Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia Terce (Prepare for madness...)
<<2345
Page 6 of 9
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia Terce (0)  
Well, mostly as a form of self-defense, I'm pretty much left with voting for Someone Else, given that Mafia sometimes (although not always) vote for people during the day.

The list of people who started votes were: me on day 1 (for hyperme, Snacko and for zwetschenwasser), lopsidation on day 2 (for The Stew Boy) and now Someone Else for me on Day 3.

Anyhow, I'm mostly doing this to give two possible bandwagons to jump onto as an alternative to having no incentive for anyone to not just assist Someone Else's attempt to lynch me off. I've got to look out for myself.

Vote: Someone Else

stigant wrote:
I think TripleM is mafia. He's trying hard to sell himself as a townie, but I'm not sure I buy it. So I'm planning to vote for him. Again, not right away, just saying where I'm leaning.

TripleM's participated as a vote in both of the lynchings, but so have I, Dex Stewart, Someone Else, and you, stigant (if you had gone through with your vote).

Essentially you're saying he's a Mafia because you suspect he's a Mafia. Which is OK logic given the lack of evidence or patternry we can really work with at this point, but I'd recommend you either vote for him or quit casting so much suspicion on him. (For the record, I'm leaning towards voting for him, but I think Someone Else is a more important vote target right now.)

I now apologize for the length of this post.

02-11-2009 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Chaco seems the better choice since he already has a vote...but stigant, you are the first to really point an accusatory finger at anyone.
Well:
1. You concur that TripleM and Chaco are suspicious.
2. My accusation against TripleM is based largely on his post in which he says "As a townie..." That sounds suspicious to me, and given that voted for hyperme before hyperme gave up the ghost, that also looks suspicious to me.
3. I gave hyperme the opportunity to defend himself (he did not) rather than jumping on that band wagon. I'm also giving TripleM the chance to defend himself before I vote for him.
But if none that of that really starts to...gel...with you, I'm not sure what else I...ought to...say.

02-11-2009 at 02:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
hyperme did not have anything to defend himself against; he was voted out due to inactivity.

Let me be more clear: Now that we're singling out people and really looking into posts, we need to be able to understand everyone's motives. The mafia just have to kill whoever has a strategy - something easy to figure out (currently, you or me). But to find mafia, we have to look underneath the words. That puts us at a disadvantage. We have to effectively kill the Mafia ASAP because we will lose the strongest players soon.

I invite everyone to try to prove their innocence at this stage. It's information we need.

I like to play games methodically. This is my method, and it has worked before once. If you have your own, that's fine. But I feel that we must play perfectly if we want to win. The best strategy would be one that makes us 100% certain of our choice. If anybody has another good strategy, feel free to try it, because it looks like mine isn't working.

02-11-2009 at 03:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Wow. Stigant is right, what I said really does look suspicious :? When I first wrote it, it looked a bit suspicious just saying "I'm happy the doctor is dead", so I altered it. I guess I should have just stayed quiet either way..

As for my defence against voting for hyperme early, if you look back at the other Survivor games we've played here, it will show that I was definitely in the mindset of "ah, I can't figure anything out, let's hurry up and get someone lynched", regardless of whether I was Mafia that game or not. If we can lynch someone else, that means more gametime for me :)

It's about time to stop that though, as we're getting to the really interesting part. It appears there are still several night actions (z said 'waiting on one more', which sounds like at least three to me). One will be a mafia vote, one will be an anonymous vote, and we still have a cop left.

I have a feeling the Mafia are among the most active people at the moment. I can't see Kwakstur being mafia after what happened to him, so:
FoS: Chaco
FoS: stigant

02-11-2009 at 04:24 AM
TripleM
TripleM wrote:
the other Survivor games we've played here

*mafia
02-11-2009 at 04:24 AM
TripleM
I'm about to go to bed, and I don't want to wake up to find myself lynched.

Though I'm sure one of Chaco or stigant is mafia, that would still leave one (unless it's both of them, but I doubt that). To give myself some protection I'm just going to vote for the majority, but will retract my vote tomorrow morning.

Vote: Someone Else
02-11-2009 at 09:20 AM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
Ability "Mafia Execution" has been activated, and has resolved on target "Someone Else".

The discussion seemed as though it would never end. The Mafia were playing into the feelings and emotions of the poor town, but it appeared they had a trump card. In the middle of this squabbling, Someone Else cried out in pain. The discussion stopped, and all looked to see his body, strewn on the ground, with his head dismembered. "I need to tell you that the Mafia are..." he said, before dying.

This ability has not ended the day. It is Day 3B. The votecount has been reset to the Zeroth vote count status, minus the presence of Someone Else.

Someone Else, Chocolate Townie, Executed Day 3.

02-11-2009 at 11:46 AM
zwetschenwasser
Stigant(0)
Chaco(0)
Dex Stewart(1)
TripleM(0)
Snacko(0)
Kwakstur(0)

With 6 alive, (4) votes to lynch.

02-11-2009 at 11:48 AM
stigant
Ok, I'm less suspicious of TripleM now (not because of what he said, but because of the assasination of SomeoneElse). I'm going to switch over to Chaco. The cop ought to say something today since if we kill a townie today, the mafia will win tonight. Unless the cops were the chocolate townies...

Strong FoS: Chaco

02-11-2009 at 03:04 PM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Just FYI: I hid behind lopsidation these both nights. It should be noted however that, according to Z's PM to me, lopsidation died before I could hide behind him.

02-11-2009 at 04:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Wait, what?!? Someone Else assassinated!?

Well, that's just horrible. Points the blame straight at me, since I started the Someone Else assassination.

I've heard of a Mafia ability called "Mafia Execution" before. Typically it's a one-use ability that kills a person during the day if they get half the votes required in order to lynch them (in this case, 2 out of 4 votes). Clearly this is just what happened here, straight after TripleM made the second vote for Someone Else... doesn't that look more suspicious than me?

Strong FoS: TripleM

I can only assume, like a proper paranoiac, that the Mafia are out to get me. Right now, too.

FoS: Stigant

I'm more likely to vote for TripleM than stigant right now, but I'm going to wait and see what new arguments spring up before I do anything I'll regret.

02-11-2009 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
All I have to say is that I'm not afraid of the dark.
I'm afraid of the ninjas that hide in the dark.
Especially now that I'm dead.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 02-12-2009 03:36 AM]
02-12-2009 at 03:35 AM
Kwakstur
Stigant (appears very helpful)
Chaco (appears very suspicious)
Dex Stewart (is the hider, we think)
TripleM (appears innocent now)
Snacko (inactive at the moment)
Kwakstur (me)

Hmm, the players are few now.

Reading Dex's post, the hider now appears to be the cause of the extra vote, and it appears that his decision on who to hide behind each day is made on the night before he hides.

As for Chaco... I was already suspicious of him since he knew how I was frightened Night 1. But now I say this with near-100% certainty: Chaco is bad news.

Vote: Chaco

02-12-2009 at 05:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
stigant wrote:
The cop ought to say something today since if we kill a townie today, the mafia will win tonight.
He has.

And he lost his ability to investigate very early in the game.

02-12-2009 at 05:34 AM
TripleM
Hmm. Very interesting. So you are claiming to be the cop? Who was only allowed to investigate until targetted by the mafia? Did you have time to investigate anyone at the start?

Chaco wrote:
I've heard of a Mafia ability called "Mafia Execution" before.

Well, I haven't. After you said that, I've been googling to see if that has ever come up in a game of mafia before. And I've yet to find anything. Perhaps I'm googling for the wrong things, but are you able to explain where you had heard of this before?
02-12-2009 at 05:59 AM
Kwakstur
I'm not claiming to be anyone.

But Snacko is innocent.

02-12-2009 at 07:01 AM
Chaco
Kwakstur wrote:
As for Chaco... I was already suspicious of him since he knew how I was frightened Night 1.

Why do you think that inherently makes me a Mafia member?

02-12-2009 at 11:52 AM
stigant
I agree with Kwakstur
I may be wrong, but I never said I was any good at this game.

02-12-2009 at 05:10 PM
Chaco
TripleM wrote:
Well, I haven't. After you said that, I've been googling to see if that has ever come up in a game of mafia before. And I've yet to find anything. Perhaps I'm googling for the wrong things, but are you able to explain where you had heard of this before?

Sorry, I don't have any transcripts of any past Mafia games I've played with this feature in it because I can't see into the future.

As for the rest of you, I really think you're making a mistake voting me out. I'm the Mint Townie.

02-12-2009 at 07:34 PM
stigant
Sorry, I don't have any transcripts of any past Mafia games I've played with this feature in it because I can't see into the future.
This line confuses me. I'm just going to ignore it.

As for the rest of you, I really think you're making a mistake voting me out. I'm the Mint Townie.
That's an Arch Stanton bluff.

02-12-2009 at 09:45 PM
zwetschenwasser
Votecount coming once I get access to my notes at home.

02-12-2009 at 10:39 PM
TripleM
I think Chaco has to go.

02-13-2009 at 09:52 AM
zwetschenwasser
Stigant(0)
Chaco(3)-Kwakstur, Stigant, TripleM
Dex Stewart(1)
TripleM(0)
Snacko(0)
Kwakstur(0)

With 6 alive, (4) votes to lynch.

02-13-2009 at 02:18 PM
Dex Stewart
Sorry Chaco, I vote for you, on account of you not being me (and also because you're most suspicious).

02-13-2009 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
So it is twilight again.

Heh, with only the executioner left in the mafia, I can almost taste success.

This will most likely be another long night, and rightfully so. This is a time to planalyze. (I made that word up myself. You like?)

02-14-2009 at 03:25 AM
zwetschenwasser
icon Re: Mafia Terce (-1)  
The air of suspicion around chaco was too much for the citizens of the town to bear. At the end, the four of you grabbed him, and threw a noose around his neck. He fell to the floor lifeless, and you realize that he was a Mafia goon. Wait! He's not just any Mafia goon, he's a traitor Mafia goon. He was trying to help the town all along! In desperation, a medicine man invoked black magic and raised him from the dead, with a heartfelt apology. It is still day, and the votecount has been reset to the zeroth.

02-14-2009 at 01:41 PM
Dex Stewart
zwetschenwasser wrote:
The air of suspicion around chaco was too much for the citizens of the town to bear. At the end, the four of you grabbed him, and threw a noose around his neck. He fell to the floor lifeless, and you realize that he was a Mafia goon. Wait! He's not just any Mafia goon, he's a traitor Mafia goon. He was trying to help the town all along! In desperation, a medicine man invoked black magic and raised him from the dead, with a heartfelt apology. It is still day, and the votecount has been reset to the zeroth.

Oh, come on! How many more weird and totally random occurences are there in this game?

Anyway, getting lynched and then resurrected with black magic still sounds suspicious to me so

And I'm also now announcing that after this is over I'll attempt to start another Mafia game, with normal rules and no hidden things that can happen. The weirdest character you'll see there is Cupid (just 'cause I like him).

[Last edited by Dex Stewart at 02-14-2009 01:50 PM]
02-14-2009 at 01:49 PM
zwetschenwasser
It's not totally random. Ask chaco! :)

02-14-2009 at 02:11 PM
Dex Stewart
You saying that implies that Chaco had this power to save someone (or only himself) from being lynched once in the game. Still sounds suspicious.
02-14-2009 at 02:20 PM
Dex Stewart
Also, he lied by saying he was the Mint Townie. It might have been bad to give away his identity considering the mafia were listening as well, but it still seems to me that he would have defended himself by tellinf the truth IF he were a Mafia traitor.
02-14-2009 at 02:23 PM
<<2345
Page 6 of 9
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia Terce (Prepare for madness...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com