Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Orthogonal weapon token?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
IP: Logged
icon Orthogonal weapon token? (0)  
Basically, stepping on this token makes your weapon turn 90 degrees per turn instead of 45 degrees, hence orthogonal.

The direction which the weapon can have access to depends on its direction when it's stepped on. If it's stepped facing NW/NE/SW/SE, then it's limited to diagonals. Otherwise, it's limited to N/E/S/W.
08-19-2014 at 06:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lopsidation
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 176
icon Re: Orthogonal weapon token? (+1)  
You can script this pretty easily! Check out Dischorran's "Scripted stuff" hold, in particular the level The W Key Is Too Close To Everything.

08-19-2014 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Orthogonal weapon token? (0)  
lopsidation wrote:
You can script this pretty easily! Check out Dischorran's "Scripted stuff" hold, in particular the level The W Key Is Too Close To Everything.
When I was writing this particular thread I was thinking of turning a whole 90 degrees instead of 2 consecutive 45 degrees, which means the space between two orthogonals can't be hit when turning the sword across them. And I don't quite think that's scriptable...

By the way: I can't find that hold! Sorted according to author and hold name, and both doesn't return such a hold.

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 08-19-2014 06:07 PM]
08-19-2014 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
It's on architecture.

08-19-2014 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kallor
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 277
icon Re: Orthogonal weapon token? (+2)  
When I was writing this particular thread I was thinking of turning a whole 90 degrees instead of 2 consecutive 45 degrees, which means the space between two orthogonals can't be hit when turning the sword across them. And I don't quite think that's scriptable...

It probably is. There is a new command "Attack tile" - "Stab".

EDIT: Actually I don't understand which behavior you think is not scriptable, but they should be both.

[Last edited by Kallor at 08-19-2014 06:35 PM]
08-19-2014 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Interesting idea but won't be implemented. I think an interesting scripting command that would make it possible would be "Prevent Next Player Move" which would convert the next move to "Wait", but whatever the player pressed would be readable by Wait for Input. Would be cool to create a separate thread for this if someone thinks it's worthwile.

[Last edited by skell at 11-23-2020 11:25 PM]
11-23-2020 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
I could see a lot of potential uses for "ignore player's move", or whatever it's to be called, in terms of scripting up "custom control behavior". I can make a thread for it if you want.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-24-2020 12:33 AM]
11-24-2020 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
I thought of a better way to solve this - extension of the "Run label ... on ..." command proposed here where an option would be "before player moves" and then we need one new command - "Override player move" .

11-24-2020 at 09:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
Override Player Move sounds great.

11-25-2020 at 09:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Orthogonal weapon token?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com