Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Forgotten Castle (My second hold)
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
I've started work on this. Do you want me to post the hold as I'm going along, or shall I just wait until I'm done?

In the new version, Werl arrives at the island with a friend instead of alone. I've named him Daron, but if you want to choose his name, go ahead.

Blondbeard: hope you don't mind, I've named a backstory character after you :P

Sounds fine :P
06-02-2013 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592

File: Castle.jpg (5.4 KB)
Downloaded 826 times.
License: Public Domain

File: Castle.jpg (5.4 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (+4)  

Just thought I should post a bar so you know where I'm up to :P

In the Forgotten Dungeon 7S4W, the diary page mentions a Wall Walking. I don't remember seeing one, either in looking through the hold or in Blondbeard's videos. Where is it?

[Last edited by Nuntar at 07-28-2013 10:59 PM]
06-18-2013 at 05:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 145
I don't remember if that scroll is right there, I'll search my notes about them, and if it's right to be in that place I'll change the text.

Whatever, I think it can be suppose that he found the wall walking in the dungeon and used it or that he brought it from the exterior, so there isn't in the castle.

Thanks for your work.

[Last edited by Suwako at 06-20-2013 09:07 AM]
06-20-2013 at 09:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
It's okay, I'm editing all the scrolls anyway. I just wanted to know, to help me decide what to write.

Another question. Is it deliberate that Dimensional Slayers have the property "Attack Adjacent", which means (since they also have a hook, and face the player) if you step next to them you take two hits? It's fine to keep this if it's deliberate, I just thought I'd ask in case it was a mistake.

06-20-2013 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
No, that's right, they do a double attack if you stay near them.

06-20-2013 at 01:08 PM
Blondbeard
So... Any news? 91% is quite a lot. Just the end left?
07-14-2013 at 05:18 PM
Nuntar
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (+2)  
Almost done, but I'm getting tired. I'll finish and upload this tomorrow :thumbsup

07-28-2013 at 11:23 PM
Nuntar

File: The Forgotten Castle Nuntar.drh (124.1 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (+3)  
Here we are. I hope you enjoy it! :P

* In order to edit the hold, I had to save my own copy, so this hold now thinks it's designed by me. To get your own name back on it, do the same thing (press the "Copy" button on the far left of the editor window).

* I've included the Elixir graphic (Nobard's Hold, Nameless Fortress). You need to get separate permission from mrimer to use the graphic in this hold (or, of course, take it out if you prefer).

* I haven't changed the hold's ending text. I think it needs editing, but as it's a personal message, I didn't feel comfortable rewriting it. I don't think it's appropriate to put the hold down so much (especially in text that someone sees only after completing it, when they should be feeling really awesome!)

* I removed the second room of the Hall of Credits, with the scrolls quoting komachi's feedback. I don't think it's appropriate for a finished hold to contain this -- there's no point dwelling on problems with previous versions, and it reveals details about the structure of the hold right at the beginning. Of course, the scroll in the first room thanking komachi is still there.

* As for changes to the storyline... play the hold and see!

07-29-2013 at 12:15 PM
Suwako
I'm going to play again the hold, It problably will take me some time to do, thanks for your efforts

07-30-2013 at 12:26 AM
Suwako
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (+1)  
Played to the tunnels and I was a little stuck so i decided directly to see the work you did.

I have no words, you are really awesome, altough now the hold should be called "The Forgotten Tower" instead the forgotten castle, since now there is no castle.

I'll remove the invisible potion and will make the boss enough easy to be defeated with just the speed potion to avoid that he can be passed without be killed, and edit the final words. After that I'll submit it to holds.

Thanks a lot Nuntar.

[Last edited by Suwako at 07-30-2013 01:04 PM]
07-30-2013 at 01:04 PM
Nuntar
Suwako wrote: I have no words, you are really awesome, altough now the hold should be called "The Forgotten Tower" instead the forgotten castle, since now there is no castle.

Oh, I would say that the tower and dungeons are all part of the castle ;)

Very glad you like my edit!

07-30-2013 at 07:04 PM
Midootje
Rank Points: 109
Great job Nuntar and Suwako, the hold turned out great! Loving the elaborate story as well.
There's one kinda weird thing though, I think you set a variable wrong; in Tunnel Labyrinth room
Click here to view the secret text
I'm guessing it's a simple typo, since you don't want to be luring players like that only to find out they've been chasing after the wrong item. It does ruin my gameplay from this point on, however, so I'll wait for an answer or until changes have been made.
Otherwise great hold like said!

EDIT: Some extra info is that I
Strange, but I can't see where the problem lies..

[Last edited by Midootje at 07-31-2013 02:36 PM]
07-31-2013 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Suwako
Since anyone who play will get the Goblin-Biter, should i wait until it is fixed or change it and then upload?.

Another option is to upload now and change it when bug is fixed.

08-01-2013 at 01:53 PM
Midootje
Rank Points: 109
Well what I did is make the change myself (making the Forgotten Defender carry a Hook), then play the hold further. However I had to replay the entire hold, because when I tried to continue using my 'own' hold, the rest of the hold was reset. It's up to you what you want to do; for aesthetics, it would seem better to wait until the bug is fixed, for practical reasons it's better to make the change now.

08-01-2013 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Change log for 1.2.0.56 reports this has been fixed.

08-01-2013 at 02:58 PM
Suwako
Hold already submited, waiting for approve, then it'll be put in RPG holds, thanks to everyone :)

08-02-2013 at 07:46 PM
Nuntar
When I play this in 1.2.0.56, the Protector kills the Defender in the Prison:Entrance cut scene. You might want to make him keep his sword sheathed until he moves away from the Defender!

08-02-2013 at 08:56 PM
Suwako
Nuntar wrote:
When I play this in 1.2.0.56, the Protector kills the Defender in the Prison:Entrance cut scene. You might want to make him keep his sword sheathed until he moves away from the Defender!

Fixed by making him unkillable, thanks.

08-03-2013 at 12:08 AM
Suwako
When you step in the tar shield you'll receive it like equip and the defense. It was a bug.

08-03-2013 at 11:47 AM
Suwako

File: The Forgotten Castle.drh (124 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
icon The Forgotten Castle (0)  
Fixed a serius bug where a goblin warrior was killed making the hold unconquerable, thanks to Komachi who reported this to me.

I can't remove the hold from the first post because it's submitted to HA, (I uploaded the good hold to them). I'll upload the good version in this post.

[Last edited by Suwako at 08-14-2013 06:35 PM]
08-12-2013 at 01:20 PM
Suwako
Another bug fixed where the last shadow of the protector did damage while you were in a cut scene.

08-12-2013 at 04:41 PM
Suwako
Hold is conquerable, I doubt if the original final enemy was possible, but i reduced the stats and addecuated it. As the image show, hold is now possible to beat. Final version is in the same post where i uploaded before the others.

[Last edited by Suwako at 08-14-2013 04:32 PM]
08-14-2013 at 04:31 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Just a quick note before I forget: The row of force arrows pointing East in Forgotten Caverns 1E are unnecessary and kind of mean - if you go past them and enter 1N1E, you'll find yourself forced to take a Swordsman hit. If you don't like that choice, and go back to 1E, you're stuck, unless you had the foresight to save before crossing them.

Since those force arrows don't contribute anything topologically (since there's also a force arrow before the Swordsman), they could be removed without affecting any of the solution paths, and would make that area a bit nicer.

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-20-2013 01:55 PM]
08-20-2013 at 01:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
A couple of additional comments:

First, the force arrows in The Ruined Tower 1N1W should probably be moved off the entrance somehow, but the obstacles should be moved such that the same topology is preserved (in terms of blockages).

Second, in Forgotten Caverns Sence South Twice East, it's possible to get the Dungeon Sentry to pass his sword over the Forgotten Warrior, killing it in one blow without the player having to do any combat. Is that intentional?

--

I'm almost done playing through the hold, and it's been pretty fun so far. The Ruined Tower and Forgotten Caverns level 3 have been interesting since, although I have tens of thousands of HP, I want to conserve them and am busy trying to spend keys to avoid fighting any of the horribly dangerous monsters like Forgotten Wizards or Dungeon Sentries.

08-22-2013 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
I'm glad you liked it, forgotten wizards can be the toughest monsters in the hold, and the enemies in the third level of the forgotten caverns hurt a lot, yes.

08-23-2013 at 03:30 PM
Blondbeard
Yes, I will play it as a HA. To answer your PM :)
08-27-2013 at 03:42 PM
Suwako
Thanks, take your time :D

08-27-2013 at 04:45 PM
Suwako
I have no rush, but it would be good some information after 2 weeks about how you are doing or if there is some problem with the hold.

[Last edited by Suwako at 09-08-2013 06:18 PM]
09-08-2013 at 06:18 PM
Chaco
I believe the main reason we haven't promoted the hold yet is that the DROD RPG 1.2.0.56 update hasn't been released yet. We decided not to promote the hold until that's released (since otherwise people would run into the bug where the wrong sword was built after the Forgotten Protector died).

We're not sure yet what the Estimated Time of Arrival is for the patch, though.

09-09-2013 at 01:04 AM
Suwako
Ok, well then I'll have to wait, thanks.

09-09-2013 at 09:51 AM
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Forgotten Castle (My second hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com