Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : March 2006 - A Very Ad-Surd Contest. (The Contest O' The Month.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dali
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 174
IP: Logged
icon Re: March 2006 - A Very Ad-Surd Contest. (0)  
Can we even make AE screenshots our selves?
03-08-2006 at 06:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Yes. All the DROD:AE tiles are public domain, not just existing screenshots of them.

[Last edited by eytanz at 03-08-2006 07:16 PM]
03-08-2006 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
I had to work very hard to keep my advertisement from becoming a novel, but it's in. And pretty decent, too. :)

03-11-2006 at 02:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Got mine in too :D

03-15-2006 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1126
Mine is in.
I decided against graphics, and decided to parody
an ad I saw in a magazine.
Not that I expect to win :)
But I definately tried.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 03-16-2006 09:25 PM]
03-16-2006 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Well, I'm hoping that a lot of people are hard at work on theirs right now as we speak, because we don't have a heckuva lot of entries at the moment. Then again, there is still about five days left, but we need more entries! Remember, they don't have to be the most complicated thing ever. I suspect some people are being a bit over-critical of their idea, simply because it may not be as grandeur as a professional ad. To them, I'll say this: Every entry will be getting 5 points just for participating. Don't let those points go to waste!

03-17-2006 at 05:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
I want to use imagemapping but I can't figure out how to do that on a jpg that I upload to the forum. Any help?

03-20-2006 at 05:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
techant wrote:
I want to use imagemapping but I can't figure out how to do that on a jpg that I upload to the forum. Any help?

you mean bit-mapping?
03-20-2006 at 05:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
I think he means clicking on a part of an image to go to one piece of his brochure, then clicking on a different part of the image to go to a different part. Sort of like an interactive map, with links around different parts of it.

03-20-2006 at 11:00 AM
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
techant wrote:
Oh, the joys of JavaScript. You can probably make a .zip file of a folder containing the webpages and the images and any auxiliary scripts. Then upload the .zip to the forum.

03-20-2006 at 12:25 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that there is less than twenty-one hours left! Get those entries in while you still can, lest your entry be forgot and not included!

03-20-2006 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Chaco wrote:
I think he means clicking on a part of an image to go to one piece of his brochure, then clicking on a different part of the image to go to a different part. Sort of like an interactive map, with links around different parts of it.

You are very close I only had one link that I wanted viewers to be able to click on to go the the download site but with so little time left I have decided to give up on that part of the plan. Thanks for all the help. :D

P.S. He is a she :wave:

03-21-2006 at 07:07 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
It's getting to the point where we gotta start using gender-neutral terms, mates. The adventures of Beethro are for mums and dads and boys and girls of all ages, nowadays.

03-21-2006 at 09:58 AM
Chaco
icon Re: March 2006 - A Very Ad-Surd Contest. (+1)  
Bah, I remembered reading that somewhere but forgot. But "it" doesn't really sound polite, since that's what we (GENDER NEUTRAL) use for objects.

03-21-2006 at 11:28 AM
techant
Chaco wrote:
Bah, I remembered reading that somewhere but forgot. But "it" doesn't really sound polite, since that's what we (GENDER NEUTRAL) use for objects.

Don't worry I was not offened, it was a natural mistake. :fun

I was glad for the help either way. I wish image maps were imbeded in the image but that is the future maybe.

EDIT: I added the text [Another female player] to the bottom of my signature, so repeat after me, "DROD is not just for boys, DROD is not just for boys," one more time.... :lol

[Last edited by techant at 03-21-2006 08:21 PM]
03-21-2006 at 08:08 PM
kie
Rank Points: 221
DROD is not just for boys...

03-21-2006 at 08:47 PM
Chaco
DROD is just not for boys...

03-21-2006 at 09:55 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
There are no women on the internet. :(
03-22-2006 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
DROD is just not for boys... its for the MEN too!
03-22-2006 at 08:57 AM
techant
Anyone have any idea when voting will begin? I always seem to find it days after it starts.

03-22-2006 at 09:04 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Young'uns nowadays! Why, back in my day, we had to wait weeks for the polls to start! And when they did, we didn't have this facy "Contests" board! Why, half of the voting was spent trying to find out where the poll was in the first place!

Hang on for a few minutes - I'm getting them up now.

03-22-2006 at 09:09 PM
techant
?Are they up and I just can't find them? Or is it taking longer then you thought?

03-23-2006 at 05:00 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
They're up.

I didn't send an entry in, but I've had a WIP for a few days, which is about 80% complete now. I didn't think about entering at first, but then decided to do something near the end anyway. I'll probably post it when it's ready just for fun, even though it's clearly late. (Probably not in 2+ more days, because of some other busier things)
03-23-2006 at 05:06 PM
techant
Ok I found it I expected it to be like this thread a lighter color. Oh well, I just was wandering around aimlessly again. :)

Found it by going to todays entries.
Thanks!

03-23-2006 at 05:10 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Advertisement_Doom.PNG (126.2 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: March 2006 - A Very Ad-Surd Contest. (+3)  
I had some spare time today and finished my ad. It was originally going to be HTML-page, but then I decided that it would be better to just take a screenshot of it and save people from getting a chance to laugh at my terribly inefficient code :P
(Note: There's one link at the end, which would point you to this page, if you could access the page. Other than that, it being a picture makes no difference.)

Here goes... Phil's Dungeon! Still one of my favourite holds ever. I would appreciate some comments on this one too (I'm interested in knowing how it would've ranked without being done too late), and maybe contest participation credit for the effort. And as a final word, I changed nothing in the content after seeing the other entries. It was already nearly finished and I just polished it a little.
03-23-2006 at 08:11 PM
Chaco
Lots of more?!? :-O

Heh, great ad Doom. That actually looked like a brochure. :)

03-23-2006 at 08:41 PM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Doom wrote:
Here goes... Phil's Dungeon!

Great ad! I would give it pretty high marks. It's a pity you didn't have time to enter the contest.
03-24-2006 at 10:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Doom wrote:
I had some spare time today and finished my ad.

About all I can complain about is that phil's dungeon likely has 'lots more', not 'lots of more'. :(

Otherwise, sweet.
03-24-2006 at 07:47 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : March 2006 - A Very Ad-Surd Contest. (The Contest O' The Month.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com