Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : RePuZla (This is easy hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

3.4/10 (24 votes)
σ 1.55
Author Name:ZiomASek
Submitted By:ZiomASek
Hold Name:RePuZla
Theme:This is easy hold
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:21
Number of Monsters:220
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: RePuZla.hold (4.7 KB)
Downloaded 996 times.
License: Other
icon RePuZla  
RePuZla is a hold where you dont have to think alot.
its just for fun!
3 levels inside this hold.

11-16-2008 at 05:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: RePuZla (+1)  
Here is an example of a hold that was submitted to HA just 18 minutes after it was posted in Architecture. The architect did not wait for any comments or feedback before rushing to push the submit button. The lack of time spent polishing this hold shows.

On the first level, Sign of Choras : 1N is a nice puzzle. Good job, ZiomASek, let's see more puzzles like this. :)

The rest of the rooms in the hold don't really have puzzles in them. On the first two levels, you just walk into the rooms, kill a few monsters, and leave. This not interesting for Rabbits. Some people will enjoy playing these for some quick and easy highscores. :|

On the third level, there are no monsters, just large empty rooms where you run around a few randomly placed slayers. These rooms will quickly be 1-moved off the highscores list, there is no story explaining why the slayers are there. I'm sorry to be rude, but the third level is utterly pointless. No thanks. :(

The detail-oriented player will notice that some of the rooms are not backtrackable. This is not an issue, since there are no blue doors in the hold. ZiomASek needs to mark Sign of Choras : The Entrance nonscorable.
11-16-2008 at 05:33 AM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
icon Re: RePuZla (0)  
Hey, I actually did post feedback on it in Architecture, and an HA was the one who advised Z to not change anything. Z's Astrale is much better, though! :)

11-16-2008 at 01:57 PM
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
2 Brains
2 Overall

It just seemed to me like the whole thing was *really* rushed. The majority of the rooms had no puzzle at all - just a few monsters here and there. If there was a story, I didn't get it. And the third level... might as well not have been there; the slayers posed no concern whatsoever - I just ran straight through them.

And you should always wait for feedback and respond with necessary changes in Architecture before sending your holds off to the Hold Admins.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how it is.
11-16-2008 at 02:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: RePuZla (+2)  
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Hey, I actually did post feedback on it in Architecture, and an HA was the one who advised Z to not change anything.
I think you got some things mixed up. I said that, as an HA, any changes needs to be approved by HAs.
From the HA thread:
By offering your hold for promotion, you are saying that as far as you are concerned, you are done with it. From the moment you press that promote button, every change you make to the hold has to be approved by the hold admins.
Also from the same thread:
The HAs are not a quality checking bridgade. It is not our mandate to ensure that holds are enjoyable.
On the other hand, I personally liked the hold. It's easy and okayish. This hold is finishable for beginners, and it doesn't have terrible english or stupid scripting. I've seen many requests before from people who wanted to play some really easy holds and couldn't find any. This hold is a good addition to that kind of holds.

I agree that it is very boring if you are an experienced player, or if you only like holds with a story.
For beginners however, I think it's okay.
I also believe that it isn't rushed; I don't think any changes made to this hold will make it better.

Difficulty 2 Fun 5

11-16-2008 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Tim wrote:
...and it doesn't have terrible english or stupid scripting.
Well, because it doesn't have any English. That's not much of an endorsement.

I would've liked this more, I think, if that third level, the "just walk through the room" level, weren't there. That did make it look unfinished, as if there was supposed to be something there but wasn't.
11-19-2008 at 07:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
In which some dude makes a hold that isn't Larrymurk hard and everyone cries because their precious five minutes were wasted.

I applaud some guy making a fairly easy hold even if it has some wandering around in it.
11-19-2008 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
I'm not crying*...

...it's just not particularly good. I think the main point being made here is that he could've done a better job had he listened to constructive criticism.

*(well not about anything DROD-related anyway).

11-19-2008 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
I believe if you complete Sign of Choras:1N and exit east, you will not be able to pass through it to the west making the hold unsolvable without restoring.

This looks like a hold for my nephew to check out.
11-20-2008 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Banjooie wrote:
In which some dude makes a hold that isn't Larrymurk hard and everyone cries because their precious five minutes were wasted.
Oh, please. Elfstone's holds aren't Larrymurk-hard, either. In creative endeavors, things can vary across any number of dimensions (aesthetic vs. practical, verbal vs. visual, accessible vs. high-concept, what have you) and still be good. What they can't be, and still be good, is boring. And there's no doubt in my mind that the third level of this hold is simply boring.
11-22-2008 at 06:03 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Okay, so basically you're full of rage if holds aren't either works of art or larrymurk-hard.

Check.
11-27-2008 at 05:30 AM
neveragain
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
2 Brains
6 Overall

I think the architect did a good job and doesn't deserve as harsh criticism as he got. The first and second levels were great (other than the secret room, which was horrible). The third level was a waste (felt like the architect rushed it), and if it hadn't been there, would have probally got an 8 overall instead of a 6.

Still, this is a good attempt at a hold, and the architect has lots of potential for his next hold.

07-09-2009 at 03:54 PM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: RePuZla (+1)  
I think CuriousShyRabbit nailed the review for me. I just want to add that I was enjoying the first level and parts of the second but the third seemed rather pointless and really easy (I just raced through). Maybe the author was getting tired and rushed the end? Regardless, more puzzles like the first few would be good. Thanks for a pleasant afternoon.

06-10-2011 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : RePuZla (This is easy hold) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com