Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Goblins, seep and waterskippers (On attacks of opportunity)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
IP: Logged
icon Goblins, seep and waterskippers (+1)  
When you enter a room, goblins attack immediately. This isn't to say that they attack after you move. They do damage as soon as you enter a room. If you press undo or restart (the damage is still done) and the damage would bring you below 0, your health is set to 0 and you can move around normally, and any attack that would deal you damage kills you.

In addition, when you are walking on closed doors, goblins and waterskippers attack you, but seep do not. For this, it should either be all attack you, or just seep attack you, but not the way it is now.
01-09-2009 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
icon Re: Goblins, seep and waterskippers (0)  
Probably only seeps, to be consistent with normal DROD
01-15-2009 at 10:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: Goblins, seep and waterskippers (0)  
As well as consistent with what is explicitly stated in the in-game help files....

01-15-2009 at 12:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Goblins, seep and waterskippers (+1)  
I'd like to add my name to the list of people asking that the behavior be changed to be consistent with the in-game help files - that is, no monsters can score these extra attacks while the player is on a raised door and they aren't.

Mostly because I ran into this behavior while looking through the help files, built a room dependent on that behavior, and then found out that the behavior was buggy, so I have to scrap the room.

[Last edited by Chaco at 09-30-2010 04:40 PM]
09-30-2010 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
icon Re: Goblins, seep and waterskippers (+1)  
Fix submitted to SVN. (29/12/10)

Definite bug. Problem is in Monster.cpp.

CMonster::IsTileAboveMe
Click here to view the secret text

In short, the routine should return true only if the target tile is 'above' the monster. Flying correctly returns false. If the target tile is not an 'elevated tile', then it correctly returns false. But if it is, then it lastly checks the monster's tile, and it returns true if that is 'elevated'. It should obviously be the other way around, so it just needs to negate the return value.

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 12-29-2010 02:08 AM]
11-15-2010 at 11:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Goblins, seep and waterskippers (On attacks of opportunity)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com