Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Fun Park (Amusement Park)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.9/10 (22 votes)
σ 1.91
Author Name:LarryMurk
Submitted By:larrymurk
Hold Name:Fun Park
Theme:Amusement Park
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:16
Number of Monsters:261
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Fun Park.hold (540.9 KB)
Downloaded 2282 times.
License: Other
icon Fun Park  
Enjoy a day at the amusement park with all your favorite rides.

Credits-

Voices: Doug
Testing: michthro, Stefan, and Stigant
12-30-2005 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Fun Park (0)  
*hopes that the voices will be more bearable this time around*

12-30-2005 at 10:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
icon Re: Fun Park (+2)  
Ah, yes. Here's my hold review.

Click here to view the secret text

-Swivel

P.S. I'm sure that our guy in Detroit will enjoy this hold.

[Last edited by Swivel at 12-31-2005 07:07 AM : Arg, me and my tendency to mess up names of major US cities.]
12-30-2005 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
I'd disagree about the backgrounds myself: I find them to be painful on my eyes, and very distracting as well. I guess it's the kind of thing that will vary greatly between delvers, screens, playing conditions, and so on.
12-31-2005 at 10:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Ouch. I disagree a bit about checkpoint placement in 1E. I had to replay large parts of the room many times after counting wrong or doing something else stupid. Of course, the one in the middle is easily accessable from all parts of the room, but... Just watch my demo and you'll understand ;)

About backgrounds, I think that 1N2W is just painful (fortunately that was a very quick room), 1N2E isn't beautiful either but not quite that bad, 3N1E and 1E are almost fine, but still a little distracting and the others are OK to me.

Possibly giving further comments after I have time to complete rest of the hold.

[Last edited by Doom at 12-31-2005 01:29 PM]
12-31-2005 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Fun Park (+1)  
Overall this was another nice larrymurk-quality hold with some fun and unique ideas. I prefer this one to Odd Jobs, because it's less tedious, but still not too easy to play and in-room effects are generally better planned. None of the text boxes blocked the view at any times and none of the sound effects started to annoy me after hearing them fifty times.

I gave this hold a 7 in difficulty. It felt a lot easier than Odd Jobs and Perfection to me. There weren't really any trouble spots in the hold. Most initially hard rooms became a lot easier after you realised to do some things in different order. Not a bad thing at all. Generally, most of the rooms were close to the same difficulty except for 1N2W, which was ridiculously easy.

The other things in my previous post still apply as well.

Hmm... Now why can't one exit the park before trying out all rides? :P

[Last edited by Doom at 01-01-2006 12:39 PM : changed difficulty rating]
01-01-2006 at 08:41 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Good hold, but 3N 1W (:wacko :crazy :shhocking) is definitely the most evil room I've played for some time... :lol

02-02-2006 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Well, it finally happened. This was the first user-made hold I looked at, and at the first room I said: "Oh! This must be a level for people who are GOOD at DROD!" Seriously, that's exactly what I said. Out loud. My Mom can vouch for me. Well, I finished it, so I'm now officially "Good At DROD!" Hurrah for me!

8 with 8 brains.
03-10-2007 at 03:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Finally beat this hold. Another Larry masterpiece. I also tried many of these rooms out when I was first discovering DROD, and quickly gave up.

Well, I still couldn't beat 3N1W without watching Larry's demo, but I am proud that I managed to get most of them without help.

8 fun.
8 brains.

Josh

05-10-2007 at 05:45 PM
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
That hold is Great! Like all Rooms, at part some.

I give it 7 fun and 5 brains. :)

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
05-12-2007 at 06:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
OneMoreNameless
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 131
icon Re: Fun Park (-1)  
An amateurish eyesore with obnoxious repeating audio, tedious solutions, and no redeeming qualities whatsoever. How this was ever rated highly escapes me. :|
12-28-2016 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Fun Park (Amusement Park) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com