Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Hundred Levels of Horror (More reasonable remake of JtRH)
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4710
IP: Logged

File: Rooms for azb.hold (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 2 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Hundred Levels of Horror (0)  
azb wrote:
Awesome suggestions as always, and I would definitely like to read your suggestions for level 79's replacement puzzles.

Here you go. You don't have to use them all, of course. You don't have to use any of them. But now you can if you want to!

I could also have a go at replacements for the blanked-out rooms in Levels 33 and 36 if you like, but I think maybe you want these levels to concentrate on their very specific puzzle type, and it wouldn't be a good idea to add a room that didn't fit with that?

Level 83 2S2W: One can put the mimic by the goal orb, skipping the entire puzzle. Presumably unintended!

Levels 98-100
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Nuntar at 08-03-2024 05:46 PM]
08-03-2024 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
Awesome suggestions as always, and I would definitely like to hear your suggestions for new rooms in levels 33 and 36 as well.

08-03-2024 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Okay,

so now I completed the revisions for levels 98 thru 100 and the Dreamlands, although I intentionally kept level 100 1E easy compared to the other rooms.

I definitely still want to read your suggestions for the levels in section 9, because I can't think of any good ideas myself just like I couldn't for level 79.

08-04-2024 at 10:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level 99 I also intentionally kept easy compared to level 98, because it's just meant to have tons of Slayers for like an "ultimate climax/thrill" kind of effect.

08-04-2024 at 11:04 AM
Nuntar

File: Rooms for azb.hold (2.6 KB)
Downloaded 2 times.
License: Public Domain
Sorry for taking so long with this. Here are my suggestions for the gaps in Levels 33 and 36. For Level 33, I've tried to make the room on the easy side (since it's the first mimic level) but still requiring a bit of thought. The Level 36 room is easy but shows a useful thing to know about mimics and orthosquares.

For Level 78 2S1W, you've copied my room on top of the old one and that has meant the old obstacles are still there, cutting into the tar/mud blobs in unintended ways. You can avoid this by copying and pasting the room while in the main screen of the editor.

09-05-2024 at 08:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Awesome help and feedback as always!

I will definitely use all of your suggestions ASAP.

I think after this I will submit the hold for HA review, as I have taken care of every issue you mentioned in the hold in detail.

09-05-2024 at 09:46 PM
Nuntar
Obstacles in 78 2S1W are fixed but the east tar and mud blobs haven't been put back.

09-05-2024 at 10:25 PM
azb
They are there in general when I checked it, if you meant it's not exactly like how you posted it I am fine with that particular detail because I still want it to be my own creations rather than copy pasting everything given to me mindlessly.

09-05-2024 at 10:33 PM
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Hundred Levels of Horror (More reasonable remake of JtRH)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com