Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.1.59 (30+ bugs fixed)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
IP: Logged
icon 1.2.1.59 (+2)  
I've posted a new 1.2 installer with many bug fixes. For early adopters, since it's a version bump, I'd suggest installing 1.2 only after you make a backup of your existing six .dat files so can go back to an earlier version if you need to. [/usual disclaimer]

TFMurphy, schep and skell helped a lot to fix issues.

Change log for 1.2:

TT HOLD: (full install only)
* Pirate Lair: fixed the center tile of this machine not giving HP boosts.
* Pirate Lair: fixed possible premature ending conversation with the Pirate Captain and "Defeated the captain again" autosave triggering.
* Homeland: fixed unsynchronized cutscene
* Goblin Tribe: a secret power boost now correctly factors in your equipment stats
* Archivist: added custom sprites (thanks, kieranmillar!); now don't play Archivist music anymore once the archivist is gone
* Fixed issues in hold description and ending texts

TODO: Trapdoor: release cue event should only trigger if there is still a trapdoor on the tile

Build 59:
* Fixed potential 32-/64-bit import/export bug
* (Windows) Fixed requiring "Run as administrator" privileges on newer OSes

Build 57:
! Upgraded internal SDL library from 1.2.14 to version 1.2.15.
! Upgraded internal libpng library to version 1.5.8.
! Upgraded internal libogg library to version 1.2.0.
! Upgraded internal libvorbis library to version 1.3.1.
! Upgraded internal libtheora library to version 1.1.1.
+ Now "Player Role" script command can be used as a valid "If" condition, to see whether the current player role matches the specified one.
+ Upgraded outlined font rendering.
* Fixed: bugs related to killing monsters while in combat (e.g. via briar or bridge dropping) (bug link) (thanks, TFMurphy!)
* Script variable assignment: fixed whitespace parsing problem in expressions with multiple terms
* Fixed some script parameter vars not being set correctly on load (paramY/W/H/Flags).
* Added a warning when an NPC custom image is imported with dimensions not exactly matching a multiple of game tiles.
+ Added/Fixed: Incorrect event firing when doors are opened or closed with keys (thanks, Skell!)
* Fixed: Beeps and problems when O-layer items were built on a pressure plate. (Skell)
* Fixed: Beep when bumping into a monster while keeping the sword over another monster. (Skell)
* Fixed: Variables with underscore in their name should now work correctly in all cases. (Skell)
* Fixed: Problems and bugs with changing equipment using Set Var. (Skell)
* Fixed: Win Game music and Citizen "oof" sounds were missing.

Build 56:
! Upgraded internal SDL library from 1.2.13 to version 1.2.14.
! Upgraded internal libpng library to version 1.2.36.
! Upgraded internal libvorbis library to version 1.2.0.
! Upgraded internal libtheora library to version 1.0.

+ Room Format Version Upgrade: Now items under mirrors are not forgotten when the player exits a room (thanks, schep!)
+ NPC: new script Imperatives Run on Combat Engagement (default) and Pause on Combat Engagement. When the "Pause" imperative is set, the NPC won't execute its script on the turn any combat is initiated. Persistent behaviors, global scripts and triggered attack/defend scripts will run as before. (This behavior can be matched with an "If <Wait for enemy engaged> Else ..." block, but this new command will be cleaner.)
+ Build: Now can build open/closed Greckle Gates.
! Cut scenes: Now will not be interrupted automatically by combat.
! Custom equipment: ATK/DEF stats are now not affected by monsterATK/DEFMult global vars.
* Combat: Now player ATK/DEF and hit modifiers are recalculated each round, and not only once at the beginning of each combat. (This is a relevant change for custom equipment that modifies player ATK+DEF.)
* Stat editing: wasn't working for most vars in build 55.
* Build Explosion: On NPC defeat, fuses lit by Build Explosion commands initiated by this NPC weren't burning the next turn. Now the "Build Explosion" command will correctly explode bombs.
* Custom Equipment: now negative ATK/DEF values will work correctly. ATK/DEF stat values of -1 will now display properly in the sidebar.
* Room editor: Now placing monsters on briar is forbidden.
* Global script editing: Improved a rendering issue when pasting bad script commands to a global script from the clipboard.
* Mimics and human NPCs: now can properly push a mirror and activate a token covered by the mirror at the same time.
* Fixed a bridge building crash (also in TCB).
* Fixed tile transparency issues in Linux (thanks, schep!)
* Added "AlwaysFullBlit" INI option, already in DROD:TCB.

Thanks, TFMurphy, for these:
* Fixed building some swords builds the wrong sword type (bug link)
* Fixed Wyrm weakness property not saving properly (bug link).
* Fixed elevated monster logic was not working (bug link).
* tarstuff baby creation events: shouldn't fire if they get killed at the same time (bug link)
* Greckle gates: now objects interact with open greckle gates as expected (bug link)

Not related to a client build:
* CaravelNet: score validation will work correctly now.

Build 55:
! Now F4 won't cause subsequent errors or state weirdness on undo.
+ Now you can query the status of a piece of equipment (i.e. whether it is currently wielded or disabled). This query can return true even if the player has no equipment in the indicated slot. It can be used in tandem with querying the equipment type to determine whether anything is actually being wielded.
* Fixed: crash or script assertion errors firing in obscure scripting situations.
* Fixed: NPC types that are swordless by default didn't strike when given a sword.
* Fixed: a bunch of assertion errors when trying to replay a demo past an invalid state.
* Fixed: room display glitches and assertion errors firing when building some tile combinations.
* Fixed: copying an orb in the room editor doesn't retain its connections to open gates.
* Diagonal movement display bug when on edge of room and sworded (introduced in 1.1)
* An assertion error fires when the player exits a level, and an NPC has "Restart Script on Room Entrance" and is currently waiting on "Wait for cue event".
* Fixed a small-ish memory leak (when a CDbCommands object is copied). Also fixed for other DROD engines.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-06-2016 12:40 PM]
01-19-2009 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Re: 1.2.0.55 Patch (0)  
I've posted a beta patch with some bug fixes for 1.2. Please read the usual notice/disclaimer in the first post before applying this patch. As usual, if you know what you're doing, you can test out this patch to verify fixes before they become official.

Important things to note:
* Version 1.2 builds will silently update your saved games to a slightly different data packing format as you create them. This is in order to support F4 stat changes working properly for playtesting. You don't need to worry about this, except to understand that once you start using 1.2, any saved games you make won't load into versions before 1.2.
* New script functionality added in 1.2 is immediately usable, but players using versions before 1.2 probably won't be able to play holds that require using the new features. (These features are marked with "+" or "!" in the above changelog.) If you don't use any of the new features when exporting holds with this build, however, then your holds will be fully compatible with version 1.1. Once version 1.2 becomes official, I'll update the format version number, so exported holds will no longer be backwards compatible with version 1.1 installs or earlier.

Enjoy! :)

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-20-2009 04:54 AM]
01-20-2009 at 04:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
I have errors when I try download it. :(

An error occured while trying to create file for destination directory : No acces (Badly translated...)

I am using Vista.
03-24-2009 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: 1.2.0.55 Patch (+1)  
The Architest wrote:
I have errors when I try download it. :(

An error occured while trying to create file for destination directory : No acces (Badly translated...)

I am using Vista.
Are you logged in as administrator? Also, check you have access rights to the download folder (this can be configured in both IE and FF so can't give specifics without knowing your browser).
04-06-2009 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
Mind giving a Linux version of this patch? :|

07-02-2009 at 05:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dr. Murphy
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 46
Will there be any new graphics for 1.2?
08-21-2009 at 03:57 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
Monkey wrote:
This still applies, by the way. D:

08-21-2009 at 04:39 AM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Monkey wrote:
There will only be a Linux version of the patch when it goes official (1.2). There's work involved in porting a patch, and it's a big hassle to create Linux versions for every patch candidate.
08-21-2009 at 12:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
slimm tom wrote:
There will only be a Linux version of the patch when it goes official (1.2). There's work involved in porting a patch, and it's a big hassle to create Linux versions for every patch candidate.
But why? Unless the external dependencies (i.e. libraries like SDL and the like) are changed it should just amount to a recompile and rebuilding the installer. Granted, using make for compiling isn't as straightforward as an IDE, but with filetype rules it should be quite possible for the makefile to not need any changes unless you're adding a lot of new code in new folders...

That's something VM appliances are great at - just install Linux in a VM, give it access to SVN, check out the latest source code, run the build script(s) and you should have a new installer without much hassle.

Sure, it's of course some work to set it up once, but seeing as it's a Linux VM you can just pass it back and forth between the involved parties if need be, and you can just run it on whatever machine is used to also make the Windows builds...

Just adding my 0.02 EUR here... I have a Windows Server 2003 VirtualBox VM I use daily to develop for SharePoint when my devel machine is running Windows XP.

np: Electric President - Insomnia (Electric President)

08-21-2009 at 01:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
I'm not a Linux expert so you're probably right. :)

Trick is the man behind the Linux releases, and I don't think he has time to release a Linux version for every patch. You'll have to talk to him about that.
08-21-2009 at 01:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
slimm tom wrote:
I'm not a Linux expert so you're probably right. :)

Trick is the man behind the Linux releases, and I don't think he has time to release a Linux version for every patch. You'll have to talk to him about that.
Well, what I was getting at was that perhaps Trick could make a VM for building DROD and supply it to Mike so he could do a Linux build whenever he releases a Windows build... ;)

(Not that I'm looking at making Trick redundant, mind you... :D)

np: Tosca ft. Sugar B - Every Day & Every Night (Tosca - Dehli9 (Disc 1))

08-21-2009 at 04:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Trickster wrote:
1) If ATK/DFS are recalculated every round rather than at start of combat, does this imply that "Wait for event / monster engaged" followed by "_ATK + 100" would apply the ATK bonus to all player hits in that combat, or to only the second and successive hits?
Depending on how this has been scripted, it should typically be applied either to all rounds of combat or none of them. The mentioned change should affect only scripts that execute commands during rounds combat (e.g. "on attack/defend").
2) You mentioned that 1.2 will not be backwards compatible. I wrote a Version Check level for my hold just in case (since the new effects will necessitate code changes), but does this imply that would be unnecessary?
Hmm...I don't think I said that. 1.2 *should be* backwards compatible except for any explicit above-listed changes. Reviewing my above comments, I did say that people playing a version earlier than 1.2 won't have the above fixes available in their install, which is the usual case with major version upgrades. However, this version will upgrade your .dat files so you can't use them properly with a pre-1.2 version any more. I'd suggest beta testers make a copy of their .dat files so they can revert back to them if they want to go back to version 1.1.
3) When will this likely be released stable? :)

Thanks much for the information and updates!
I'd like to post a new patch installer today so people can test out the stability of our current fixes thus far.

[Last edited by mrimer at 01-03-2011 04:12 PM]
01-03-2011 at 04:07 PM
mrimer
icon Re: 1.2.0.56 Patch (+3)  
I've attached a build 56 patch installer to the first post. Please see top post for the change log. Several bugs have been fixed in this patch.

Please note this is still considered a beta patch for version 1.2. Please save a copy of your .dat files before installing in case there are data instability issue or you later want to revert back to an earlier version that only supports data files for version 1.1 and earlier.

01-03-2011 at 07:30 PM
SHoCKZz
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: 1.2.0.56 Patch (0)  
This "patch" caused my DROD to stop running completely. I had to reinstall and it made me lose the hold I was working on. May want to fix that.
07-19-2011 at 09:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
icon Re: 1.2.0.56 Patch (+1)  
SHoCKZz wrote:
This "patch" caused my DROD to stop running completely. I had to reinstall and it made me lose the hold I was working on. May want to fix that.
It's rather difficult to fix something when we have no idea what went wrong. You've provided no information other than "it didn't work". Also, at the top of this thread where the patch lives, Mike does make it clear that this is a beta patch and that you should *back up* your installations before installing it.

So in short, you need to be more specific about what went wrong. What version were you upgrading from? What operating system are you using? What happened exactly when you tried to run the game after patching? Were there any error messages? What were they? Did the game beep at all? Was there anything new in drodrpg.err?

Without any of the answer to the above, we simply can't help you.
07-19-2011 at 02:12 PM
asmussen
Rank Points: 188

File: drodrpg_error.jpg (91.7 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Public Domain
TFMurphy wrote:
SHoCKZz wrote:
It's rather difficult to fix something when we have no idea what went wrong. You've provided no information other than "it didn't work". Also, at the top of this thread where the patch lives, Mike does make it clear that this is a beta patch and that you should *back up* your installations before installing it.

So in short, you need to be more specific about what went wrong. What version were you upgrading from? What operating system are you using? What happened exactly when you tried to run the game after patching? Were there any error messages? What were they? Did the game beep at all? Was there anything new in drodrpg.err?

Without any of the answer to the above, we simply can't help you.

I don't know if I had the same problem as SHoCKZz, but I did also experience a problem where applying this patch caused the program not to run. I hadn't played the game in quite a while, and it wasn't even installed on my current computer, so when I decided to dig it out again, I first installed from my original installation file (DRODRPGSetup1_0_1_build47.exe). Then I applied the patch from the Downloads page (DRODRPGPatch1_1_0_build54.exe). At that point, the program was still working. Then I installed the 1.2.0.56 patch, and after doing so, the program won't even start. There is an error dialog box that I'm attaching a capture of. I could not find a drodrpg.err file. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, fully patched.

[Last edited by asmussen at 11-07-2011 04:13 AM : Added OS version information]
11-07-2011 at 04:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486

File: Error message.png (42.8 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
License: Public Domain
Is this patch ready to go oficial? There are two holds that are in the proces of being compleated that is dependent on this patch.

Edit: I guess not. DROD RPG crashes after I downloaded the patch. I get this message (see picture):

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 08-20-2013 12:49 PM]
08-20-2013 at 12:44 PM
mrimer
Blondbeard wrote:
Edit: I guess not. DROD RPG crashes after I downloaded the patch. I get this message (see picture):
I can't reproduce this. Would you please post what's in your drod.err file?

08-20-2013 at 04:37 PM
Blondbeard
Sure. Here you go: *** FIRST LOG IN SESSION 8/19/13 3:59PM ***
Assertion error in line 1302 of .\ListBoxWidget.cpp: "this->Items.size() > this->wDisplayLineCount"

No idea what it means, though :)
08-20-2013 at 05:00 PM
mrimer
Mmm...I don't think that's related to the shutdown error.

I need some more explanation (like all good bug reports should have):

How far does the game startup visibly proceed before giving you this error? Do you see anything on screen before the game gives the error message?

Can you provide your DataPath.txt file?

I'll probably need your .dat files. Can you upload them somewhere and PM me a link to them?

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-20-2013 05:54 PM]
08-20-2013 at 05:54 PM
Blondbeard
I reinstalled everything instead, and it appears to be working :)

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 08-24-2013 02:56 PM]
08-24-2013 at 02:56 PM
Blondbeard
Hate to say this, but it actually happened again. On my laptop. I have no idea why, but think it might have to do with a partitioned hard drive, where DROD RPG isn't installed on the same partition as windows. Anyway... If this was the oficial version nothing bad would probably happen. It just happened when I tried to install the patch on an OLD version of DROD RPG (one I haven't touched in quite a while).
09-17-2013 at 08:35 PM
mrimer
Thanks for the info. Mmm...maybe you can help me out here. If I recall correctly, you said that you did the following the first time you tried this:

1. Applied the patch. It wouldn't start up all the way.
2. You uninstalled the game, then reinstalled.
3. You applied the patch to the new installation, and now it worked properly.

Did I capture these steps you took properly? Was there anything I missed, like moving files around at some point or anything like that?

09-17-2013 at 08:41 PM
Blondbeard
Yes. That seems correct. But the patch did install. It was when I tried to start the game after installing the patch that things went wrong.

Also: I think the sugested searchway for where DROD was located was incorrect when I installed it, and things went wrong. I don't usually check, but the patch might have "thought" that DROD RPG was at C:
09-18-2013 at 05:43 AM
mrimer
Blondbeard wrote:
Yes. That seems correct. But the patch did install. It was when I tried to start the game after installing the patch that things went wrong.
Thanks. Yes, that's what I meant.

Okay, this seems strange. I don't understand how the game won't run when installing the patch on a previous installation, but when you reinstall and install the patch again, then it suddenly works now. I wouldn't have expected that to make any difference.

Edit: worst case, we can just release a full installer for the new version and skip releasing a patch. One installs the full version in a same way as the patch gets installed, so the upgrade experience should be essentially the same. The differences would be that you have to download a larger installer file this way. Also, hopefully this should work, whereas the patch does not.

How about we try that.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-18-2013 05:28 PM]
09-18-2013 at 05:25 PM
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
I'm not getting this patch installed correctly. Whenever I try to install it I am unable to get the patched version of the game to run.

I get the following error message when trying to start DROD RPG: "An unexpected error has occurred, and DROD was not able to retrieve a description of the problem. This problem might be corrected by reinstalling DROD. Error=468"

I can get DROD RPG to run if I reinstall it, but then I lose the patch.

I'm using Windows 7 and all install settings are defaults. (Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\DROD RPG - Tendry's Tale)

12-11-2013 at 12:36 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: 1.2.0.56 Patch (+2)  
I kept having this problem too and I was going to post about it, but then I tried reinstalling to a different directory and it ended up working.
12-12-2013 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
Ezlo wrote:
I kept having this problem too and I was going to post about it, but then I tried reinstalling to a different directory and it ended up working.
Hmm, ok. It didn't work when I installed the game into a new folder in Program Files (x86) for some reason...

It eventually worked tough when I installed the game and patched it in an new folder on the desktop.

12-12-2013 at 01:34 PM
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
Just a quick note that I've encountered the same problems and that installing the game directly onto C:\DROD RPG... resolved it.
12-13-2013 at 09:57 PM
mrimer
Hmm...maybe OS permissions for the app install dir changed from version 1.1 to 1.2. Let me post a full 1.2 installer and see if that will work for players better than trying to install the patch to a path in the Program Files directory. If anyone's feeling a bit adventurous, please try this installer out on top of a 1.1 installation and verify whether running the game works for you.

Edit: Uploaded it to the Downloads page for registered DROD RPG players to download. I have one for 1.2.0.55 ready to try out. If installing over a 1.1 install works, then would you please also try installing the 1.2.0.56 patch on top of the 1.2.0.55 install. It might work this time. Either way, I'd like to know what your experience is so we can finalize our options for the official 1.2 release.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-14-2013 04:39 AM]
12-14-2013 at 04:13 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 1.2.1.59 (30+ bugs fixed)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com