Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Alphabet Stream and other streams (a thing I'm gonna try and do)
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Re: Alphabet Stream and other streams (0)  
Wednesday (and Tuesday and Thursday) are all increasingly impossible for me to stream in the morning. For right now I'm putting Metroidvania streams on a hold. Maybe I'll just move them to some night of the week and hope for the best?

In Alphabet streams, I'm skipping this week to travel and relax with family (as next Monday is labor day in the US), and then probably will resume normal activity the Saturday after next.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

09-01-2020 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Just a small note that, in light of American DST, I've edited the first post's "local time" for today's stream. From some perspectives, it's an hour later than it was last week, even though from my perspective it's still at 2 PM.

11-07-2020 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Alphabet Stream and other streams (+2)  
Well...this is a little embarrassing.

I don't remember precisely why, but I didn't stream last week (the 19th). I'm pretty sure that I just plain forgot about the concept of doing a stream that day. But I also didn't properly archive the stream from 2 weeks ago on twitch by "highlighting" it, so it's not currently available :?

I'm going to employ the same solution as last time: Re-stream the video of that stream so I can "highlight" that and keep it archived. Not sure exactly when I'll be doing that, but just be aware if you for some reason watch/follow me on twitch that I'll probably be "streaming" just for archival purposes at some point this coming week, so you can safely ignore that particular stream.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 12-26-2020 10:48 PM]
12-26-2020 at 10:48 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Alphabet Stream and other streams (+3)  
Is it possible to find streams for particular holds? There only seems to be a subset of the Alphabet streams viewablenon switch, and they are numbered without the details of which holds are played.

03-03-2021 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Alphabet Stream and other streams (+3)  
All of the streams are definitely viewable, not just a subset. Go here: https://www.twitch.tv/xindaris/videos?filter=highlights&sort=time
It's just that I haven't been organizing them very well for the past...long while, because I haven't had time to do that. But since it's in alphabetical order, it should be possible to find any particular hold I've done. If you're curious about a specific hold, I may be able to figure out which number it's in myself. The last few streams have been doing the war holds, so anything prior to w has been streamed.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 03-04-2021 12:32 AM]
03-04-2021 at 12:31 AM
Xindaris
Uuuuuugh
So uh, early this morning there was a power blip (on and off in the span of a couple seconds), and ever since then the ethernet plugged into my desktop (which I use for streaming) won't work. The wi-fi works--I'm posting this from the laptop using that--but I don't have any external wi-fi adapters on me right now to use for the desktop.

Basically, unless it's fixed within the next few hours, I probably have to call off today's stream. I was able to stream with the laptop once when I had a desk to put it on, but the only desk I have available is taken up by the desktop and there would be some very annoying, loud, constant background noise if I tried to stream from where I'm using the laptop right now.

(EDIT: Also, even with the wi-fi on the laptop I'm getting a weirdly inconsistent connection, which wouldn't be great for streaming either)

Sorry.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 03-13-2021 06:39 PM]
03-13-2021 at 05:13 PM
Xindaris
UPDATE: Internet got fixed within the past 30 minutes or so, so streaming is on. Sorry for the false alarm, now, but there's usually no telling when something will start working again.

03-13-2021 at 07:34 PM
Xindaris
icon Re: Alphabet Stream and other streams (+1)  
I know this probably isn't necessary, but I do want to apologize a bit for yesterday's stream cutting off so early. I got my second shot of Vaccine Friday afternoon, slept poorly Friday night, and the combination of sleep deprivation and malaise just didn't put me in a good state to keep trying to solve puzzles, much less be positive about the holds I was playing.

I'm feeling much better now, so hopefully next Saturday won't be such a disaster.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 04-12-2021 02:13 AM]
04-12-2021 at 02:12 AM
Xindaris
icon Re: Alphabet Stream and other streams (+9)  
SO.

Last week, on April 24, we did Alphabet Stream #165. That might not seem like a particularly meaningful number, but as it turned out, that would be the last and final alphabet stream, as I finally tried out the last few user-made holds I hadn't tried out before. Basically, in terms of what I set out to do with it, the Alphabet Stream is complete.

At the top of the first post of this thread, you will find links to the collections of all the Alphabet Streams I have done. As you might guess, the holds were mostly tried in alphabetical order, with a few hiccups for either something new coming out which I had already passed in the alphabet, or me wanting to try to do certain series in the "correct" order (including the war series). The task of trying to catalogue the hundred-plus of uncatalogued streams for what holds were tried when is too daunting for me to even think about tackling right now, but if you're interested in my first glance at any particular hold, I think it should be possible to track it down just by seeing what I'm doing first in a given stream and seeking forward or backwards a bit until you reach the right one.

I don't really want to quit streaming DROD overall, however. This has been a pretty good time, and I'd like to continue in another form. I have an idea of what I want to do next.

First of all, I have a smitemaster's selection I haven't selected yet. I think I will get Finding the First Truth with it, and play that (with the intent of finishing the hold) on stream. If I do that, it'll be a somewhat different mood from the alphabet streams. Since I want to actually solve all the puzzles instead of giving up and moving on, I'll try to curb my natural impatience while streaming and keep my goals low and realistic. I'll also try to ask for spoilers and hints less, and maybe ask people not to spoil things as well; we'll see.

Secondly, I actually enjoyed doing the brief architecture stream as part of the Rapid Architecture Compilation. I'd like to do some less rushed architecture streams, even though I feel sort of weird about "spoiling" the puzzle ideas for people watching.

To fulfill these two ideas, I'm thinking I might do some kind of alternating streams on future Saturdays at the usual time. Either go back and forth between the two, or do first truth twice, architecture once...something like that.

However, I plan to announce that stuff in a new thread. Since this thread was primarily about the Alphabet Streams, and that project is finished, I think it's better to make a new thread rather than clutter this old one with something only semi-related. And, I'm taking today and next Saturday off from streaming, for various real-life reasons, so this will probably kick off two Saturdays from now (May 15). Stay tuned.

Anyway, if you've watched any of the alphabet streams, or any of the various other streams I've done over the past few years, thank you. I may have seemed frustrated or tired or awfully stupid at times, but really, it has been a lot of fun. It's always been something to look forward to every weekend, for me. I'm looking forward to doing more soon, hopefully.

05-01-2021 at 05:35 PM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Alphabet Stream and other streams (a thing I'm gonna try and do)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com