Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Stun Tile (Simply stunning)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Stun Tile (+2)  
Here's a potentially useful terrain feature: The Stun Tile. Analogous to the Hot Tile with a very simple rule: Anything that stays still on the same tile for a whole turn is stunned. Of course, once something (like a hapless delver) is stunned, it can't move, so if it doesn't move it'll continue getting stunned...

Even without any further elaboration this clearly has a lot of puzzle potential associated with it. Stun a roach in place so it's an obstacle for something else? Stun Beethro, then let him get rescued by something else? Keep a brain, guard, Slayer, Stalwart etc. stunned until the room says it's time for them to move again? Sure!

The only further question to answer is whether this would be an ice tile or an electric tile. I haven't decided yet.

12-07-2019 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
icon Re: Stun Tile (0)  
In most video games, ice is used to indicate a slippery surface rather than a surface that freezes you, so I would suggest electric.

Not to mention DROD already has an ice tile which has its own function besides being slippery or freezing, so it would be confusing to the player to have two things that look similar but do different things.

[Last edited by azb at 12-07-2019 02:59 AM]
12-07-2019 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
Keeping with my usual habit of asking for more when probably none will ever be given again, I'd say that a general "stun at" command or "attack tile stun" command for scripting would be great! Allow for this sort of thing to be scripted very simply in addition to a lot more possibilities. Maybe to go along with a nice push at command...?

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 12-07-2019 05:11 AM]
12-07-2019 at 05:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dying Flutchman
Rank Points: 406
I'm supporting this as well.

And perhaps it would need an X-ray effect for all monsters and Beethro when standing on it.

It would be cool and it would also give a clear indication that the stun tile is active when it's obscured by the entity standing on it.

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 12-07-2019 02:25 PM]
12-07-2019 at 11:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
Perhaps as a quick suggestion: when a Brain get stunned, it stops affecting monster behavior. Because when your brain gets fried, well ... you get the point. :)

[Last edited by The Architest at 12-10-2019 04:08 PM]
12-10-2019 at 04:08 PM
Dying Flutchman
Rank Points: 406
The Architest wrote:
Perhaps as a quick suggestion: when a Brain get stunned, it stops affecting monster behavior. Because when your brain gets fried, well ... you get the point. :)

That's exactly what happens now when a brain is stunned when Beethro uses a stick. Stun tile behaviour should have the same effect indeed.

It's basically identical to hit-and-stun, but then I a 'step-on-tile variant'.

12-10-2019 at 04:37 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Stun Tile (Simply stunning)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com