Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Below Witherwood : Mines : 2 North, 3 West (Help me!)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 231
IP: Logged
icon Below Witherwood : Mines : 2 North, 3 West (0)  
How to get this room through?? I can't kill eye and snake on 2nd section!
Please answer.

[Last edited by Vike91 at 10-16-2007 03:08 PM]
10-16-2007 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 231
icon Re: Below Witherwood : Mines : 2 North, 3 West (0)  
Still waiting the reply...

10-16-2007 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Below Witherwood : Mines : 2 North, 3 West (+1)  
Vike91 wrote:
Still waiting the reply...

You might want to be a little more patient, then. The hold has been out for barely twelve hours, and the rooms are marked such that they can only be viewed by someone who has visited them. Expecting less than two hours turnaround in that context is probably overly optimistic.

If nobody has answered you by the time I get home tonight, I'll pull it up and take a look. (That's at least eight hours away, though...)

Josh

10-16-2007 at 03:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Have you played TCB and do you know how speed potions work?
Click here to view the secret text

10-16-2007 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Judi
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Hi, me back again, I need a bit of help with this room, I can kill everything other than the snakes in rooms 1 & 2, plus have the waithring??? still alive to kill once I go up to the top corridor. I am guessing, possibly incorrectly, that I need the wubba to kill these two snakes but just can't get it into the appropriate rooms to do the job. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks very much. OK, just tried to insert the room picture and it doesn't come up so the rooms I am talking about are on the bottom row of rooms, 2nd and 3rd from the left.

Judi

11-18-2007 at 09:21 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
The snake third from the left on the bottom row is killed by...

The snake second from the left on the bottom row is killed by...

11-18-2007 at 01:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Judi
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Thanks Chaco, got it that time, was forgetting the adder could traverse the arrows.

Judi
11-19-2007 at 01:27 AM
imageq
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I also can't clear second section. Any time I'm trying to trap snake with an eye - I'm killing eye before snake. May be demo?

TIA
02-04-2008 at 06:01 PM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
imageq wrote:
I also can't clear second section. Any time I'm trying to trap snake with an eye - I'm killing eye before snake. May be demo?

TIA
It involves manipulating the speed potion and the vertical preference of eyes. If the eye wants to move towards you diagonally but your sword is in the way somehow, it will pick the vertical move over the horizontal...

02-04-2008 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
imageq
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Thanx calamarain ,
but still nothing, can't understand logic
02-04-2008 at 07:57 PM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2387

File: BW Mines 2N3W Victory.demo (1.3 KB)
Downloaded 138 times.
License: Public Domain
imageq wrote:
Thanx calamarain ,
but still nothing, can't understand logic

This was a really hard room. Attached is my demo.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-05-2008 at 03:57 AM
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
calamarain wrote:
imageq wrote:

TIA
It involves manipulating the speed potion and the vertical preference of eyes. If the eye wants to move towards you diagonally but your sword is in the way somehow, it will pick the vertical move over the horizontal...

I have tried to download the demo, but am unable to. My question is, "where best to stand and what direction should the sword be?" I don't seem to be able to find a position where I am safe from both the eye and the snake.

Also, so far, I have seen no save points. Is this what I am to expect for the entire hold?

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
03-09-2009 at 11:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I just tested the demo and it downloads and works just fine in game. Why don't you give it another try? You may need it for later parts of the room.

Also, this room has 3 checkpoints. Every room on this level has checkpoints. Hmmm, maybe you need to reboot your computer.

In the second chamber, the snake is killed like this:

03-09-2009 at 12:46 PM
junglejane
Thank you CSR for your continued support. I tried a few times yesterday to download, unsuccessfully. This morning I was still unable to. It would flash the download screen and then it would flash off before I could choose or read the file to download to. It also did not up the download count in the number of time the file had been downloaded. I thought perhaps it was hidden on my computer, but a search said it wasn't there. Strangely, after reading your message, it decided to download normally. Indeed you have helped me more than you know.

This is my last room for this level, I believe. I am proud to announce that I have accomplished this feat without using any check points, since I don't have ANY. I do see them in the demo. I must have damaged my TCB program somewhere a long the way since ALL check points have left my games. I wonder if I can correct this problem without losing my saved games?

CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
I just tested the demo and it downloads and works just fine in game. Why don't you give it another try? You may need it for later parts of the room.

Also, this room has 3 checkpoints. Every room on this level has checkpoints. Hmmm, maybe you need to reboot your computer.

In the second chamber, the snake is killed like this:

[Last edited by junglejane at 03-09-2009 03:08 PM]
03-09-2009 at 02:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
junglejane wrote:
I must have damaged my TCB program somewhere a long the way since ALL check points have left my games. I wonder if I can correct this problem without losing my saved games?
I'm pretty sure you must have accidentally unchecked "Show checkpoints" on the settings screen - at least that would explain it...

03-09-2009 at 03:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
junglejane
How right you are. I was unaware that option was available. Whew! All is not lost.

Briareos wrote:
junglejane wrote:
I must have damaged my TCB program somewhere a long the way since ALL check points have left my games. I wonder if I can correct this problem without losing my saved games?
I'm pretty sure you must have accidentally unchecked "Show checkpoints" on the settings screen - at least that would explain it...

03-09-2009 at 04:00 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Below Witherwood : Mines : 2 North, 3 West (Help me!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com