Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Toggleable 'puzzle view' (Let's solve every UI frustration at once.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
IP: Logged
icon Re: Toggleable 'puzzle view' (0)  
Ni

07-04-2014 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bwross
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 376
Well, as I said, instead of the busy grid lines, a chequerboard. You just need to overlay a transparent white and black squares over the terrain layer in the problem areas (putting things like monsters over that so they come through clear). The white will fade, the black will shade, and there will be contrast between adjacent cells of the same type creating the board.

And I think drawing tools is getting in the territory of a separate request... but a good one. It would save time to have the ability to scribble notes on the screen in the game instead of taking a screen shot to scribble on the screen with another program.
07-04-2014 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Toggleable 'puzzle view' (+1)  
Currently it is difficult to understand a square that has multiple items on it, e.g. a mirror on a force arrow, or a monster on a token. You can right-click every such square until your wrists hurt...or:

Perhaps F3/puzzle mode could make the objects on the top layer semi-transparent, so you can see what they're sitting on.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 07-06-2014 07:49 AM]
07-06-2014 at 07:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
Add to my list of things I'd like to be switchable: Builder build markers. Once you've seen them, you know where they are, and the pulsing can be annoying...
07-22-2014 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
icon Re: Toggleable 'puzzle view' (+2)  
I like the F3 puzzle mode you introduced in the 5.0 engine, thanks; it's especially useful in areas with heavily imbricated water and land, for spying the diagonal leaps.

I'd like puzzle mode to overlay the monster movement order on the monsters. (I'm taking time out from the Mother of All Roaches level in The Second Sky to post this request.)

10-22-2014 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Toggleable 'puzzle view' (Let's solve every UI frustration at once.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com