Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Sudoken's Dungeon (My first published hold.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged

File: Sudokens Dungeon.hold (68 KB)
Downloaded 122 times.
License: Other
icon Sudoken's Dungeon (+2)  
When my father re-installed windows, i had to re-install DROD JTRH and my spammy pack of levels were gone. I have two holds, one that is ready for testing here. Level one is done only.

And, have fun.

NOTE: i know the title name Sudoken looks spanish/japan and stupid, but i din't had any other ideas.

EDIT: There will be in the full version beetween 6-30 levels O_O

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 06-28-2005 09:02 PM : Added Level 2]
06-27-2005 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: Sudoken's Dungeon (0)  
Can anyone comment my level?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-27-2005 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Not a bad start.

06-27-2005 at 07:17 PM
Jeff_Ray...
About the Ogmo room, i knew that, but looks harder than with trapdoors. Can you tell me how did you made it? i made the first line of trapdoors fall, and tricked the snake.

As for the room with the symetry, that was because i thought it would be great. If i remove one, i don't need testing, but the orbs connected to the opposite side of it, so i can't much remove it. About the secret room, it supposed to do so, but i din't had the time to put one, i wanted to put in the level ASAP so i can fix bugs FASTLY.

Thanks for comments, looking for other ones,

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-27-2005 at 07:51 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Because i'll take Deep Spaces for level 2, i need to wiat till 1:00 PM. I need the full version.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 06-28-2005 12:25 PM]
06-28-2005 at 11:27 AM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Comments on Level 1 :

Entrance : Nothing special about that.
1E : The good thing here is the puzzle on the first few roaches. But why do you use that eye behind the yellow walls ? It just delays the room. The eyes in the big area are a little boring to dispatch
1E1S : Nice simple snake puzzle.
1E2S : Good puzzle but why twice ? Note : Removing the mimic potions would increase the difficulty as you would have to lure the babies into the sneak pens (but this is however very tricky with brained ones)
3S : Rock Golem and Snake combination. Okay.
1E3S : Dont like the brain in the wall....
2E3S/3E3S : The master wall will make you the leave the room again and reenter. However this room will be a good thing when there will be more secrets.
06-28-2005 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Thanks for comments. I'm making level 2, and something around 2:00 GMT -4, i will submit demo 2.

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-28-2005 at 12:25 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Sorry for d-p but i need comments because exactly, i will use two levels when it will go at Holds section.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-29-2005 at 01:12 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Sudoken's Dungeon (+1)  
Honestly, Jeff, you can't expect people to test that quickly. Most holds are on the Architecture board for a few weeks before they go to the Holds board, and some for even longer. Be patient, and give people time.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-29-2005 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: Sudoken's Dungeon (-2)  
They want to piss me off, they don't try my hold out!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-29-2005 at 03:00 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Sudoken's Dungeon (+2)  
We're not trying to piss you off. Simply put, all of us here are human and here for free testing, and deadlines are not our best friend. Think of the forum as a small town, except everyone in it is a DROD fan (Save for those crazy SubTerra people on the west side of town...). We're all together, and we want to help each other in a friendly environment. While we all have our own lives that we have, we also enjoy talking to each other and playing DROD. However, if one person in the community has a problem, we try to rally around it and help them out. The Architecture forum is used for some of those problems. If you are considerate of the town's feelings and people's lives, they will gladly help get your hold in tip-top shape. Telling the town "I need help, and I want this thing ready by Thursday or else!" won't gain anyone's sympathy nor anyone's friendship for that matter. We're all pretty much equal on the forum (Save those crazy moderators/town council people), so treat each other the way you would want people to treat you. If you have a question about a forum policy or rules, either ask or look on the DROD FAQ. If you need help, son't be afraid to ask for it, but make sure that you ask politely, as that increases your chance of getting a speedy response.

In regards to your hold, while it's very ambitious to set a high amount of levels like that, it almost never ends up as good as you want. If you want to look at a personal experience, I set my first hold, Beethro's First Job, at ten levels. In the end, about 40-60% of the rooms in the hold had no real interesting puzzles in it, but were rather made simply to fulfill my goal that I had in my mind. If you want some inspiration, check out any of the Architect's Toolkits there, and with any luck, I'll have a new one made sometime soon (No deadlines, though ;)). Architecting is an art, and art takes time and can't be rushed. Patience and perserverence to make sure the hold is perfect is a necessity.

I'm not asking for you to apologize or anything like that, but just try to keep the posts on the more positive side, okay? The whole town will be happy, I'm sure. :)

06-29-2005 at 05:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
CRAZY?!? Yourself! I like subterra and i'm not crazy!

Ontopic: I don't know if there should be two, or more levels...

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-29-2005 at 12:59 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
To answer your question above about the snake room. Snakes can't move diagonally, so if you cut through the walls leaving the one in the bottom middle they won't be able to get out and will die.
There's no reason not to make more levels. I wouldn't submit this to holds yet. I think it needs some more work.
I also agree that you have to stop demanding people test your holds quickly, it just annoys people and they just won't bother, so it's counterproductive.

06-30-2005 at 07:24 PM
Jeff_Ray...
so treat each other the way you would want people to treat you.

I heard something like this, at school, in some project... ...long time ago...

I wouldn't submit this to holds yet.

Sure i won't... i decided now for the 6-30 levels you see in the first post. It's at least how much i will have.

But does anyone know what is the max of the level capacity?

I could make more if i can know this.

Jeff_ray===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

07-01-2005 at 06:58 PM
MeckMeck GRE
As far as I know there is no real limit. However 30 levels are really, really much ! (If there are the same size as your level 1 it would be 240 rooms !

A question : The file at the top of the thread... is this a update ? JtrH said it is a newer file and there also seems to be a level 2 now (that I wanted to test just now) and however I cant find the stairs leading to level 2 (both stairs I discoverd are leading to END Hold)

(ok, I start testing it in the editor now. So, tested the first 3 rooms of level 2. The others I test tomorrow. (Its almost night here in Germany...)

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 07-01-2005 09:08 PM]
07-01-2005 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Comments on level 2 :

Entrance : Quite easy room. Nice Slayer trap...
1S : This room is a little harder.... the Slayer in the Tar isnt really a easy thing. Okay.
1S1W : Nice Serpent/Wubba Puzzle. However resetting can be done easyly by pressing R so the suicide orb is a little useless. The eye puzzle in the upper right corner is a little to easy and repeating.
1W : Common Tar puzzle. However I would like you to add a checkpoint and therefore put the mother somewhere you dont get her so fast.
2W : Okay. Nice to see that 2 serpents have a slightly different way to be killed with the wubba.
3W : No comments...
1N3W : The wubba isnt really the main element. You can kill the downer snake with it, but the upper one you can kill with roaches.
1N4W : Easy snake kill puzzle (build a snake trap out of crumbly walls)

Bugs : None
07-02-2005 at 11:49 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Sudoken's Dungeon (My first published hold.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com