Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Player role wubba time clone dies to sword.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
PigmyWubba
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 151
IP: Logged
icon Player role wubba time clone dies to sword. (+1)  
Time clones and player roles have some pretty unexplored and maybe buggy interactions, for example a wubba time clone will die to swords even though the player won't.

I tested this with a mimics sword I'm not 100% confident in other sword types but I imagine they are probably the same.

Could also die to spike traps and other wubba immune hazards, but I've not tested that either.

09-30-2017 at 06:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Player role wubba time clone dies to sword. (+1)  
Player Role Fegundo timeclone is also vulnerable to swords, and dies to firetraps where the regular one won't. In addition, it's dying to monsters.

Player Role Construct timeclone survives if pushed onto oremites.

Fegundo works properly when pushed over pits or when waiting on a hot tile, though, so the flying property is working. The issue seems to be that special immunities (or vulnerabilities, in the construct's case) aren't carried over to the projections.
09-30-2017 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
icon Re: Player role wubba time clone dies to sword. (0)  
Should a Player Role Fegundo timeclone explode if it attempts to make a move which is blocked? And if so, would that kill the player?

My opinions are yes and no respectively (timeclone playback would be paused until the fegundo was back up).
09-30-2017 at 09:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Someone Else wrote:
Should a Player Role Fegundo timeclone explode if it attempts to make a move which is blocked? And if so, would that kill the player?

I'd say No and N/A respectively, since the regular player role Fegundo just bumps into walls harmlessly when they move into a wall, so for consistency a time clone should copy said bump moves.

09-30-2017 at 10:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
Doing some more testing.

Hot tiles work fine. Tar baby timeclone can wait on hot tiles indefinitely.
Puffs work fine. Golem timeclone can walk right into a puff, no problem.
Spikes do not kill fegundo timeclone. They do kill wubba timeclone.
Pushing a flying player role timeclone into a pit or over water does not kill it.
Pushing a swimming player role timeclone into water does not kill it.
Shallow water movement (and whether it's safe to be pushed into) seems to persist for the timeclone, though changes to shallow water movement during playback (either through scripting or a power token) seem to only affect the main player and not any active timeclones.

So I think the specific issues are:
-Player roles with immunity to weapons/bodykills do not retain their immunity as timeclones.
-Non-flying player roles with immunity to spikes do not retain immunity as timeclones.
-Player roles with immunity to firetraps do not retain immunity as timeclones.
-Construct player role does not die on oremites as a timeclone.
09-30-2017 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
Dragon Fogel wrote:
-Construct player role does not die on oremites as a timeclone.
I guess the 'program' doesn't check for temporary clones in the oremites when 'kill all constructs in oremites' occurs

10-01-2017 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Hyperme has fixed this for wubbas, fegundos and constructs in 5.1.1.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-22-2020 at 05:39 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
I can confirm that in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-09-23 on windows 10 wubba's and their time clones do not die to swords or spikes, and presumably SPR is fixed for fegundos and constructs but I didn't test that. I think this might have actually been fixed in the previous build as well, as I wasn't able to reproduce the bug there when I was creating the test hold.
09-24-2020 at 08:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Player role wubba time clone dies to sword.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com