Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Graphics Template (Template for those who want to make custom tileset for TCB)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zch
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 503
IP: Logged

File: ZchTemplate.zip (42.9 KB)
Downloaded 416 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Graphics Template (+8)  
Hello,

I wanted to make a custom tileset for TCB, but couldn't find any templates that would contain everything I needed, so I made one myself. Here it is:

Containts new graphics for walls, water, stairs, force-arrows, tunnels, trapdoors (both on water & over pit), bridges and all the obstacles.

Of course, because this is just a template, the new graphics are pretty ugly, so you need to draw better ones over them :)

Please let me know if I missed something that absolutely should be in this template. Thanks.
07-21-2007 at 01:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Graphics Template (+1)  
I just wanted to say that I particularly appreciate this template because the walls and their relationships with each other are very clear. I'm using it now to train an artist to make a new style. Nice job, Zch!

-Erik

10-26-2007 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Graphics Template (+1)  
the note in http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=5748&page=1#177150 points to another 3.0 enabled graphics set which can also be used as a template, but I really like yours, especially the fact that you made all the obstacles different and made clear use of shadows.

10-27-2007 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Graphics Template (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
I'm using it now to train an artist to make a new style.
That style wouldn't bychance happen to be released with the next SmS or something like that? :)

np: The Orb - Close Encounters (U.F.Orb Remastered)

10-27-2007 at 10:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Briareos wrote:
That style wouldn't bychance happen to be released with the next SmS or something like that? :)
Not saying.

-Erik

10-29-2007 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
Hey, uh, can anyone tell me what that little gradient bit below the 1x1 wall is meant to represent?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
04-08-2017 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Camwoodstock wrote:
Hey, uh, can anyone tell me what that little gradient bit below the 1x1 wall is meant to represent?

That's the reflection-in-water tile, which shows up if you place a wall just to the north of water. There's a separate one for regular, crumbly and secret wall (which you can use if you like, e.g. in a couple of my styles I put debris in there to help act as another visual clue).

04-08-2017 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
Chaco wrote:
Camwoodstock wrote:

That's the reflection-in-water tile, which shows up if you place a wall just to the north of water. There's a separate one for regular, crumbly and secret wall (which you can use if you like, e.g. in a couple of my styles I put debris in there to help act as another visual clue).

Ah. Thanks. Where exactly is the water tile located at, anyhow? Is it inbetween that one grid area?

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
04-09-2017 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Graphics Template (Template for those who want to make custom tileset for TCB)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com