Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Graphics Template (Template for those who want to make custom tileset for TCB)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zch
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 503
IP: Logged

File: ZchTemplate.zip (42.9 KB)
Downloaded 325 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Graphics Template (+8)  
Hello,

I wanted to make a custom tileset for TCB, but couldn't find any templates that would contain everything I needed, so I made one myself. Here it is:

Containts new graphics for walls, water, stairs, force-arrows, tunnels, trapdoors (both on water & over pit), bridges and all the obstacles.

Of course, because this is just a template, the new graphics are pretty ugly, so you need to draw better ones over them :)

Please let me know if I missed something that absolutely should be in this template. Thanks.
07-21-2007 at 01:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2160
icon Re: Graphics Template (+1)  
I just wanted to say that I particularly appreciate this template because the walls and their relationships with each other are very clear. I'm using it now to train an artist to make a new style. Nice job, Zch!

-Erik

10-26-2007 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 913
icon Re: Graphics Template (+1)  
the note in http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=5748&page=1#177150 points to another 3.0 enabled graphics set which can also be used as a template, but I really like yours, especially the fact that you made all the obstacles different and made clear use of shadows.

10-27-2007 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3515
icon Re: Graphics Template (0)  
quote:
ErikH2000 wrote:
I'm using it now to train an artist to make a new style.

That style wouldn't bychance happen to be released with the next SmS or something like that? :)

np: The Orb - Close Encounters (U.F.Orb Remastered)

10-27-2007 at 10:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2160
quote:
Briareos wrote:
That style wouldn't bychance happen to be released with the next SmS or something like that? :)

Not saying.

-Erik

10-29-2007 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
Hey, uh, can anyone tell me what that little gradient bit below the 1x1 wall is meant to represent?

Conquered TCB! (plenty o' secret rooms though!)

[Usually Camwoodstock | Reddit is Camwood7 | Wikia is Camwood777 | DashNet Forums is Cookiewoodstock]
04-08-2017 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3091
quote:
Camwoodstock wrote:
Hey, uh, can anyone tell me what that little gradient bit below the 1x1 wall is meant to represent?

That's the reflection-in-water tile, which shows up if you place a wall just to the north of water. There's a separate one for regular, crumbly and secret wall (which you can use if you like, e.g. in a couple of my styles I put debris in there to help act as another visual clue).

04-08-2017 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
quote:
Chaco wrote:
quote:
Camwoodstock wrote:

That's the reflection-in-water tile, which shows up if you place a wall just to the north of water. There's a separate one for regular, crumbly and secret wall (which you can use if you like, e.g. in a couple of my styles I put debris in there to help act as another visual clue).

Ah. Thanks. Where exactly is the water tile located at, anyhow? Is it inbetween that one grid area?

Conquered TCB! (plenty o' secret rooms though!)

[Usually Camwoodstock | Reddit is Camwood7 | Wikia is Camwood777 | DashNet Forums is Cookiewoodstock]
04-09-2017 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Graphics Template (Template for those who want to make custom tileset for TCB)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com