Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Mysteries Of The Deep (Version 8.3 out)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged

File: MOTD Fourteenth Level 1E Victory.demo (3.3 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Mysteries Of The Deep (0)  
Here you go.

10-24-2007 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Thanks! I was still struggling for a minute, trying to do it without blindly copying your moves, but one wrong move and the guard turns his sword making it impossible to complete the room. A little toughie that no doubt others will find easy.

Now for 1W, which I'd somehow missed. Now there is a room crying out for a check point.

edit: I ended up creating my own check point for that room.

Level 15. There seem to be check points where they aren't needed, and no check points where they are needed. It's a personal POV, but as I've said before and will no doubt say again, every room ought to have a check point, even if only for restoring purposes.

L15, 1S1W. I'm with Chaco on this one. It doesn't appear to be possible to kill the roach.

L15, 1S. What is the bomb for? Decoration? ;)

L15, 1S1E. I like it, I enjoy this type of room.

L15, 1S2E. I seem to have a recurring problem with placing decoys. I haven't managed this one yet

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 10-25-2007 08:03 AM]
10-24-2007 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
The final version is out! Secret rooms, a post-master level, all you could've wanted.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-04-2007 at 02:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
First Level Twice North Once West - nice, some basic roach techniques

First Level Twice North - Beethro's broken walls speech repeats upon re-entering the room. Might want to add an end command.

Second Level: Once South Quarce West - There's no incentive to avoid waking the eyes because you can step diagonally onto the diagonal force arrow on land. Might want to add some orthosquares to either side to enforce this.

Third Level: Twice North Thrice West - Pretty decent secret room - requires you to consider everything in the room.

Fifth Level: Once South - Shouldn't the guide character disappear?

Fifth Level: The Entrance - After going through the cutscene in Once North, and getting your sword back in Once West, you can kill the guards. You can then slaughter everyone in Once North.

If you allow Beethro to do this, at least provide some humorous dialog so I can laugh while this atrocity happens. Or make all those characters end when killed so they stay dead.

More comments later as I replay the rest of the hold.

Fifth Level secret room - Required some trial and error, but was pretty nice after I understood the trick.

Seventh Level: The Entrance - Why is Beethro unable to go south? There should either be a staircase back to the Sixth Level or some plausible reason Beethro cannot go back.

Seventh Level: Thrice North - You might want to update your descriptions to take into account the 3.1 pressure plate images. Or not, since this is a 3.0.0 hold.

Seventh Level: Twice North Twice East - Nice room! Had fun killing those roach queens before they could run away from me :)

Eighth Level: The Entrance - Might want to get rid of that Architects' Note scroll, now that there are much more than eight levels :)

Eighth Level: Twice North Once East - Very nice room!

Eighth Level: Once East - After killing the guard in Twice East, going to Once East opens the door. Fine. You can then go into Twice East and back to Once East and the door won't open anymore. Since you can't get back to the door-opening path due to the guard no longer being there in Twice East, you have to restore.

Solution: make the roach in Twice East a real roach and use a green door.

Place a door-opening orb on the path in Once East.

Eleventh Level: Twice North Thrice East - Why can't I follow the potionmaster northwards? Some pressure plates opening and shutting a door would be nice, or some plausible reason I can't just follow the person north besides "there's no room there".

Twelfth Level: Thrice North Once West - I think this is just the right difficulty right now - tricky but not monitor-smashing difficult.

Twelfth Level: Thrice North - Oh, hey, a new room! You might want to put a conquer token next to the brain. Currently all scores will be more or less the same due to needing to wait for the serpent to die.

Thirteenth Level: Thrice South Once East - Might want to add a checkpoint in the middle of the room in addition to the ones in the outside borders.

Fourteenth Level: Once East - Hmm, okay, now the room is too easy. Kill the roach queen with a decoy, let the guard kill the decoy, then kill the guard with a bomb. Maybe add a second roach queen so the guard has to kill that too once the decoy is dead?

Fourteenth Level: Twice West - Please put some checkpoints in this room or make the subroom smaller - as it is the process of killing all the rock giants after the door is opened takes a long time.

Fifteenth Level: Once West could use a conquer token, as currently you have to wait for the bomb to detonate and this equalizes all scores.

Twelfth Level: Twice North Once West the citizen's "Send the guards!" script repeats upon re-entering from the South, but the Slayer won't arrive and open the door.

[Last edited by Chaco at 11-04-2007 07:04 PM]
11-04-2007 at 03:15 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Thank you! The fixes and changes were applied.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-06-2007 at 12:37 AM
bandit1200
How come all my demo's for levels 14 and 15 disappeared, and only the demo for the exit room on level 13 survived?

Could I have a tip where to place the decoy on L15, 1S2E please? I still haven't managed this one.
11-07-2007 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
badit: Sometimes you shouldn't be lazy, but here you should.

EDIT: THE ENDING IS NOW REACHABLE.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 11-07-2007 11:45 AM]
11-07-2007 at 10:28 AM
bandit1200
Oh, nice one! :)
11-07-2007 at 09:27 PM
Chaco
Twelfth Level: Twice North Once West still has problems with getting to the northern part of the level from the south repeatedly.

You might want to add an orb in the small grass chamber that opens the top door so you can go back and forth. That way you wouldn't have to depend upon scripting.

Other than this, I can't see any issues with this hold. Nice job. :)

EDIT:

Okay, I can think of one: Tenth Level Once North Twice East could sure use a checkpoint somewhere.

[Last edited by Chaco at 11-07-2007 10:20 PM]
11-07-2007 at 10:15 PM
Jeff_Ray...
For those who didn't notice, a new version is now out.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-08-2007 at 07:33 PM
bandit1200
I'm missing two secrets, in level 6 and level 10.

The level 6 secret, I am assuming, 'cause it seems the only likely place since I can't find any crumbly walls, is north of 5N1W. But how to get there?

Level 12, all I can find is an unreachable crumbly wall in 4N1W.
Am I looking in the wrong place?

I might just need a tip for L10, 1N2E as well. I'm struggling to clear the right half.
edit: I finally beat 1N2E, though I'm not sure I did it the intended way as I didn't use the bombs.

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 11-13-2007 03:34 PM]
11-13-2007 at 02:25 PM
Bingbing
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I too am looking for the Level 6 secret. Is there one?

11-21-2007 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Yes, there is one, but you need to update the hold with the one posted to the holds forum. If you still can't find it,

11-22-2007 at 09:54 AM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Mysteries Of The Deep (Version 8.3 out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com