Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Variables with underscores
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
IP: Logged
icon Variables with underscores (+1)  
If you use a variable with an underscore (other than the predefined ones) and try to assign it too another variable, it puts a * at the start of the line, which I assume means that it's not working.
03-27-2012 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Variables with underscores (+2)  
Fixed it for build 57.

05-20-2012 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Variables with underscores (+1)  
I just tested this old bug report in 1.2.3.98 and it doesn't appear to be working, unless my understanding of how it should be working is incorrect.

Regardless of the presence of underscores in the variable name, I cannot assign a variable to another variable unless I am using assign text or add text. Putting two numbers into variables and then trying to add one to the other by using Add and putting something like $test1$ into the Amount box doesn't work.

But maybe it's not supposed to work because the Amount box only accepts numbers? Is there a way to add a variable to another vairable?

P.S. Using underscores in a variable name with Assign Text works fine.
01-09-2016 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Variables with underscores (+2)  
When adding variables you don't surround them with dollars in the "amount" field. So basically the Amount should equal to something like "5 + someVariables * otherVariable"

01-10-2016 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Variables with underscores (+1)  
OK good, it was just me being a dummy then. I can confirm that it does work (tested in 1.2.3.98).
01-12-2016 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Variables with underscores
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com