Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Virtual Burning Man - Vote For Winner (A multiple question poll)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Did you forget to read the rules for voting?
Yes, and it's too late to do anything about it! PollPollPoll 4 22.22%
No, of course, I remembered. Sheesh. PollPollPoll 14 77.78%

Who do you want to win?
Bunches PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Chaco PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
coppro PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Drgamer PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Elfstone PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
eytanz PollPollPoll 7 29.17%
Ezlo PollPollPoll 1 4.17%
jamesdenem PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Jason PollPollPoll 2 8.33%
Lardarse PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Lst6 PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
NiroZ PollPollPoll 1 4.17%
Rabscuttle PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
RoboBob3000 PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
silver PollPollPoll 1 4.17%
Someone Else PollPollPoll 2 8.33%
Syril Ram PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
techant PollPollPoll 8 33.33%
The_Red_Hawk PollPollPoll 2 8.33%
Tim PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Total Votes 49 100%
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Virtual Burning Man - Vote For Winner (0)  
So this is a contest, after all!

In the poll above, vote for the campsite owner you would most like to win. It could even be you--that's your business. Note that I didn't ask you to vote on "Who should win?" or "Who had the best campsite?" It's just who you want to win. Maybe you just dislike Ezlo in general and prefer he didn't win anything ever. No problem--in that case, vote for somebody who is not Ezlo. Campsite owners are not obliged to vote for themselves.

The one restraint I would ask for is that if you didn't participate in Virtual Burning Man, don't vote. It will just muck things up.

-Erik

10-16-2006 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Virtual Burning Man - Vote For Winner (0)  
Nooooo! I voted and then clicked View Results! Which would have been pointless as there were no votes.

Seeing as I didn't glean any information from this, can I have my votes unvoted before I watch people vote?

10-16-2006 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I won't vote because I didn't have time to experience any campsite. Why couldn't we visit multiple at once?

10-16-2006 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Chaco wrote:
Nooooo! I voted and then clicked View Results! Which would have been pointless as there were no votes.

Seeing as I didn't glean any information from this, can I have my votes unvoted before I watch people vote?
Chaco, e-mail me who you wanted to vote for, and I'll put it in for you under my vote.

-Erik

10-16-2006 at 12:56 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Jatopian wrote:
I won't vote because I didn't have time to experience any campsite.
Sorry, fella. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't have time either. Even after receiving such a nice invitation from Techant. I am tempted to browse through all the PMs in the database, but that would be slightly evil.
Why couldn't we visit multiple at once?
Why can't you visit all the squares on a Monopoly board at once? Games are about arbitrary restrictions.

-Erik

10-16-2006 at 12:59 AM
Chaco
ErikH2000 wrote:
Chaco wrote:

Chaco, e-mail me who you wanted to vote for, and I'll put it in for you under my vote.

-Erik

Done. Gee, thanks Erik! :)

10-16-2006 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Well I got my vote in and it seems I was the second person so far and if I count Chaco that could make me first, finally first at something. :w00t Who would think?

I sure had alot of fun with this contest, thank you to all of you who helped make it a virtual reality. I am even considering adapting my entry for the IFcomp next year. Thanks to this contest I got to find out about it and also got to see that I might really enjoy developing one myself. I am enjoying partipating as a judge this year. :glasses

I have pack up my virtual sanctuary for now but you may see me again - in another dimension.

[Last edited by techant at 10-16-2006 01:13 AM]
10-16-2006 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Erik, I forgot to record my utter disdain for reading the rules before I vote. Can you fix this? D:
10-16-2006 at 08:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lst6
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 211
Well, I had very clear who I wanted to vote, Go Technant go! :thumbsup
(after all, we are partners since end of the sandstorm)
(and pretty mean no option was there to vote both as we joined after the sandstorm, but that happens)

Things related to the Bar:
Click here to view the secret text

Working on: NOTHING
Accomplishments i'm proud of:
-Solving the bar riddle
10-16-2006 at 02:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I've only visited Techant's camp under adverse circumstances (pre-storm), and again during the party (though I didn't get a chance to do anything there), but I voted for her because I liked her concept best.

I'm sad that I didn't have more time to visit camps before the sandstorm, since I was pretty interested in the concepts behind some of them. Oh well, maybe next time.

10-16-2006 at 02:52 PM
techant
Lst6 wrote:
Well, I had very clear who I wanted to vote, Go Technant go! :thumbsup
(after all, we are partners since end of the sandstorm)
(and pretty mean no option was there to vote both as we joined after the sandstorm, but that happens)

Thanks Lst6 your were a good partner, too. :thumbsup

10-17-2006 at 01:14 AM
Lst6
Oh my! This is getting so interesting I am biting my nails! There is only 1 and a half day left to vote, and Technant is ahead! (Yay!) but only by 2 votes!
And there is a tie for third place! if there is someone who visited campsites that didnt vote, please vote and decide this!
Oh this is so interesting! (technically I am partially first as we joined, partially..., but I am very happy that Technant is winning)

-Solving the bar riddle
10-20-2006 at 03:45 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I wonder who voted for me, because it wasn't me! :smile
10-20-2006 at 04:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Oooh.... This is exciting. I'm glad I voted for Techant, since otherwise there could have been a 1st-place tie right now...

10-20-2006 at 08:14 PM
Lst6
This is so extremely exiting! Only 5 hours to go and Technant is ahead only by 1! And there is still that 3rd place tie! Oww, I will miss that last hours of exitement (I hate the timezones, it is 11:00 PM right now here!)

-Solving the bar riddle
10-21-2006 at 10:05 PM
eytanz
Yay! Techant won!

Though if I had voted for myself, I would have won... I'm glad I went with my actual opinion vs. self-interest or I would have felt pretty guilty right now. Congratulations Techant!

(Oh, and now there's a 3-way tie for 3rd place).

[Last edited by eytanz at 10-22-2006 06:31 AM]
10-22-2006 at 06:30 AM
techant
icon Re: Virtual Burning Man - Vote For Winner (+1)  
Wow thanks everyone! :blush

10-22-2006 at 11:14 PM
Banjooie
on the other hand, Eytanz hit second with a potato.

...What /was/ Eytanz's campground, anyway?
10-22-2006 at 11:19 PM
Chaco
It was a "sit down and talk about anything" campsite. Like a guidance counselor's office.

10-22-2006 at 11:35 PM
eytanz
Except that I provided neither guidance, nor counseling.

10-22-2006 at 11:43 PM
Banjooie
I see. I am impressed and yet disappointed.
10-23-2006 at 01:26 AM
techant
I was surprized that Drgamer didn't even get one vote.. I had a lot of fun playing the oversized DROD game. I didn't vote for him though. I admit it. I picked me when choosing between the two of us. :blush

I never made it to eytanz's place so I don't know why so many liked it but I am glad he voted for mine. Thanks eytanz!

10-23-2006 at 01:49 AM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
So I find it interesting that there were apparantly 20 participants, yet 49 people who voted, despite
ErikH2000 wrote:
The one restraint I would ask for is that if you didn't participate in Virtual Burning Man, don't vote. It will just muck things up.
Edit: However, there are only 24 votes when combining the votes for the various campsites. So it seems either 25 people clicked "Vote" without picking anything, or the 49 includes those like me who just "View[ed] Results".

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 10-23-2006 02:57 AM]
10-23-2006 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Edit: However, there are only 24 votes when combining the votes for the various campsites. So it seems either 25 people clicked "Vote" without picking anything, or the 49 includes those like me who just "View[ed] Results".
The 49 includes those who just viewed results.

[Last edited by Schik at 10-23-2006 02:58 AM]
10-23-2006 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Schik wrote:
Kevin_P86 wrote:
The 49 includes those who just viewed results.
That seems a little less than intuitive, but at least it explains why there's so many that "voted" when there's comparitively so few actual votes.

10-23-2006 at 03:03 AM
eytanz
Kevin_P86 wrote:
So I find it interesting that there were apparantly 20 participants, yet 49 people who voted, despite
ErikH2000 wrote:

Note also that some people didn't have camps yet visited others, and I think those people were legitimate voters.

10-23-2006 at 04:53 AM
eytanz
techant wrote:
I was surprized that Drgamer didn't even get one vote.. I had a lot of fun playing the oversized DROD game. I didn't vote for him though. I admit it. I picked me when choosing between the two of us. :blush

I never made it to eytanz's place so I don't know why so many liked it but I am glad he voted for mine. Thanks eytanz!

Well, you deserved it more than me. I just didn't really have any good ideas so I decided to do nothing and just push that as far as I could get it. I was also given 10 snakes at some point by Bunches, which I grew surprisingly fond of, considering that they were imaginary.

10-23-2006 at 04:55 AM
techant
eytanz wrote:
I was also given 10 snakes at some point by Bunches, which I grew surprisingly fond of, considering that they were imaginary.

I know I often think of the tiger I received from Bunches after the storm and then have to remind myself she's fine, remember she's virtual. :lol

I think I can pick from the prize pile for this win, if so I have my eye on a DROD store sweatshirt :D , if not I will just have to settle for a virtual one I guess. :-O

[Last edited by techant at 10-26-2006 03:30 AM]
10-26-2006 at 03:26 AM
Bunches
Rank Points: 192
techant wrote:
eytanz wrote:
I was also given 10 snakes at some point by Bunches, which I grew surprisingly fond of, considering that they were imaginary.

I know I often think of the tiger I received from Bunches after the storm and then have to remind myself she's fine, remember she's virtual. :lol
I know, two day's late but still...
Congrats techant! I'm glad that you and eytanz are taking good care of the animals.
10-27-2006 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Did you all vote at the tie breaker?
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=12511

Only 9 have voted so far... :w00t

10-28-2006 at 01:50 AM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Virtual Burning Man - Vote For Winner (A multiple question poll)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com