Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : May not be a bug (But it should be changed all the same)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon May not be a bug (0)  
If you are in another character role (Wraithwing) and you walk over a pressure plate it does not push down. Fine, makes sense. But shouldn't it be pushed down if you "flew over" a power token? Please, make it so.

I wish that man would stay away
08-04-2007 at 06:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: May not be a bug (0)  
Why would it push down after you've flown over a pressure token? You're flying; wraithwings don't trigger pressure plates.

EDIT: as perhaps the phrase "pressure token" indicates, I was far too tired when I wrote this. I agree that flying player roles should activate tokens.

EDIT: for pete's sake; just read my post below.

[Last edited by Tahnan at 08-07-2007 08:19 PM]
08-04-2007 at 10:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Coz it's an abstract token, not a pressure plate, that's why.

08-04-2007 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
For all you know, the token is actually some 14 foot high cylindrical room with a picture on the roof. It has holes at the base to walk through, and windows at the top to fly through.
Maybe.

08-04-2007 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
tokens are obviously not pressure switches. they probably function on the same principle that operates force arrows.

08-04-2007 at 10:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Can a roach activate a power token, I wonder?

08-06-2007 at 09:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: May not be a bug (+1)  
Yep, roach player role can activate power tokens. Wraithwings can too, in my build, so it seems this has already been fixed. Yay!

Btw spitemaster, when reporting bugs and such, having a somewhat descriptive title is a plus. "May not be a bug" leans a bit towards the vague side of things. Just a thought :)

08-07-2007 at 03:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
Since, to my mind, a lot of people seem to be misreading this post, allow me to offer a clearer explanation. (I am assuming this interpretation simply because the one already taken seems too easily proved contradictory, and 10 seconds in even 3.0.0 would show that Power Tokens are activated by all):

Wraithwings don't trigger pressure plates. The spitemaster possibly wants plates triggered *IF* said Wraithwing has also activated a Power Token in the room, much like stupid monster roles can now use potions and trigger orbs.

So, not a bug. Possibly a feature request.
08-07-2007 at 04:43 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
I vote that wraithwings not be able to trigger pressure plates, regardless of whether they've activated a power token:
(a) because it seems to fit with the fact that they are airborne (fegundos don't activate them unless they crash and turn to ash)
(b) in terms of the player role a wraithwing that can activate pressure plates is like a roach/goblin that can also fly over I.e. it would be impossible to make a puzzle that involves a combination of roach/goblin and wraithwing, since the wraithwing could just do it all.

08-07-2007 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
if a roach activates tokens, but a fegundo doesn't, then I'd agree that flying is the distinction and say wraithwing players should not.

if a roach doesn't activate tokens, and a fegundo doesn't, then I'd think playerness is the discriminator, and say wraithwing players should.

08-07-2007 at 08:11 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
TFMurphy wrote:
Wraithwings don't trigger pressure plates. The spitemaster possibly wants plates triggered *IF* said Wraithwing has also activated a Power Token in the room...
Oh, Lord. I misread the post when I edited my response above. I stand by my admittedly incoherent first reply: flying player roles should never activate pressure plates, regardless of whether they've activated a power token. Power tokens don't affect one's ability to interact with orbs, after all; a sworded non-Beethro player role can hit an orb whether or not it's already hit a power token.
08-07-2007 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
Tahnan wrote:
Power tokens don't affect one's ability to interact with orbs, after all; a sworded non-Beethro player role can hit an orb whether or not it's already hit a power token.

A sworded player role can. As can non-sworded humans and goblins.

Roaches, on the flipside... Yeah. Power tokens *do* allow them to hit orbs.

This still isn't a vote from me for or against this feature request; just a small correction.

EDIT: Oh, and it's little known, but Power Tokens also allow sworded roles to hit orbs with their body, not just their sword. Which can make life oh-so-interesting. (In a dirty trick kinda way)

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 08-07-2007 08:40 PM]
08-07-2007 at 08:36 PM
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
TFMurphy wrote:
Oh, and it's little known, but Power Tokens also allow sworded roles to hit orbs with their body, not just their sword. Which can make life oh-so-interesting. (In a dirty trick kinda way)

I'm thinking that's unintended behavior. Anyone else think that's a bug?

It is an interesting tidbit that could make a few seemingly impossible puzzles, but I'm thinking it's unintended, and if we are to consider it a bug, we should do something before someone <coughmecough> makes a room that will soon be broken <coughminecough>.
Nah, who am I kidding? I can't make such a puzzle. If I tried to, then there would be a whole ton of high-scoring demos where good and amateur delvers alike found out an easy way to beat it without the trick.

08-07-2007 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : May not be a bug (But it should be changed all the same)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com