Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
IP: Logged
icon Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (0)  
This contest will accept entries up to the time RPG is released, and will end once one week has passed since the peak. The winner will get as many points as I have at that point, plus whatever anyone else will give them, unless it doesn't beat the current record. Editing posts past the time RPG is released voids the entry, and only your latest guess counts. You cannot guess the same as someone else, and the earlier post/edit takes precedence. If nobody guesses correct, nobody wins. Mr. Imer, can you post here when you release it, just so that we have a definite end point for entries.
If someone with infinite would donate mod points for this contest, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, it will stay as it is. If someone donates them, my answer is:

[Last edited by Someone Else at 07-28-2008 02:16 AM]
07-28-2008 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (0)  
You just want a thread to notify you when it's released, don't you.

07-28-2008 at 08:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (0)  
23 doesn't really work, because it isn't over 44, the current record. Are you saying that you don't think that many people will show up?
07-28-2008 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
I believe it will be completely unexpected, and come like a thief in the night. Unless I misunderstood the contest.

Edit: Which I did. Peak from moment of release to one week after: 55. Moment of release remains 23.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 07-28-2008 08:44 AM]
07-28-2008 at 08:42 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
22 at time of release and I too think it will sneak up on us. :cool But it will peak at 49. So 49 is my entry.

[Last edited by techant at 07-28-2008 10:14 AM]
07-28-2008 at 10:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeffrey0
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
16 online at release, peak for the week 41 (which won't actually show up because 44 is the current record).

It'll be much higher with some decent luck on the various social networking sites though.
07-28-2008 at 10:34 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Are you talking about this forum, or the in-game chat area?

My guess is 45 for the forum, and 25 for the game.

07-28-2008 at 10:49 AM
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
Release Day :

[Last edited by The Architest at 09-12-2008 07:36 PM]
07-29-2008 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwerulous
Rank Points: 340
OK, my entry is 50.
07-29-2008 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
48 seems like it will go soon... Yoink!

07-29-2008 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
42! :P

Just kidding, my actual guess is 60.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-29-2008 at 09:45 PM
jjohn7418
Rank Points: 161
:thumbsup 77

07-30-2008 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
Rank Points: 175
I guess 2323.

07-31-2008 at 02:47 AM
vittro
Rank Points: 479

07-31-2008 at 10:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Rank Points: 224
vittro wrote:
What?!!? Over ninety thousand??? :w00t
07-31-2008 at 11:24 AM
aztcg7
Rank Points: 104
Umm...56

08-01-2008 at 05:49 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
100 users

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-01-2008 07:59 PM]
08-01-2008 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fang
Rank Points: 175
Good thinking but it's already been guessed. :P

08-02-2008 at 05:26 AM
Vike91
Rank Points: 230
24 Then.

08-02-2008 at 09:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pneh
Rank Points: 154

08-04-2008 at 11:01 AM
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
Someone Else wrote:
... Mr. Imer, ...
dude, its Rimer!! Mike Rimer!
08-14-2008 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (+1)  
It's a meme, man.

08-14-2008 at 06:16 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
It's a joke based on his username, anyway. I don't think we can call it a meme till it spreads to other sites.

08-14-2008 at 06:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Jatopian wrote:
It's a joke based on his username, anyway. I don't think we can call it a meme till it spreads to other sites.

Just compare the clocks definitions of meme:

http://www.hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16429

08-14-2008 at 07:13 AM
Bingbing
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Hang on. One, two, three, many, many-one, many-two, many-three, many-many, many-many-one, many-many-two, many-many-three, many-many-many, many-many-many-one, many-many-many-two, many-many-many-three...

LOTS

08-15-2008 at 12:57 PM
13th Slayer
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 27
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (-1)  
Jatopian wrote:
guys, dont be that brutal! He programs drod for you, He answers to drod rpg questions and you make something like THAT to him? Offensive, really. And in our case, that is bad
08-15-2008 at 03:33 PM
Sillyman
13th Slayer wrote:
Offensive, really.

I don't think he thinks so. If you're really worried, try asking him. But I do believe that he has a sense of humour.

08-15-2008 at 03:49 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
My guess is 58
08-15-2008 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG (+1)  
Rimer created that joke himself back in 2005. I think he'd say something if he disliked it.

Try knowing what you're talking about before you talk, hmm?

08-15-2008 at 10:29 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
I am confused and angered that someone thinks I have a sense of humor.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-16-2008 at 09:08 PM
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Guess how many users will be on at the same time at the release of DROD: RPG
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com