Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Number 1 Fan (Our Contest for March)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon Re: Number 1 Fan (+1)  
Dex Stewart wrote:
Yes, you most definately(???)(*) can.

* Need help with spelling
That would be "definitely", the root word being "definite".

03-07-2007 at 04:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Number 1 Fan (0)  
Hmmm, is it the idea of this contest, or do you guys not have any idea what to do?

Because at the moment you have negative 891 weeks, 6 days to go, and you have a very, very, very good chance of winning.
03-12-2007 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
I have this fantastic idea involving paperclips, but I lack immediate access to a camera.

Other than that, yeah, we don't really know how we can top Clayton spending $100 on a Beethro costume.

03-12-2007 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Never mind the costume, how do we beat the pumpkins?
03-12-2007 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Chaco wrote:
I have this fantastic idea involving paperclips, but I lack immediate access to a camera.
Surely someone around you has a digital camera, or failing that, a camera and a scanner.
Other than that, yeah, we don't really know how we can top Clayton spending $100 on a Beethro costume.
From what I've observed in contests, it's usually the person who innovates the most who wins.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 03-12-2007 01:05 AM : fixed quotes]
03-12-2007 at 01:04 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
The thing is, I got nothing. I mean, I literally don't have a camera, but I also just have no inspiration at all for this. My creativity doesn't run towards crafting (costuming, sculpting, etc.); and I'm a little low on time.

It's a cool idea for a contest, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what people come up with. Just, er, not me.
03-12-2007 at 04:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I don't have a camera or any real idea how I would prove I'm a DROD fan? So, yeah.
03-12-2007 at 09:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Did anyone actually submit entries?

And, I've got a few ideas in my head, and I own a digital camera. I'll try to get those in soon.
03-12-2007 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
NiroZ wrote:
Hmmm, does it help if I suggest trying to do something similar to 'Roaches in our midst'?

That really helped but what about any text explaining our pics?

Can we edit our pics or write text on them? Or to we attach text in the zip as a text file explaining what the pic is. Even the pumpkins needed explaining.

[Last edited by techant at 03-15-2007 09:28 PM]
03-15-2007 at 09:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
techant wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
Hmmm, does it help if I suggest trying to do something similar to 'Roaches in our midst'?

That really helped but what about any text explaining our pics?

Can we edit our pics or write text on them? Or to we attach text in the zip as a text file explaining what the pic is. Even the pumpkins needed explaining.
If you want to explain, add comments or anything else, feel free to do so. I don't really mind where you put them.
03-16-2007 at 12:43 AM
Banjooie
I think if this contest proves anything, I think it proves that we're all too busy playing DROD to take pictures of ourselves proving how much we like DROD.
03-16-2007 at 01:13 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Do our pictures need to be of ourselves? I was just gonna snag a picture online and fake it.

03-16-2007 at 02:14 AM
Banjooie
If you spend enough time googling that you find some other guy we don't know proving that he's the #1 fan of this game, I think you should win on general principle.
03-16-2007 at 02:15 AM
NiroZ
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Do our pictures need to be of ourselves? I was just gonna snag a picture online and fake it.
It doesn't have to be a picture of yourself, and I would appreciate it if people didn't submit photoshop entires.
03-16-2007 at 02:17 AM
NiroZ
I think I'll follow mattcrampy's lead here and extend the contest deadline to 3 days after the illumination is released.
03-20-2007 at 02:45 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
NiroZ wrote:
Yes, that is negative 891 weeks, 6 days to create your entry. GO FOR IT!

Does anyone other than me laugh when you read this?

03-21-2007 at 06:02 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
I considered dressing my dog and two kids up as giant cockroaches for this purpose, but, well, I was lame. Or too busy playing DROD. (Yeah, that's it!)

Josh

03-21-2007 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Okay, so what you're saying is: When the next Illumination comes out, and then after three days, the deadline will end?
03-21-2007 at 07:50 PM
NiroZ
tokyokid wrote:
Okay, so what you're saying is: When the next Illumination comes out, and then after three days, the deadline will end?
Yes. Considering that some people rely on the illumination to find out about the contest, I might as well give them a fair chance.
03-22-2007 at 02:05 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
The DROD feed should also be updated (hint, hint).
03-22-2007 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Ok, the contest is closing for submissions in negative 890 weeks, 6 days.
03-24-2007 at 11:09 PM
NiroZ
This is the flawlessly consistent reminder that there is less than 24 hours to go. Time to get around to submitting your entries/checking up to see if you can make it any better.
03-27-2007 at 07:32 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Number 1 Fan (Our Contest for March)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com