Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : GA2: Speculation
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon GA2: Speculation (+1)  
Let us ponder over the text in the GA2 threads and what it might mean for TCB.

For one, there is apparently a ray gun.

However, I think the ray gun, the Ephelnan hat and the book on devices that enhance digestive pleasures might be part of a Zelda-esque trading-quest.

Which would be an interesting development in itself as it would mean that there is an inventory system, or at least some way of scripts in one room affecting scripts in another. (assuming all the characters aren't in the same room of course)

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 10-23-2006 09:00 AM : right type of hat]
10-23-2006 at 08:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: GA2: Speculation (+1)  
I dunno, with the LOTR reference and references to long scoffed at feature requests, I would think that this is more of a treasure hunt than an indication of whats in TCB
10-23-2006 at 08:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jemann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 160
Looking through past contests, I notice one called the Grand Audition.

Draw your own conclusions... :)

[Last edited by jemann at 10-23-2006 09:01 AM]
10-23-2006 at 08:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
I'd bet that these are just sort of sample, this-is-the-flavor lines of dialogue, rather than actual lines from the game.

(There are ways to "collect items" without an inventory system, mostly involving level entrances--the Mission: Spiders is an example, and I wish I could recall whose incredibly clever hold had five different "doors" that required unlocking, which you could do in any order and still have them unlocked when you returned to the room.)
10-23-2006 at 08:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: GA2: Speculation (0)  
jemann wrote:
Looking through past contests, I notice one called the Grand Audition.

Draw your own conclusions... :)
I sincerly hope that thats true, but the fact that they aren't stickied, and its not november yet means its highly doubtful.
10-23-2006 at 08:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
There's no reason why a contest can't be early. Also, it doesn't have to be an official monthly contest - the hassle of making a big vote and determining a single winner can be avoided. Also, the Denfry audition wasn't an official contest.

Heh, I didn't notice the Mordor reference. I do think the possibility of some lines being not completely accurate is not insignificant.
10-23-2006 at 09:16 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I can totally see where the ray gun would fit in, but yeah. The most likely explanation is that it's slightly silly text substituted in place of spoilers.

10-23-2006 at 10:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Tahnan wrote:
I wish I could recall whose incredibly clever hold had five different "doors" that required unlocking, which you could do in any order and still have them unlocked when you returned to the room.
That would be King Pilchard VIII's first hold. Clever stuff :)
10-23-2006 at 10:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Nope, you had to unlock them in order.

Doom's Death to Death hold had four guard-locks you could open in any order by completing any group of two rooms.

10-23-2006 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
MetDROiD had 12 you could open in any order.
10-23-2006 at 12:54 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Besides, I don't really think we can complain if we don't have real in-game speech. We have pictures! Ten times better!

10-23-2006 at 03:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
It is very interesting to look at the names of the pictures. Bar-riddle solvers could know what I mean.

10-23-2006 at 08:26 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Timo006 wrote:
It is very interesting to look at the names of the pictures. Bar-riddle solvers could know what I mean.
Yeah, I was very surprised of that Gossiper. It seems I (and Doom) got it right about that one. :P

10-23-2006 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : GA2: Speculation
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com