Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Story of You (Our Contest for July.)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Re: Story of You (0)  
Chaco wrote:
LESS THAN THREE HOURS, GUYS! YOU REALLY MIGHT WANT TO THINK ABOUT FINISHING UP!

And suddenly, large text! Huge amounts of it!

I ain't entering, I haven't got anything I can really translate into DROD without it basically being talking heads.
07-19-2006 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Here's it so far just in case I get so busy trying to finish it that I forget to get it up in time.
07-19-2006 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Well just got my finished hope you all like it. There was still some tweaking I wanted to do but no more time........... :D

07-19-2006 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant

File: My Story July 2006 Contest Entry.hold (19.6 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Story of You (+2)  
I found a major mistake right now so I have reuploaded it with the correction the two of you that downloaded please do so again.

07-19-2006 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo

File: The Story of Me.hold (9.7 KB)
Downloaded 34 times.
DONE!!! With four minutes to spare as well. About 90% of this was done in the last hour and a half. :D
07-19-2006 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
After trying to convert my time setting to Dugandy Standard Time, I made an erroneous deadline annoucement. Sorry about that.

07-19-2006 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Ahh. But I believe it's over now. Techant, I really, really, like your story. Good story, and good scripting. I'll be giving it high marks! :D

I have to say that you are lucky, I can't remember a particular time I came to know Jesus. I don't have that type of story to tell.
07-19-2006 at 11:16 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Ezlo wrote:
Ahh. But I believe it's over now. Techant, I really, really, like your story. Good story, and good scripting. I'll be giving it high marks! :D

I have to say that you are lucky, I can't remember a particular time I came to know Jesus. I don't have that type of story to tell.

Actually, 41 minutes to go, by my watch.

negative 923 weeks, 1 day

untiltime tags ftw.

turns out I forgot about DST. We still have 1 hour 40 minutes.

[Last edited by coppro at 07-19-2006 11:20 PM]
07-19-2006 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
techant wrote:
Well just got my finished hope you all like it.

Liked it? I loved it!! You're getting a 10 from me! :D Such a great story! It made me cry a little. You're a great story-teller, techant!
07-20-2006 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
So, after playing all the entries, I think I might just be good enough to get in the top ten!

Seriously guys, everyone who entered this particulat contest did a fantastic job. I loved each and every one of them! Is it possible for everyone to get a tie?

[Last edited by Ezlo at 07-20-2006 02:05 AM]
07-20-2006 at 01:16 AM
techant
icon Re: Story of You (+1)  
I just got back in and saw all the nice comments, thanks so much.

I will say that I was glad we could see some earlier entries. I had mine all laid out but had not done the scripting in the heart rooms yet. I was not doing it rigth. I saw how some of you were doing it. I was completely different from the way I was. So I did the heart rooms with the new scripting idea. It turned out so much better. Thanks.

Scripting hints for others: put all your scripting on one NPC character, and have the talking go back and forth by changing which character is speaking and how.

This works much better in most cases than having NPC characters each have a speech part with the player needing to hit the stand in place key.

Amazing Contest Discription: The Challenge!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by techant at 10-22-2007 07:57 AM]
07-20-2006 at 03:43 AM
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
wow i loved it, might have something to di with the fact that i'm a christian though ;) should've said "no, im not a Jesus freak, i'm a christain. So are you one of those athiest freaks?" :D might have gotten you in trouble though, suprised the teacher didn't get in trouble for calling christians Jesus freaks

07-20-2006 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
golfrman wrote:
wow i loved it, might have something to di with the fact that i'm a christian though ;) should've said "no, im not a Jesus freak, i'm a christain. So are you one of those athiest freaks?" :D might have gotten you in trouble though, suprised the teacher didn't get in trouble for calling christians Jesus freaks

It was a popular slang of the day, I think he was just trying to be cool rather than put me on the spot. Back in the early 70's folks were not as careful to not put someone on the spot for there political or religious positions, they wanted to know why you belived what you did. But is still took me off guard as you can see.

Thanks for the nice comments :)

[Last edited by techant at 07-20-2006 11:06 AM : words left out]
07-20-2006 at 04:19 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Incidentally, I deliberately left my hold Anyone-Edit, as this is only the, er, fourth hold I've posted here, and that includes the eyeballs and a one-room joke. And it's more scripting than I've tried, so advice is always welcome.
07-20-2006 at 08:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Chaco I could not belive that you had such a bad experince. What city/town did that happen in? Why didn't you report it to the police? I just felt so sad for you when I got to that part, wow. I sure am glad you are OK now.

spoiler
Click here to view the secret text

07-20-2006 at 11:11 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Incidentally, I'm an atheist. My policy is "don't bother others, but if they bother you then bother them back as inconspicuously as you can".

07-20-2006 at 11:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
techant, Great hold! Loved it! Jesus is the best! Whoohoo!

07-20-2006 at 11:48 AM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Tahnan, the first stairs end the hold.

07-20-2006 at 11:50 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459

File: A Day in the Life.hold (17 KB)
Downloaded 27 times.
Jason wrote:
Tahnan, the first stairs end the hold.

Oh, for crying out loud; why does this keep happening to me? I should write a hold in which Beethro writes a hold and screws up the stairs.

I've attached the proper version. Hopefully not a problem, Erik?
07-20-2006 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Yeah, it's fine.

I'm now putting the poll together and will only accept entries posted before this time. If you have any entries still posted in this topic that shouldn't be included, please remove them.

-Erik

07-20-2006 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Story of You (Our Contest for July.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com