's a very creative question. I usually don't think about intelligence while playing DROD. I took this one (non-internet) test that said that I was Musical and Intrapersonal. My worst intellegence type was Interpersonal, but that figures anyway.
If you were on an island, and it suddenly flipped over to be a bowl of pasta, what type would it be? Well, it depends whether it's an island or a desert island. I would be macaroni for a desert island. (NOTE: Sorry, it's an inside joke.)
If you were to be put on a desert island with one person, who would you choose? Answer: Stop there, Mr. Questionaire. Would I be fated to be on this island for the rest of my life? If I could escape, someone nice with a satellite phone would be prefered. If I would be stuck on the island for the rest of life, you should ask the question, "Who would be your ideal spouse?"
Who would be your ideal spouse? Don't ask.

(insert a Horizontal Rule here.)

Well, hopefully you know a little more about me. I agree with Alneyan that there are too many users, but I'm just adding to the problem. Hopefully people will forgive me.

EDIT: This was edited about two months after the initial posting.

[Last edited by Swivel at 12-06-2005 12:55 AM : The times, they are a changin'.]
10-08-2005 at 10:25 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Hmmm. I need to update mine. Here goes:

Home: UK. Birmingham in the holidays, Cambridge in termtime.
Height: I say 5'9"
Religion: Practising middle-of-the-road Anglican (Christian)
Job/Grade/College: 1st year maths undergrad, Pembroke College, Cambridge University
Favorite blah blah: Can't decide
Do you hate naming favorites? Yes. As should be obvious.
How long have you been playing DROD for?I first played DROD about - 8 years ago. Playing seriously, about 4 years.
Ever beaten DROD? KDD, JtRH, and will work on KDD 2 when I get home for Christmas.
What level are you on? see above.
Favorite level? Gah. I don't know. Depends how masochistic I feel.
Cat or Dog person? Cats. Always.
Origin of Username? Reverse of real name slightly modified.
What is your ultimate goal in life? To be paid well for doing very little.
What instrument do you play? Piano, violin.
Favorite Game: DROD. Sure. As if I'd say anything else.
Hobbies: Nothing very exciting. Really.
If you could describe your personality with one word, what would it be? Err - I'll get back to you on that one.
I don't listen to music. At all.
I have an awful sense of humour.
I hate trying to think of interesting things about myself.
Proudest moments: I was quite chuffed about getting into Cambridge.
Why do you like the DROD forum? Friendly people, and because Erik keeps doing amazing things to keep us here.
Do you program? Nope.
Should you be an Admin? I think the current lot do a great job.
What type(s) of the Eight Intelligences are you strongest at? (Linguistic, Spatial, Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Naturalist, Musical, Kinestethic) Intelligence? No idea. Sorry, but this kind of thing really doesn't interest me.
If you were to be put on a desert island with one person, who would you choose?Oooh, tricky. I think I'd rather have facilities than company. Depends how long for. Whatever that may say about me...

"Oook!"
10-13-2005 at 04:21 PM
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
I haven't done one, so here goes.

Home: UK. London.
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5'7" ish
Religion: I love the world, hate evil, type. A novice bhuddist probably.
Job/Grade/College: Bum/Student
Favorite blah blah: Furby?
Favorite Quote: Between two:
"When the people of the world all know beauty as beauty, There arises the recognition of ugliness. When they all know the good as good, There arises the recognition of evil." - Lao-Tzu
"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Do you hate naming favorites? There is no favourite. I love all things that are nice.
How long have you been playing DROD for? 6-8 years? I think? Played the demo, rested, thought I'd check into it again, found out it was free and updated.
Ever beaten DROD? Yes, KDD. I don't have JtRH yet...
What level are you on? All of them?
Favorite level? KKD - 8,22,23.
Cat or Dog person? Dogs, because they don't forget you after 3 weeks.
Origin of Username? Screen name for rpgs generally. I have a habit of either having a name beginning with "Y" or having a name which is exotic or unpronouncible. I'm usually a mage of some sort.
What instrument do you play? Piano (vaguely), laptop, mouth.
Favorite Game: Other than DROD; Street Fighter 2: Turbo, Baldur's Gate 2, Little Big Adventure 1+2.
Hobbies: Doing art, music, gaming, pool, martial arts.
If you could describe your personality with one word, what would it be? Split or (chaotically) Eccentric.
I probably know highest number of rude anecdotes than anyone else on this forum.
I like challenging people on the net who live near me to play me at fighting games. It's probably an ice breaker, but I'm competitive with fighting games and some other stuff like dancing.
I have a higher natural resistance to poison due to my +2 to consitution.
Proudest moments: I'm a surprisingly modest guy. So living with no enemies is something that I'm probably proud of, or generally being a nice guy.
Why do you like the DROD forum? Because of the people. If this was a real social lounge, there will be all these people chilling back on brown leather recliners, sipping tea or exotic cocktails discussing issues in the most tolerable manner. You could have any drink you want, so if you want real English ale, you could have it. And the drinks are free, so everybody is happy. And people think outside the box here. Also there is the love of DROD factor...
Do you program? Gah! I used to do Java and I'll never go back, so I can't join your gang...
Should you be an Admin? I don't think I'm around often enough to be one... and I'm ocassionally random.
What type(s) of the Eight Intelligences are you strongest at? (Linguistic, Spatial, Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Naturalist, Musical, Kinestethic) Intelligence? Spatial, Kinestethic, Naturalist, Musical, Intrapersonal, Logical, and something else the last time I checked the dictionary. My maths has gotten worse since I don't rely on it as much as I used to, so Logical might be stricken of the list. I love art and music, I can (apparently said) dance, kick ass, love sitting in a field and meditating, and I used to like Maths when I was doing lots of it. I was crap at it, but ny like of it made me good at it, eventually.
If you were to be put on a desert island with one person, who would you choose? Bathroom with toilets, with a guy in there spraying you with perfume. Or my friend Mina.

Click here to view the secret text

11-23-2005 at 01:47 AM
devNull
Rank Points: 20
Hair: Dark blonde
Eyes: Blue-green
Height: 176cm
Job/Grade/College: Flight Attendant
Favorite Band: The Wynton Marsalis Septet
Favorite Type of Music: Jazz
Favorite Movie: "Ghost in the Shell"
Favorite Book: "Lord of the Rings" or "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"
Favorite Author: George R.R. Martin or Thomas Pynchon
How long have you been playing DROD for? 6 weeks
Ever beat DROD? Yes
If not, how far are you? I said yes, sheesh.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Only if they're masochists.

12-08-2005 at 11:23 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
I haven't done one yet either...
Hair: Greasy
Eyes: Blue-green
Height: 166cm
Job/Grade/College: Grade 9
What instruments do you play? Piano, drums, base clarinet
Favorite Band: N/A
Favorite Type of Music: Jazz / Classic
Favorite Movie: Can't decide
Favorite Book: see above
Favorite Author(s): Kjartan Poskitt, J.K. Rowling
Favourite Game: Doom 2
Origin of Username: Nickname teacher gave me
I own a budgie
I also own a canary
I also own two finches
How long have you been playing DROD for? Not very long
Ever beat DROD? No
If not, how far are you? Don't remember
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? No

I think thats it, everyone else's posts have different questions.
01-04-2006 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
fratropea
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87

Air:Black

Eyes:Brown

favouurite book:Harry Potter...

Cat or dog person:DOG DOG DOG...

Favourite game:DROD for PC and PRINCE for Play Station

Three things yuo probably don't known about me:
I am mother of a wonderful child of 10 years (than helps me to play;
I love animals;
Use DROD against the depression
In fact I LOVE DROD and I game every time that I have little of free time.

Origin of username: my username is that one of my husband

W DROD I LOVE DROD
01-09-2006 at 01:48 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Questionaire (+4)  
Well, I first registered at this forum before this thread was even created, but never got around to replying to it. So, I guess its never too late..

Hair: Black. I think. Actually, I think it may be dark brown. Wow, I don't even know my own hair colour. This questionnaire is useful after all.
Eyes: Bluey Hazely Greeny something. Yes, I do actually know what I look like, whatever you are currently thinking.
Height: About 5 foot 11.
Job/Grade/College: Can graduate with a BSc this year [in mathematics]. Not sure if I'm continuing at uni or not yet. I have to decide really really soon. And I have absolutely no clue what I want to do.
Favorite Band:
Favorite Type of Music:

--I'm not really a fan of any particular music, though I don't mind listening to anything not too loud.
Favorite Movie: The Matrix.
Favorite Book: My six favourite books are the 6 Harry Potter books, probably in reverse order or so.
Favorite Author: Well, it would be unusual for my favourite author not to write my favourite book. But hey, its true. Agatha Christie. Read nearly every single one.
Hobbies: Maths (yes, thats a hobby, and yes, I write an s at the end of the word). And programming, especially games. Oh, and I play chess, and played piano for a long long time.
Origin of username: One of my friends thought this up, actually. The three Ms stand for, respectively, maths (theres that s again!), master, and my last name. I just go by TripleM now.
How long have you been playing DROD for? Man, it must have been a long time ago. If I joined the forum in early 2003, had been registered to the yahoo groups, and beaten webfoot drod before that.. well, thats several years now.
Ever beat DROD? Yep, webfoot, AE, KDD2, and JtRH. Then again, since its impossible to 'beat' DROD, I could answer no.
Favourite hold(s):An unpublished hold called Ricky's dungeon, by Bibelot, along with all of Jacob's awesome Grinfidel series.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Clayton? Heh, I remember him. Oh. Amazingly, this forum seems to be one that doesn't really need admins, eh?
Are there more questions you should be answering but can't think of? Yes.

[Last edited by TripleM at 01-09-2006 02:27 AM]
01-09-2006 at 02:25 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I have this little thing about staying fairly anonymous on the internet, so:

Location: Western Canada. I am Canadese. Happy Stockwell Day!
Hair: Something akin to brown. It can't decide. I don't dye it or anything
Eyes: Blue on the outside, green on the inside
Height: About 5 foot er.. 2.
Job/Grade/College: 8, in the Canadese Reckoning
Favorite Band: N/A. I don't listen to that stuff.
Favorite Type of Music:
Anything that meets the following criteria:
1) Not too loud
2) Not a love song
3) I can actually tell what they are singing
Favorite Movie: LotR.
Favorite Book: THHGTTG (What? 42, of course)
Favorite Author: Douglas Adams
Hobbies: Dabbling programming, Magic: The Gathering, DROD, video games in general, procrastination
Origin of username: Beats me. Just thought of something someday and it stuck. Interesting enough, the fact that it is technically a compound word has nothing to do with it.
How long have you been playing DROD for? Not long. I joined up here on someone else's whim and then downloaded DROD
Ever beat DROD? Unfortunately not.
Favourite hold(s): MetDROiD Prime. The original was awesome, and this .
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Clayton? Who is Clayton. Anyway, when I have more time and money then I would like to start up organized games (Mafia, RPGs, etc.) in the Games Forum.
Are there more questions you should be answering but can't think of? Evidently.

[Last edited by coppro at 01-09-2006 04:32 AM]
01-09-2006 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
TripleM wrote:
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Clayton? Heh, I remember him. Oh. Amazingly, this forum seems to be one that doesn't really need admins, eh?
coppro wrote:
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Clayton? Who is Clayton. Anyway, when I have more time and money then I would like to start up organized games (Mafia, RPGs, etc.) in the Games Forum.
Ouch. Poor Clayton. :( Clayton was the original webmaster of this DROD fan site, but he couldn't keep up with it. He's the guy that does the DROD pumpkin every year and other cool stuff...screen name of ClaytonW. His hold Claythro Tower is one of the best ones out there. And he has some great rooms coming up in TCB. :)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-09-2006 at 06:04 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Note I was saying I remember him ;) He has just been keeping quiet recently. Claythro tower was very cool.

[Last edited by TripleM at 01-09-2006 06:08 AM]
01-09-2006 at 06:08 AM
<<4567
Page 8 of 17
9101112>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Questionnaire
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No