Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Forgotten Castle (My second hold)
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Suwako
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 145
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (0)  
Oops! forgot to undo the changes to see if script worked.

04-28-2013 at 09:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
It works now. Can I keep my progress from 1.9, and play onwards from the shield?
04-28-2013 at 10:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
Blondbeard wrote:
It works now. Can I keep my progress from 1.9, and play onwards from the shield?
If there aren't any more problems with the shield and greckles, of course!

04-28-2013 at 10:27 AM
Blondbeard
Just to be sure: It is at that specific level I won't be able to get greckles from tar babies? Because I do get greckles in fourth floor 1E. It's just at the tar storage I don't get any greckles (which seems perfectly alright).

Sorry for being messy, but I would like to know if you want it this way before playing on (I think it's good). If so you ought to point out that the getting no greckles just applies to the level where you get the shield.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 04-28-2013 12:00 PM]
04-28-2013 at 11:47 AM
Suwako
Yes, that is the only level where you won't get greckles from babies.

In the same room of the shield I specify that tar don't give you greckles, altough there 2 that will do (the two of the forgotten tunnels), the rest won't so i think it's clear that the hold will remain giving greckles to the player.

04-28-2013 at 12:58 PM
Blondbeard
Good! That makes it better to get the shield :) But you ought to specify that it's only for Tar Storage you don't get greckles from babies.
04-28-2013 at 01:52 PM
Blondbeard
In the deepest dungeon there is a huge potential to use the grapplin hook in order to get almost every power-up for free. Is this intentional? If not, you probably ought to change it a bit.

I think I'll start uploading videos now.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 05-01-2013 05:27 AM]
05-01-2013 at 05:25 AM
Suwako
That's intentional.

EDIT: I already saw you have uploaded some (if not all) of the videos, time to have a watch then!

[Last edited by Suwako at 05-01-2013 01:22 PM]
05-01-2013 at 10:02 AM
Blondbeard
I marked them as unlisted, since they are not meant to be entertaining, just a potential help for you. Heres a link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8B62QHamK9gLa4yw_-pd5tyJG9kv9tJw

The first video don't have any sound, but I posted it anyway.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 05-01-2013 01:55 PM]
05-01-2013 at 01:55 PM
Suwako
Blondbeard wrote:
I marked them as unlisted, since they are not meant to be entertaining, just a potential help for you. Heres a link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8B62QHamK9gLa4yw_-pd5tyJG9kv9tJw

The first video don't have any sound, but I posted it anyway.
It says that it's private and i can't see any of the videos.

05-01-2013 at 02:11 PM
Blondbeard
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (+2)  
What about now? Can you view the playlist now?

Anyway... You should know that there are three ways to beat the hold. Join the forgottens, defeat the final boss, or using the invisibilitypotion to bypass it entierly.

My stats for defeting the final boss: 1882/850/639/28/1/0

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 05-01-2013 02:36 PM]
05-01-2013 at 02:35 PM
Suwako
icon Re: The Forgotten Castle (+1)  
Yes, I can see them now.

Ow, I didn't know the invisibilty potion also could pass monsters, I'll put a door or something else then.

[Last edited by Suwako at 05-01-2013 03:10 PM]
05-01-2013 at 03:07 PM
Blondbeard
Please feel free to ask questions, if there's anything you wonder.
05-02-2013 at 06:07 AM
Suwako
The question I would ask is if you liked the story and the hold (I suppose you liked the hold a lot), didn't see all the videos, so i don't know if you comment something about it in the next videos(actually I'm in the seventh :) ).

I've corrected some bugs, changed some doors and added a guidance about the use of the blue key in the tar stores and to unlock blue door of the goblin lands. Thanks for your interest :D .

05-02-2013 at 09:49 AM
Blondbeard
That's a tough question... The thing is the story is kind of mysterious (in a way well suited to DROD). Reminds me a bit of the story in A Quiet Place, which I really liked. But there are two problems. One: It's not a linear hold, so the story gets kind of scattered around. And two: An atmospheric story like this benefits hughely from atmospheric, almost poetic, writing. I probably couldn't write such a story in a good way in english, and in this case the language barrier made it hard to understand, specially since the story is a bit mysterious to begin with.

I really hope you can enlist someone to help, and give that person almost free reigns to make poetic changes. It is not necesarry, but it would enrich the experience.
05-02-2013 at 01:31 PM
Suwako
I'm done for today, actually watched up to the 12th video. The first person i know that can do that is Chaco, whose hold is awesome and the athmosphere great, but he is problably busy. I tried to do like him, but I can't :( .

Well, again, thanks for your play. I've corrected a lot of errors that it had :)

I'll start to search the person after the errors are solved.

Finally, the story complete.

THIS TRY TO TELL DECENTLY THE STORY, DO NOT OPEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED (dunno if you could care about it) DO NOT OPEN IT:

Click here to view the secret text

The diary story chronologically:

If this isn't clearer, i just don't know what to do :| .

[Last edited by Suwako at 05-02-2013 07:02 PM]
05-02-2013 at 07:01 PM
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
In FS:4E, the gel on the leftmost plate can't be killed for some reason.
05-04-2013 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Well... It's potentially a good story :) But as I said this kind of story gains a lot from being atmospherically written. More so, I would say, than a simpler story, like a pirate trying to find some loot.
05-05-2013 at 04:19 PM
Suwako
Gordius wrote:
In FS:4E, the gel on the leftmost plate can't be killed for some reason.
Solved, thanks :D

05-05-2013 at 06:47 PM
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
In FD:7S2W, you can use the grappling hook to bypass the arrows, which allows you to bypass the blue door in 7S entirely.
05-06-2013 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Suwako
Gordius wrote:
In FD:7S2W, you can use the grappling hook to bypass the arrows, which allows you to bypass the blue door in 7S entirely.
Thanks again!.

Okay, watched up to the 25th video, the main problem is that you are awesome, really, never expected you could go to the fifth floor and get the enough attack to kill the gel mother without visit the second level of the dungeon.

The changelist is actually like this:

- The challenge of the left can be accesed once, and will advice the player before it's done (goblin lands)
- Added a advice when you get the first blue key to show where you have to go
- The prison 1W has the text delay corrected
- Added autosave and score in the flippers
- Changed the secret with skippers in the fourth floor, to make it more fair when you receive damage
- Frozen Storages 4E now the left gel can be killed
- Forgotten Dungeon 7S 2W don't allow you to use the grappling hook
- Forgotten Dungeon 4S 2E You can't get both choices now
- Forgotten Dungeon 4S 2W Changed the reward you can get and the damage they can do
- Forgotten Dungeon 6S 1W You now will have to use a green key to take the defense and health
- Forgotten Dungeon 6S 2W You now will have to unlock the red door to take the gems

Again, once everything is fine, I'll start to search someone who could give the hold a good atmospheric.

[Last edited by Suwako at 05-06-2013 03:46 PM]
05-06-2013 at 03:42 PM
Blondbeard
Sounds great :)
05-06-2013 at 04:03 PM
Suwako
Watched all the videos, altough I saw most of them entire, others weren't.

I skipped some of the parts where you get the VIP card (at the end) and power. Well, the biggest error I would say it's the fact that you can go to the deepest dungeon without defeat one of the shadows.

Changelist is under spoiler and all the bugs i saw were corrected. Now it's time to search someone who can help me.

05-09-2013 at 01:50 PM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
I'd be happy to help with the story, once I get back from my holiday. (And I'm really looking forward to playing this hold again.)

05-10-2013 at 01:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
Nuntar wrote:
I'd be happy to help with the story, once I get back from my holiday. (And I'm really looking forward to playing this hold again.)
Thanks for your offering, take your time to enjoy this hold and the holidays :) . Oh, and i found the date I started this hold, 29 april 2012, so as expected, more than a year passed since I started.

05-11-2013 at 12:42 PM
Blondbeard
Yay! My advise is that you give Nuntar as much freedom as possible. I can tell from experience that Nuntars writing is very good :)
05-11-2013 at 02:45 PM
Nuntar
I'm home, and I've started watching the videos to get to know this hold better. I'm looking forward to working on the story, if you're still okay with that.

I already have one idea -- the beginning will be a lot stronger if the protagonist has a motivation, even if we don't immediately learn what it is. For example, he lands on the island and looks around, then says something like "Either my map's wrong or this isn't where I want to be." Knowing that he's looking for something adds more emotional involvement to his imprisonment -- we want him to escape and be able to resume his quest.

05-24-2013 at 12:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Suwako
I'll follow Blondbeard advice. I'll give you all the freedom to edit the hold in anything that you think will make it better :) . And that's problably will do it.

[Last edited by Suwako at 05-24-2013 01:49 PM]
05-24-2013 at 01:49 PM
Nuntar
I've started work on this. Do you want me to post the hold as I'm going along, or shall I just wait until I'm done?

In the new version, Werl arrives at the island with a friend instead of alone. I've named him Daron, but if you want to choose his name, go ahead.

Blondbeard: hope you don't mind, I've named a backstory character after you :P

06-02-2013 at 10:28 AM
Suwako
I think that I'll wait to see the last result. Thanks for your work :)

06-02-2013 at 02:50 PM
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : The Forgotten Castle (My second hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com