Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Goo (Tar, animate and inanimate)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.3/10 (6 votes)
σ 0.75
Author Name:rj
Submitted By:blorx1
Hold Name:Goo
Theme:Tar, animate and inanimate
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:24
Number of Monsters:150
Version:DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (4.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Goo.hold (12.3 KB)
Downloaded 586 times.
License: Other
icon Goo  
Here's some tarstuff rooms. Most of them are lynchpins of some sort, I guess. At the very least most of the rooms are interesting.

Thanks to the beta testers: the spitemaster, Someone Else and mxvladi.
03-22-2014 at 03:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Goo (+2)  
This is essentially a collection of miscellaneous rooms, each of which stands on their own. As such, the difficulty is highly variable - there's a mix of relatively easy rooms, pretty hard rooms, and one room in particular that seems to take after Lone Soldier as far as being a difficult horde room.

So, there's a lot of different concepts to look at - for instance, Once North Once East showcases a neat "room flow control" mechanism, in addition to being a tough puzzle in its own right.

Give it a try - all rooms are instantly accessible from the start, so you're bound to find one room you like.

03-22-2014 at 03:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214
icon Re: Goo (0)  
This is a fabulous hold.

My favorites are 3W, 4W and 5W. This are - I am a mathematician :) - exercises in graph theory and probably require some knowledge about inner corners an cuttabilty of tarstuff as described in advanced concepts(2?).

1W at first sight looks impossible and took me hours to solve. Excellent room!

I am still struggling with other rooms but I think I can already say that this is one of the best small holds I have seen.

I give it an 8 for difficulty and a nine for fun.

adS

04-11-2014 at 11:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
adS wrote:
This is a fabulous hold.

My favorites are 3W, 4W and 5W. This are - I am a mathematician :) - exercises in graph theory and probably require some knowledge about inner corners an cuttabilty of tarstuff as described in advanced concepts(2?).

I am still struggling with other rooms but I think I can already say that this is one of the best small holds I have seen.
adS

I'm really glad you're enjoying the hold. Given how varied the hold is, there will probably be some rooms that you'll enjoy less, since the growth wing has some pretty different rooms. That being said 1N4W sounds like something that you'd be interested in seeing (and optimizing an extra corner cut into).

Keep playing!

04-11-2014 at 03:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214
Addendum:

1N3E is marvelous. It took a lot of time to believe it is really solvable and even more time to solve it :)

adS

04-14-2014 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Goo (+1)  
I quite enjoyed this single level hold.

While there is no story, there are fine puzzles which matters most to me. They all involve some type of tarstuff, and require a bit of thought.

Grab your rubber boots and wade into the Goo.
04-28-2014 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Goo (Tar, animate and inanimate) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com