Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia Terce (Prepare for madness...)
Page 4 of 9
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia Terce (0)  
Snacko wrote: I vote that a clear, concise rule sheet be posted.

All in favor?
What do we not have in the rules on the first page, Snack?

02-04-2009 at 02:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
Okay, so if lynching doesn't end the day, it's all going to be luck and we'll just pick random people to die. Because I don't have any suspicions right now, I'll
Unvote: Stigant
02-04-2009 at 03:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
icon Re: Mafia Terce (-1)  
Only my lynch doesn't end the day. Everyone else's does end the day.

02-04-2009 at 03:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
lopsidation wrote:
No, Z's Sweet Obliv. makes the lynch not end the day. I think.

No now our mod lynch does not use up the day. Yay, I guess?

By the way: I hope this cures Kwak's short word rule.

Are we toassume that you have to follow the same rule? 'Cause that's definitely how it looks like.
02-04-2009 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
I thought he just did that to see if it would fix me. I mean, look at what we had to do to free Zed. And we did that just by luck.

I don't mind the eff, but I can tell you this is no job for one guy. This will have to fix its self, so to speak.

02-04-2009 at 07:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I don't mind the eff, but I can tell you this is no job for one guy. This will have to fix its self, so to speak.
Sounds like a medical condition, maybe? Perhaps a little shock treatment? Not that I'm offering, mind you, just making small talk to get other people's juices going.

02-04-2009 at 01:46 PM
lopsidation
Rank Points: 176
Kwakstur wrote:I thought he just did that to see if it would fix me.

Yeah. Shame it didn't work.
Anyway, The Stew Boy's posted twice during the entire game, and both of his posts were just votes. I'm going to hesitantly Vote: The Stew Boy for non-helpfulness.

02-04-2009 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
And his first vote was totally out of the blue. Either he doesn't really want to play, or he's suspicious. So Vote: The Stew Boy
02-04-2009 at 06:50 PM
stigant
Alright, I don't see anything more compelling than that argument

Vote: The Stew Boy

02-04-2009 at 07:24 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Me neither.

02-04-2009 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
I just want to get to night one so we have some clue whats going on.. and its taking such a long time.

02-04-2009 at 08:19 PM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
Dex Stewart wrote:
And his first vote was totally out of the blue. Either he doesn't really want to play, or he's suspicious.
I voted randomly. Isn't that what you're supposed to do on the first round, when you don't know anything yet? And of course I really want to play, otherwise I wouldn'tve signed up.
02-04-2009 at 08:24 PM
lopsidation
The Stew Boy wrote:
I voted randomly. Isn't that what you're supposed to do on the first round, when you don't know anything yet? And of course I really want to play, otherwise I wouldn'tve signed up.

Voting randomly is a fine strategy to put people under pressure on Day 1. I didn't vote you because of that, I did it because your random vote was the entire post. There was no reason, no explanation, not even a "Hi!". The same goes for your second post- it was just a vote, nothing else.

It's a shame that you already got a majority (5 votes out of 9, right?) before you could properly explain your posts.

02-04-2009 at 09:12 PM
Kwakstur
stigant wrote:
Sounds like a medical condition, maybe? Perhaps a little shock treatment? Not that I'm offering, mind you, just making small talk to get other people's juices going.
There is a reas I know that the doc is not sane.

A lynch is still just a lynch for me. But most things do odd stuff to me. If the doc goes mad on me, he will not kill me, but I will lose most of my skills; then I'll just be a reg town guy who still can't say big words.

Just like how I can take a hit for the hide, the hide can take a hit for me (I would not have known this were it not for Zed's choice to tease me with a PM once he saw me make the sugg Dex could hide in me).

But there is one man I fear the worst (and we all should). I won't say who, or why. He will lose his chance to do it quite soon, which is when I will get my speech back.

I wish I kept my voice down, but you know I can't do that. I make long posts in each thread I read. That's how I roll.

02-04-2009 at 09:17 PM
zwetschenwasser
Lynch occurs at six votes. I don't exist, remember?

02-04-2009 at 11:16 PM
Kwakstur
Well, then, to end the day...

02-04-2009 at 11:43 PM
zwetschenwasser
Kwakstur touches the back of his stool at the saloon with his ivory cane discreetly, and notices that the bartender has taken his signal. Several other members of the town turn to look at the boy, eating stew contentedly at his table in the middle of the bar. You all nod to each other. Chaco rises up behind him, holding a Punjab lasso being supported by the firm hands of Dex Stewart. Hyperme and lopsidation watch silently as TripleM, Someone Else, and Stigant give Snacko the signal to nod at Chaco. The Stew Boy notices what is happening. No! Please! I can help you! He cries in fear. It is too late for that, scum! The pub resonates. Dead silence accompanies the quiet, calm snapping of the boy's neck, and as he falls on the floor, you notice something rolling out of his pocket... A caduceus.

You have lynched Stew Boy, the Insane Doctor.

It is now Night 1. Please do not post in this thread until I publicly declare that all actions have resolved and post the first vote count of the day. All players with night actions please PM them to me.

Note: Alignment in death scenes will be determined by color. Blue means pro-town, while Red means anti-town.

02-05-2009 at 12:32 AM
zwetschenwasser
I am waiting on PM's from my hider and my two millers (aka chocolate townies). I will give them 24 hours to PM me their night choices before I begin Day 2.

02-06-2009 at 12:09 AM
zwetschenwasser
A cold wind enters the houses of all the houses of your fair town, stinging and bringing to life all you who laid down to rest at night. A thought immediately frightens you, "Who did the evil Mafia decide to kill last night?" All of the town gather together in the square, and begin discussing vehemently over who is missing, yet nothing productive seems to arise from the gabbing. Finally, you realize the happy truth. No one died last night.

Night 1: None dead

It is now Day 2. Opening Day 2 Votecount coming shortly.

02-07-2009 at 12:12 AM
zwetschenwasser
icon Re: Mafia Terce (-1)  
The Zeroth Vote Count (AKA the No, it's not Zwetschenwasser screwing with your minds Vote Count)

Stigant(0)
Someone Else(0)
hyperme(0)
Chaco(0)
Dex Stewart(0)
TripleM(0)
lopsidation(1)
Snacko(0)
Kwakstur(0)

With 9 alive, (5) votes to lynch.

02-07-2009 at 12:13 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Hm. So the insane doctor was lynched, yet the Mafia kill was blocked. This can't have anything to do with the hider (since if a hider hides the other person gets killed), so it appears that theres another blocking ability somewhere..
02-07-2009 at 12:19 AM
Kwakstur
Man, lopsidation is unlucky, huh?

Yeah, I just used this opportunity to tell you my nerves have passed! Yay!

02-07-2009 at 12:23 AM
stigant
Well I don't have much to go on... has anybody got a theory that's starting to gel? The votes for Stew Boy were in order:

Lopsidation
Dex Stewart
Stigant
Chaco
TripleM
Kwakstur

I expect, though that most of those were either random or just jumping on the wagon to get the day done.

What is the role of the millers? According to my searches, a miller is a townsperson who assesses as guilty, but I can't seem to find any nighttime roles for them.

Kwakstur seems to be speaking normally... can you give us any more hints about what triggered your... cure? It has something to do with someone losing an opportunity to use a power.

02-07-2009 at 12:56 AM
lopsidation
Another random vote? Gosh.

Oh well, nobody was killed last night, so hooray! I wonder why... it could be a blocking ability like TripleM said, but I doubt that since there was already an (admittedly insane) doctor. Maybe there's a townie with one-time protection from Mafia kills?

02-07-2009 at 01:06 AM
lopsidation
Stigant: About my vote for The Stew Boy, I certainly didn't expect him to be lynched... I just voted him as a little push to get him to post more content.

And for the millers... I don't know, I guess they're night voters? Someone has to have random voted me, and it sure can't be Z again.

02-07-2009 at 01:12 AM
zwetschenwasser
I am no longer a player in this game. The lopsidation vote is genuine, and guaranteed to be a username on the sign-up playerlist.

02-07-2009 at 01:21 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Kwakstur wrote:
Man, lopsidation is unlucky, huh?

Yeah, I just used this opportunity to tell you my nerves have passed! Yay!

Huh. Maybe it's like the hiccups? Did you get scared last night?

02-07-2009 at 02:39 AM
Kwakstur
Quite so!

I may now explain: I received my protection against the mafia last night. My little show of attention made the mafia go after me, but they couldn't find me.
I just protected us all from a mafia strike last night, and got me back my speech, too. Who's laughing now?

02-07-2009 at 03:14 AM
zwetschenwasser
Don't be shy folks! Day 2 won't bite! :)

02-08-2009 at 12:14 AM
Kwakstur
Really? Nobody else?

Okay then, I'll start us off. The least recently active posters appear to be hyperme and Snacko. Of these, Snacko posted before he confirmed his role PM. I believe that Snacko must then just be a generic Townie, because he probably would have least replied had he any special role.

I see nothing better to do, so
Vote: hyperme

02-08-2009 at 01:57 AM
Page 4 of 9
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia Terce (Prepare for madness...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com