Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Copycat poll (A multiple question poll)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
RankEntryAverageStandard Deviation
1Penwielder100
1Techant100
1Boyblue100
1Rheb100
1Jacob100
1Doom100
1Larrymurk100
Larrymurk
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Jacob
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Doom
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Rheb
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Boyblue
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Penwielder
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Techant
Average Vote 10
Standard Deviation 0

Which room do you think was done the best overall?
Entrance PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
1N PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
1N1W PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
2N1W PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
1N1E PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
2N1E PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
2N PollPollPoll 0 0.00%

Do you think we need a question like this with every poll?
Yes PollPollPoll 1 100.00%
No PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Maybe PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
Total Votes 2 100%
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
IP: Logged
icon Copycat poll (0)  
As usual, please rate yourself a 10. Holds will be judged by whether they met the criteria for building them, and also by how you would judge a regular hold - how fun it was, aesthetics, etc.
Have fun!
02-22-2010 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Copycat poll (0)  
Ehhm... Wow! That was a sort time to play all holds, and rate them. I would sugest making another poll, giving people about a week or so to decide and play everything.
02-22-2010 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
Yeah, we should definitely be given at least five days to play through all the holds.

02-22-2010 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
I totally agree.
As it stands I've completed most of one hold, half of another and the odd room in the rest.

And I was playing as soon as the submissions started. Someone starting to play now would have no chance of completing them all.

I suspect that there are a few rooms/levels I'll not manage to complete in the near future, if ever.
What do people think about posting demos to their own levels to allow others to see how rooms should have been done?

02-22-2010 at 10:44 PM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Wow I will never even get through 1 hold in one day. Hope this is just an error. Oh and speaking of errors...Please make sure you download my fixed hold and use it or you will get stuck in lab room and not be able to progress.

It is just a door alignment issue but I didn't find it until I played all the way through. I was not sure which hold to play through, the copy or original, so I hadn't done it yet. I was waiting for an answer on the original thread, while a new thread was where everyone had moved to. I always forget to check if a new thread has started, thinking something will be said on the original one.

[Last edited by techant at 02-22-2010 11:16 PM]
02-22-2010 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
Wow. I was intending at least a week.

Okay, give me a bit and I'll have another poll up.
02-22-2010 at 11:28 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Glad to hear we'll have more time.

I'm going to play through your fixed hold techant, but I still have no idea what you mean by this:

techant wrote:
I was not sure which hold to play through, the copy or original, so I hadn't done it yet.

Edit: was going to post some demos here, but won't as this thread will likely be out of action soon.

[Last edited by Jacob at 02-22-2010 11:35 PM]
02-22-2010 at 11:32 PM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Jacob wrote:
Glad to hear we'll have more time.

I'm going to play through your fixed hold techant, but I still have no idea what you mean by this:

techant wrote:
I was not sure which hold to play through, the copy or original, so I hadn't done it yet.

Edit: was going to post some demos here, but won't as this thread will likely be out of action soon.

On the original thread I post a request because in the past I have played through a copy of the hold rather than the actual hold. I had done this because in the past I had issues if I had played it through and then changed it. But, I couldn't get the victory demos to upload in the original from a copy. So I asked at the Architecture thread and heard nothing so then on the main thread we were all on, finally did get an answer from larrymurk, who said to play through the original, which I did.

I kept looking for the answer to if the exit had anything special required and the end date, checking the beginning of the thread and the end. I just never thought to look for a new thread until just before I left the house on Sunday. I rushed and posted what I had and then when I got home I played it through. It was then I discovered the door issue exiting the lab. It didn't affect the room just the ability to move on. I had been play testing in the build area one room at a time and missed the alignment issue even with show me errors checked.
:blush

My only real grip is that we when a submission thread is started a posting should be made to the original thread for us dense old folks like me.

02-23-2010 at 04:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Maybe everyone can post their demos in the original contest hold. I have done so.
02-23-2010 at 12:56 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Copycat poll (A multiple question poll)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com