Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
IP: Logged
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (0)  
Alright, there's getting to be a rather silly number of versions of this hold attached to this thread. To prevent anyone from going bonkers after finding they spent time playing an outdated version... please remove all the out-of-date attachments. The convention in this forum is to keep the current version of the hold attached to the top post.

This hold has gotten much better, but thank goodness for quote reply, so I didn't have to retype all the stuff that didn't get fixed.

hold description: "Dugandy"

The Remira Tunnels:
Click here to view the secret text

Lunacy Chambers:

3,000,000 feet under the ground.: (note: if you leave that period in your level name, it will look really weird in the H&S forum search)

The ascent.: (note: if you leave that period in your level name, it will look really weird in the H&S forum search)

The Chosen One Test

Epilogue:

07-15-2009 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 88
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+1)  
Just a little note for all of my beta-testers, I won't be as active as I have been for the past month for the next 2 weeks or so due to camp. I will be reading comments and updating but not as much as the past week. So don't expect me to be on 24/7 like usual.

EDIT: Updated version on first post.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-17-2009 01:37 AM]
07-16-2009 at 07:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (0)  
Took me a little while to see that there was a new version here, as well as a nicely cleaned up thread. This hold has been getting much better, I'm actually starting to enjoy it. :)

Mostly just little things left to fix. I hope another player can find time to test and opine on this hold soon.

The Remira Tunnels:

Lunacy Chambers:

3,000,000 feet under the ground:

The ascent:

The Chosen One Test

Epilogue:

07-20-2009 at 03:57 AM
Chaosgamer
Well, all that's done.
Look at first post.
I think the hold is ready, if no one post a request within 62 hours (3 days) I suppose I will submit.
07-20-2009 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+1)  
For starters, 3 days is 72 hours.

And what's the point in setting some arbitrary time limit - why not release it when it's done and people are happy with it, rather than after a certain number of hours?

You've not posted an updated file since your post - I downloaded the latest version after seeing CSR's post and the version that's up there now is the same one. It still says "blowed" instead of "blew" and "wreked" instead of "wrecked" in the entrance text, so it doesn't seem like you've made the most recent updates.

I'll have a look through this version anyway.

07-20-2009 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Chaosgamer wrote:
Look at first post.
You forgot to attach it. The hold on the first post is from 4 days ago, the same hold I just commented on.
07-21-2009 at 12:47 AM
Chaosgamer
Forget the time limit, that's "kinda" what I meant, I didn't get any time, I'll do it tommarow.

EDIT: I'm away from my computer right now.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-21-2009 02:26 AM]
07-21-2009 at 02:20 AM
Chaosgamer
Ok now the new version is really attached. On first post.

I was playing with slime today :lol
07-21-2009 at 09:34 PM
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
I have deleted the earlier version and installed the latest version.

Lunacy Chambers Thrice West: Is this room possible? There are 19 roaches to kill as soon as the gate is opened but it always takes 2 moves to kill one roach until the last of the 19. Meanwhile 2 queens move from their places and go to the far side of the room. Thirty roaches are spawned every cycle and I cannot get to the roach queens to lower the amount spawned or get to the potion to get two moves for every one roach move.

I am not the best player. Maybe it is possible. But I have not been able to make any progress on this room.
:weep

"Until it ends, there is no end."

[Last edited by bdwing at 07-23-2009 02:04 AM]
07-22-2009 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
bdwing wrote:

I am not the best player. Maybe it is possible. But I have not been able to make any progress on this room.
:weep

Neither am I, can I see a demo?

07-22-2009 at 02:00 PM
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288

File: EpABca Lunacy Chambers 3W Death.demo (937 bytes)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
Attached is a typical death in this room and in my last post is another death posted.

"Until it ends, there is no end."
07-22-2009 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Hmm.... you enter from the left side. That was not my intended way but does anyone know if it is possible to beat this room from the left side?
07-22-2009 at 03:24 PM
Chaosgamer
I've been trying from the left side but find no solution, I replaced the roaches in the room. Updated version is on first post. I believe you just found a playability issue.
07-22-2009 at 03:28 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
BetaTim says that architects should test from all possible entrances.

07-22-2009 at 03:33 PM
Chaosgamer
zex20913 wrote:
BetaTim says that architects should test from all possible entrances.

That's what I'm starting to do.
07-22-2009 at 07:21 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Regarding the old Lunacy Chambers 3W, there wasn't anything preventing the player from going back through the teleport loop and entering that room from the east. While it is nice, a room doesn't need to be solvable from all possible entrances. It does always need to be possible for the player to reach the correct entrance, though.
07-23-2009 at 05:18 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
The Remira Tunnels - I don't have any more suggestions for this level.

Lunacy Chambers:

3,000,000 feet under the ground:

The ascent:

The Chosen One Test

Epilogue - I don't have any more suggestions for this level.
07-23-2009 at 07:37 AM
Chaosgamer
Ok fixed all of that.

Updated version on first post.
07-23-2009 at 09:11 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+4)  
Alright, this one's getting close. I'd be interested to see what other players think of the final level, The Chosen One Test, which, with its custom monster, is a little more risky than the others. Blue skimmies and blue floor? Well, it is a test...

The Remira Tunnels - I don't have any more suggestions for this level.

Lunacy Chambers:

3,000,000 feet under the ground - I don't have any more suggestions for this level.

The ascent - Looks like everything now works the way you want. I don't have any more suggestions for this level.

The Chosen One Test:

Epilogue - I don't have any more suggestions for this level.
07-24-2009 at 06:36 AM
Chaosgamer
Wow thanks CSR! For helping me so much I'll give you a few mod points! I would give you more but I'm running out. I'll work on that right away. :D
07-24-2009 at 01:10 PM
Chaosgamer
Ok, done and done. Update on first post.
07-24-2009 at 01:24 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Playing some random bits:
The Ascent (don't you want a capital "A" here?)

Chosen one test:

Epilogue: Level text - "outside". "I'm gonna warn/I've gotta warn" ("I'm gotta" doesn't make sense.)
Hold Ending Text - don't you mean "If you haven't played the first hold, you won't know who he (the slayer) is".

07-24-2009 at 01:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
New version is up.

The chosen one test - 1N 1E: Why? I don't think it need checkpoints but I put them there anyways.

Once again it's on the first post.

EDIT: Why you ask that the skimmies are hard to see? I could have removed all the image floor but I didn't. The point in making them invisible or hard to see is to make things harder, or difficult, or just to annoy you.

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-25-2009 01:42 PM]
07-24-2009 at 10:37 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
The version on the top post has Lunacy Chambers 3W fixed and The Chosen One Test 1N2E and 3E swapped, as I suggested. Thanks! :)

But it doesn't include any of Jacob's most recent suggestions. Did you attach the wrong file by mistake?
07-26-2009 at 02:52 AM
Chaosgamer
As far an I can remember, I did update the hold but I think I forgot to export and attached an old file. It's getting late so I'll do it tommarrow. ※

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 07-26-2009 01:37 PM]
07-26-2009 at 03:36 AM
Chaosgamer
Ok, put the new version on the first post like always.
07-26-2009 at 03:38 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
That version does have the changes Jacob suggested in it. :)
I can't say the skimmies are much more visible in The Chosen One Test 1S1E though.

Jacob, I don't think we're supposed to understand the stuff about the Terra Vista and the Speed Potion Factory ... yet. This hold is meant to be second in a series of five holds, and it looks like the Speed Potion Factory is in the next one. Chaos added something about that in the hold ending text.

Which reminds me... I never helped with the spelling on the hold ending text. I'm sorry, Chaos.

07-27-2009 at 02:54 AM
Chaosgamer
I'll fx the spelling errors tommarow. For now, if you really must know about the speed potion factory and the terra vista look at my signature.
l
l
l
l
V
07-27-2009 at 03:44 AM
Chaosgamer
icon Re: My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again (+2)  
Ok, ending fixed. Now if every body if happy, I'll submit my hold.
07-27-2009 at 10:24 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Eh... close enough. :)

You still have "series", "friend", and "colossal" misspelled in the end text, but I think you could fix that and submit at the same time.

That's a whole lot of orb banging you've added in Remira Tunnels : The Entrance. Is that, by any chance, a metaphor for the beta testing process? ;)
07-28-2009 at 10:18 PM
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : My hold, And Beethro comes along is up for beta testing....... Again
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com