Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
Page 4 of 13
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon 2.0.12 JtRH/KDD Patches Released (Windows+Linux) (0)  
The DROD:Journey to Rooted Hold and DROD:King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0.12 full installs and patches are available for Windows and Linux. These include the following addition:

Added AutoLogin INI option: Add "AutoLogin=1" to the [Startup] section of drod.ini to have DROD skip the player selection dialog on startup when more than one player profile exists. The player used last session will automatically be selected.
FMOD: Our sound library is updated with more playback robustness.

And includes these bug fixes:

Restarting room goes to false checkpoints: This new 2.0.11 bug is fixed.
Cosmetic fixes and improved UI: As listed on the Bugs board for this month.

These files can be downloaded here.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-23-2005 06:48 PM]
12-23-2005 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+1)  
Hmm. So I have downloaded and installed the JtRH patch and then requested and put in a new CaravelNet key. But when I try to update holds from the Change Location screen while connected to CaravelNet, the process starts and then stops in about a second without ever downloading the hold.

I can manually download the holds and import them but I cannot use the Download button for the updated holds.

"Until it ends, there is no end."

[Last edited by bdwing at 12-25-2005 03:58 AM]
12-25-2005 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
I can both download and update holds after installing the patch, so the problem isn't there.
12-25-2005 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
bdwing wrote:
Hmm. So I have downloaded and installed the JtRH patch and then requested and put in a new CaravelNet key. But when I try to update holds from the Change Location screen while connected to CaravelNet, the process starts and then stops in about a second without ever downloading the hold.

I can manually download the holds and import them but I cannot use the Download button for the updated holds.
Do you happen to have Norton Anti-Virus and/or Norton Web Security running on your pc? I, and a few others, have had problems downloading some holds with Norton enabled. It seems to be the larger holds most of the time that does this.

I tend to download the file directly to my hard drive from the forums because of this and then choose "import" to play it in the game. On the smitemaster selections (which can't be directly downloaded to the hard drive) I need to resort to disabling Norton while I'm downloading it on the choose location screen.

[Last edited by Tscott at 12-25-2005 06:55 AM]
12-25-2005 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Version 2.0.13 Released (+3)  
The DROD:Journey to Rooted Hold and DROD:King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0.13 full installs and patches are available for Windows. Linux and Mac versions should be available soon. These include the following changes:

NPCs can now move onto tunnels.
Now can't place wraithwings on stairs in the room editor.

...and bug fixes:

Brain pathmaps: should not consider preplaced mimics and Halph as obstacles; broken rock golems destroyed by bombs should be removed as pathmap obstacles.
Hold upgrading: Now multiple player profiles don't lose saved games.
CaravelNet: more robust to key loss due to connection failure.
Fixed a crash when the player is recording a multi-room demo and deletes the previous demo in the sequence.
Unstable tar tiles with monsters on them now break.
NPC script editing fix.
Now you can't kill Halph and exit the level on the same turn.
Changing screen mode during playtest is now saved to player settings.

Linux only:
Fixed memory detection issue.
Loads libX11.so.6 in stead of libX11.so for clipboard, etc.
Installer now works on amd64/x86-64 systems (w/32-bit emul.)

OS X only:
Changed location of data files to ~/Library/Application Support/Caravel

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-19-2006 04:27 AM]
03-18-2006 at 10:39 PM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
The Linux patch is available! Hooray!

- Gerry

[Last edited by trick at 03-19-2006 04:24 AM]
03-19-2006 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (0)  
Nice one!

Just one thought... won't:

Unstable tar tiles with monsters on them now break.

break many demos ? Or is this a fix for the wraithwing on tar issue... ?
03-20-2006 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
It's a fix for the wraithwing on tar issue.

03-20-2006 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
eytanz wrote:
It's a fix for the wraithwing on tar issue.
Excellent news. Thanks :)
03-20-2006 at 04:47 PM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
:starts drumroll going: Will us poor OSX users actually get a patch this time so we're not *two* versions behind....?

03-21-2006 at 05:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
2.0.12 is already out, and I almost guarantee 2.0.13 will come before 2.0.14.

03-21-2006 at 11:33 AM
jcobleigh
Level: Legendary Architect
Rank Points: 25
Chaco wrote:

Where can I get the 2.0.12 patch for OS X? I don't see it on the downloads page: http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

[Last edited by jcobleigh at 11-21-2007 12:35 PM]
03-21-2006 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Chaco wrote:

As jcobleigh said, we don't have 2.0.12 yet, at least as far as the downloads page is willing to let us know. No patch, no direct full download. Pretty sad, actually; I keep having to comfort my poor DROD 2.0.11 for being so far behind the Linux and Windows versions. It feels so left out, not getting patched like its brothers...

[Last edited by Hikari at 03-22-2006 09:44 AM]
03-22-2006 at 09:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Well, apart from the scarabs, and the green/purple turtoises, you ain't missing much.

Oh, and the bug fixes I guess.

:rolleyes
03-22-2006 at 09:33 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Huh. Apparently, when I bought JtRH, I got a 2.0.12 version with the aforementioned upgrades, but the patch *should* be free and downloadable... :huh

03-24-2006 at 01:37 AM
mrimer
icon Version 2.0.14 Released (+2)  
The DROD:Journey to Rooted Hold and DROD:King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0.14 full installs and patches are available for Windows. Linux and Mac versions should be listed soon. These include the following changes:

Optimized disk saves.
Now serpent types may be changed during placement.
Added some alternate instant exit hotkeys: Ctrl-F4 (all OSes), Ctrl-Break (Linux/FreeBSD).

...and bug fixes:

Fixed speech loss/crash after repeated editor playtesting, then undos.
Fixed incorrect decoy/door highlighting.
Fixed faulty 2.0.13 fixes.
Linux: Don't copy data files before reading DataPath.txt.

04-25-2006 at 07:30 AM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Version 2.0.14 Released (0)  
mrimer wrote:
Linux: Don't copy data files before reading DataPath.txt.

Would that be why I have two set of .dat files, respectively in ~/.caravel and drod-jtrh/data? I have noticed that a few days ago, but couldn't figure out why it was so.
04-25-2006 at 08:42 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Could we fix the ticker tape? It still says that The Angry Man isn't over.
04-25-2006 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
coppro wrote:
Could we fix the ticker tape? It still says that The Angry Man isn't over.
And while we're at it - could you make it perhaps a bit more robust?

Recently, when the forum was a bit whack I had a few PHP/MySQL error messages scrolling round my title screen, as that was what got sent. How about sending a checksum with the text, and displaying "We're experiencing some technical difficulties right now. Stay tuned." or something like that instead?

np: Mr. Velcro Fastener - The Flock (Telemacho)

04-25-2006 at 10:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jcobleigh
icon Re: Version 2.0.14 Released (0)  
mrimer wrote:
The DROD:Journey to Rooted Hold and DROD:King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0.14 full installs and patches are available for Windows. Linux and Mac versions should be listed soon.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but as a Mac user, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this patch. I have 2.0.11 for the Mac and haven't seen any patches to let me upgrade to 2.0.12 or 2.0.13.
04-26-2006 at 09:40 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Version 2.0.14 Released (+2)  
jcobleigh wrote:
I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but as a Mac user, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this patch. I have 2.0.11 for the Mac and haven't seen any patches to let me upgrade to 2.0.12 or 2.0.13.

CaravelNet Downloads
Filename Size Description
DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold v2.0.13 (Mac OS X, Binary) 69MB The full version of DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold for Mac OS X--available only to registered JtRH CaravelNet users.
DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold v2.0.14 (Windows, x86 Binary) 53MB The full version of DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold

what are these letters on my internet machine
04-26-2006 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Well, as a full CaravelNet user, you can download the full 2.0.13 Mac install from the drod.net downloads page. It's not as convenient as a patch of course, but it should be just as safe as long as you export your Player file and all of your own holds (if you have any). If you are wary of doing that, though, you probably should keep pushing to have some Mac patches posted.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-26-2006 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jcobleigh
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, as a full CaravelNet user, you can download the full 2.0.13 Mac install from the drod.net downloads page.

I went to http://www.drod.net/, clicked on Downloads, and got to a page http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php) that has the Windows patch to 2.0.14, but doesn't have any Mac files that I can see. Obviously, I'm looking in the wrong place. Where should I be going for this update?

[Last edited by jcobleigh at 11-21-2007 12:35 PM]
04-26-2006 at 11:26 PM
Oneiromancer
That should be the right place...did you scroll down to the very bottom where the full downloads for registered users are? Because you are a fully subscribed CNEt user, right? If you don't see them, we can bug Schik about that too.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-26-2006 at 11:29 PM
jcobleigh
Oneiromancer wrote:
That should be the right place...did you scroll down to the very bottom where the full downloads for registered users are? Because you are a fully subscribed CNEt user, right? If you don't see them, we can bug Schik about that too.

I am a subscribed CNET user and, according to my profile, my subscription will end in 2007. I don't see any full downloads on that page. The last file I see to download is for the "German Language Help Files for DROD 2.0" and then, below that, a link labeled "Holds".

[Last edited by jcobleigh at 11-30-2007 12:52 AM]
04-26-2006 at 11:39 PM
Oneiromancer
Okay, I'll bug Schik about it next time he shows up on IM for me. The files should be between the German help files and the Holds...for some reason the forum recognizes you as a CNet member but the downloads page doesn't.

Game on,

04-27-2006 at 12:02 AM
jcobleigh
Oneiromancer wrote:
Okay, I'll bug Schik about it next time he shows up on IM for me. The files should be between the German help files and the Holds...for some reason the forum recognizes you as a CNet member but the downloads page doesn't.

Thanks. If it helps, I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 as my browser.

[Last edited by jcobleigh at 11-30-2007 12:52 AM]
04-27-2006 at 12:11 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I encountered an identical situation.

As a side note, Legendary Architect? I thought that had been abolished!
04-27-2006 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
jcobleigh wrote:
Thanks. If it helps, I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 as my browser.
I'm using 1.5.0.2...but if coppro doesn't see them either...I wonder if I am only seeing them because I am an admin? I know that they used to be there for all full CNet purchasers...but that was back when it came with JtRH. Now that you can get it separately, the only thing I can think of is that it is hasn't verified that you own JtRH as well as CNet. Again, something for Schik to report on.

Game on,

04-27-2006 at 12:34 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I have JtRH and CaravelNet....CNet bought separately, and, uh, I see 'em just fine.
04-27-2006 at 12:41 AM
Page 4 of 13
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com