Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Two Passes (almost finished architecture)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Zorglub
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 74
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Two Passes (+1)  
It would really be good if there was a way to go through 8N1E once conquered without cutting all the tar. I can't solve 2N1E, so I exited N, then solved up until 9N1E. To go back to 2N1E, I'm able to cross all rooms south. But when I'll have solved 2N1E, when going north again, I won't be able to cross 8N1E without the tar mothers.

09-12-2011 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Yur-Val
Rank Points: 66
icon Re: The Two Passes (0)  
Brain_s, thanks again for the wonderful advice. I considered all but one: can you give me demo with 4N? Because I didn't use tile (23,8).

[Last edited by Yur-Val at 09-13-2011 02:40 PM]
09-13-2011 at 02:39 PM
brian_s
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 587

File: TTP The Two Passes 4N Victory.demo (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
I said (28,3), the pressure plate that the roach has to keep down while you hit the conquer token. I passed over that two different times in my solution.
09-13-2011 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yur-Val

File: TTP The Two Passes 4N Victory 1.demo (998 bytes)
Downloaded 39 times.
License: Public Domain
О_о
09-13-2011 at 04:44 PM
Yur-Val
I need to change this room. For this demo is the only passage (Demo of Brain_s).

[Last edited by Yur-Val at 09-13-2011 04:52 PM]
09-13-2011 at 04:50 PM
brian_s
I don't think 4N needs changing, but its your choice. To me my solution is just as hard as your solution.

I managed to get to the upper exit in Cave 1N, only to find it is not linked to the special level you mention in the ending screen.

Also, can I get a hint on how to get to the secret room in the first level? I spotted the secret wall in 2N already but cannot find a way to reach it.
09-13-2011 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zorglub
I'm having a strange behavior: after solving all the rooms in TP, I go to 11N2E, get teleported to 1N1E, get stuck in the wall. So I restore. If I go back again to the pressure plate, I have the same behavior, normal so far. If I travel back to 11N, and go back to the pressure plate, I won't be teleported any more, but will get a message that the second wubba is dead. however, if I go all the way south, the second wubba is still there.

Other points: If I go back to 1N, I still get the message that the wubba is blocking, even though the wubba's not there.

Considering the "stuck in the wall" issue, how is it possible to reach the Cave level as Brian_s did?

09-14-2011 at 11:40 AM
Yur-Val
Zorglub, I think you should update the architecture. Perhaps you have just an old version.
09-14-2011 at 12:16 PM
Yur-Val
Brian_s, about 4N: well, I guess I should not change this room. Let be two solutions to this passage puzzle. And about the Bonus Level and secret rooms: I have yet to build them.
09-14-2011 at 12:21 PM
brian_s
Okay. I'm sure you'll update the hold when you have the secret rooms and bonus level ready.

Also, I noticed you removed the black door from Two Passes 8N1E. If you still want to enforce removing all the tar you can change the trapdoors leading out of the tar chamber into black doors.
09-14-2011 at 04:34 PM
Yur-Val
I make 8N1E in their own way. I think I've done quite right.
09-14-2011 at 05:34 PM
Zorglub
I still have the same behavior (2nd wubba not disapearing) with the new hold, when I restore from the 11N2E. Should I replay all rooms from the start or could this be something else?

09-14-2011 at 08:45 PM
Vladislav
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 8
normal Hold!

[Last edited by Vladislav at 10-31-2011 07:28 PM]
10-31-2011 at 07:17 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
I downloaded the latest version of the hold, and I think I might have found a backtracking problem.

I found a secret wall in Underground Forest: 2N that lets me go to the secret room 3N. However, once the player has left 1N to go onto this path, the yellow door closes behind him and you can't return to the stairs.

In 3N, I can't figure out how to get to any further rooms. I've gone between 2N and 3N several times, but can't seem to go to any other rooms.

After clearing all the mud in 3N, I noticed there's a secret wall in 3N at (4, 5) which would allow Beethro to destroy all the tar in the room and kill the spiders, but it's inaccessible because of the boulder at (3, 6).

Anyway, since I can't seem to progress from 3N (unless someone tells me what I'm supposed to do in that room), and I can't return through the yellow door in 1N or get back to the earlier part of the level, it seems that going through that secret wall will get the player stuck.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-05-2011 09:30 PM]
12-05-2011 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Two Passes (almost finished architecture)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com