Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : February revival contest - Copycat (Our Contest for Feburary)
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Penwielder
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 628
IP: Logged
icon Re: February revival contest - Copycat (0)  
I'd be willing, but if you'd prefer to leave it to someone who's done such a thing before, that's fine too. The main problem would be that I'm not familiar with how holds are combined, but that can easily be remedied.

Plus, mine has the most US's to be fixed, so unless everyone resubmits for the compilation... well, maybe that would just be a good idea.

Speaking of US's, did anyone do my 1N1W properly (or at least watch the demo)? And larrymurk, I'd like a detail or two on how you did the entrance without the mirrors, if you're around.

Or maybe Chaco should compile it, since we've been nagging him to get involved in this contest. Just a thought.

03-15-2010 at 08:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911

File: CP It Wasnt My Idea The Entrance Victory.demo (842 bytes)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: February revival contest - Copycat (+1)  
Here's the demo w/o using any mirrors penwielder.

I hope someone can compile the entries into a hold. I'd think someoneelse would say if he wants to do it otherwise i'd think you could penwielder.

I hope who ever does compile the holds will give us a chance to submit final versions of our entries.
03-16-2010 at 12:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
I'll do it if no one else wishes too. I think that I'll start putting it together either tonight or tomorrow, so if any of you wishes to fix USs please note which rooms you are changing, and I'll make sure to use the updated rooms. Otherwise, I'll use the rooms you originally submitted.
03-16-2010 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911

File: COPYCAT larrymurk.hold (3.1 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
icon Re: February revival contest - Copycat (+2)  
I edited entr,n1w, and 2n1e.
03-18-2010 at 06:11 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Copycat - Doom v2b.hold (5.4 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
Changes:
2N1E - Fixed positioning of decoy at (36,10). Added one yellow door at (29,29) to prevent mirror-less solution
1N - Changed initial tarstuff from gel to tar. Restricted token access a bit more.

Jacob wrote in the other topic:
1N:
Doom: The intended solution was really good. However, there's another one. (let tarstuff grow once as gel, change to tar and cut some of it, then finish off with tar).
You sure that's how you solved it? I don't see how you can reach the mother when you finish with tar. I also don't see how you can leave tarstuff in the chamber between the black doors with this order.
Ah. You obviously meant finish with mud. Yes, that needs tweaking. Uploaded a fix to this room as well.

[Last edited by Doom at 03-20-2010 05:14 PM]
03-20-2010 at 04:46 PM
Penwielder
Hm. I'm working on mine right now. I don't think larrymurk's solution to the entrance is going to be practical to prevent, but I can easily fix 2N, and adding a conquer token might help 1N1W. I'd also appreciate a demo/description of how 1N was done without using the switchers a second time. Then I should be able to toss in my lot.

03-20-2010 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Doom - that's right, I meant mud, not tar. Can't immediately see a way of preventing this solution, but I'm sure there is one.

Penwielder - I think one way to prevent that is to make the top section (with the green and anti-green doors) only accessible after you've hit the orb (by adding in an extra yellow door at the top). You might have to shift everything down by a tile to do this though.

03-20-2010 at 08:02 PM
Penwielder

File: Copycat - Penwielder.hold (9.8 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
Here's mine. Finally.

-Changes-
Entrance: As suggested (thank you, Jacob).
1N: Added door to prevent wraithwing from reentering tarstuff area.
1N1W: Added conquer token which might help...?
2N: Fixed the obvious force arrow error.
I don't remember editing anything else, offhand.

EDIT: I had taken it as granted until just now that Someone Else fully intended to compile this. Rereading his post, however, and thinking about the time that has passed... was he? I don't know. I'll start it tomorrow, unless told otherwise. I also just noticed that there were seven rooms and seven entries, which could be used to put a creative spin on the hub level.

EDIT II: Work started. Will use modified rooms if noted, otherwise the ones submitted for voting. Your endings will be shown upon return to the hub level, unless you never changed your ending from the default. You're welcome to change this as, as well.

Also, I'll take a quick vote here: public or private beta board?

[Last edited by Penwielder at 03-29-2010 10:17 PM]
03-29-2010 at 12:02 AM
Penwielder
The basic framework (including the hub level) is now finished. The entries were untouched except to link the staircases and add back entrances.

Public beta board? Any opinions there? If no one says anything, I'll do that.

EDIT: Modified rooms have now been replaced where requested. Public beta topic should be up well within 24 hours, unless otherwise requested.

[Last edited by Penwielder at 04-09-2010 08:05 PM]
04-09-2010 at 05:24 PM
Page 4 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : February revival contest - Copycat (Our Contest for Feburary)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com