Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (Very difficult)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

3.0/10 (8 votes)
σ 2.96
Author Name:
Submitted By:
Hold Name:
Theme:
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:
Number of Rooms:
Number of Monsters:
Version:
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+ / -)
Poster Message
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
IP: Logged
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (0)  
Hikari wrote:
I'm assuming you're using JtRH, but AE will probably look pretty close if you're on that.

This is in Build Levels.

I cannot… the construction rows was drod is delete (virus), and I cannot modify it, I cannot neanche replace it within, since thanks to virus the page export, does not work… :no

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
08-29-2006 at 07:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
So, you set it to You Only, and then the virus deleted it - and now you can't edit it when you download it from the forum...

I think this is another instance of "ask mrimer to hack it open for you". :/

08-29-2006 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (+4)  
Neather2, I can make you an anyone-edit copy of your hold. I actually have done so already. It's right here, waiting to be uploaded. :)

BUT, before I post it, I have to ask you to put this hold back in Architecture. It's not ready. It's not a bad hold, but it needs a little work. Not all that much work, but it does need some.

Changing the title alone is not enough. As far as I can tell, the hold description makes it out to be a sequel to KDD. Sorry, but it's not for you to create a sequel to someone else's hold. Just make it your very own hold, with your own story and everything. And "Neather Hold" is still misleading. I know it's after your screenname, but people may think it's all about the other 'Neather. Try and think of something else.
You'll also want to change the level numbering - it starts at 26, which won't make sense when it's no longer a sequel.

This hold has hardly had a chance to be playtested. I don't think there are any conquerability problems etc., but give people a bit more time to test before uploading to Holds.

There are also a couple of other minor things, which we can discuss in Architecture.

So, I'll post the anyone-edit copy in Architecture, if you promise not to put it on Holds immediately. Deal? If you agree, I'll post the hold, and Schik can delete this thread.
08-30-2006 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (+2)  
Many thanks for doing this michthro - you've got a big heart.

That is quite a chunk of text to put through a translater though , so I will PM neather2 (now so that he will get it first thing in the morning) with an attempt at a shortened transaltion of that into Italian. I'll also suggest a new name. Unfortunately I will be out to work and unable to help during the day but I should manage back in here tomorrow evening.

He is having serious virus problems which is making life very difficult for him (frankly I think the whole world should buy macs, but then I'm biased! ;) :) ) At the moment, if I understand correctly, he can do very little on his computer as folders are disappearing (?!) An uncle is trying to help, but we will maybe have to be patient.

If the moderators feel this thread should be deleted now, I will try to explain that to him.

Elfstone.

08-30-2006 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Rank Points: 406
I understand in this post that I must take the same one hold and make an other starter shaft waiting for that admin it loads this? :?

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
08-31-2006 at 07:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Neather2 wrote:
I understand in this post that I must take the same one hold and make an other starter shaft waiting for that admin it loads this? :?

...Yes. I think.
08-31-2006 at 08:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
michthro
Thanks, Elfstone.
Neather2 wrote:
No. I think.. You should not make any new threads on the Holds board or the Architecture board.

Don't worry. It's all good news. :D :thumbsup Elfstone is going to explain to you.

08-31-2006 at 09:07 AM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (+3)  
michthro wrote:
Thanks, Elfstone.
Neather2 wrote:
No. I think.. You should not make any new threads on the Holds board or the Architecture board.

Don't worry. It's all good news. :D :thumbsup Elfstone is going to explain to you.

I hope!!!!

michthro can you please hang onto that 'anyone edit' version of his hold, which he has now remamed "Nicastro Hold", for the time being?

He has serious virus problems which are now preventing him from doing any editing in DROD, which means he can't at the moment change level numbers or do any of the other tidying up needed. I think the thing is to let him and his uncle sort the computer first and then get him a copy of the Hold from you so that he can polish it off. I don't quite know what we do about the maze he made for the labyrynth contest ; I'll work on that with him.

Elf.

08-31-2006 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
Have any plans been made on fixing this hold?

Keep posting,

10-01-2006 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
Sorry about another bump, but really, I liked this hold. Gianluca, I suggest you abandon your 'Master of Masters' 25 Level Hold for now. This really needs to be fixed. Michthro, do you still have that anyone-edit version?

Keep posting,

11-23-2006 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
michthro

File: King Dugans Dungeon 2.hold (27 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (+2)  
UrAvgAzn wrote:
Michthro, do you still have that anyone-edit version?
Ok, here it is.
11-23-2006 at 06:02 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon 2 (Very difficult)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com