Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Remlin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 181
IP: Logged
icon Re: The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread (+1)  
Thanks so much for fixing this up. I uploaded my demos before leaving to work today, and had about 150 new high scores by the time I got home.

Looking at my remaining missing scores in conquered holds, I've found several cases of rooms for which apparently no demo was ever recorded when I beat them. All the rooms I noticed were level entrances - School and Slayer Killing Hold are both examples. Is this a known problem?
11-01-2006 at 05:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
It's a problem that was already fixed (in either 2.0.13 or 2.0.14), but if you played those rooms before upgrading you have to go back and replay them.

11-01-2006 at 05:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
Go Schik! It looks like this has definately fixed the bug. So far I have about 70 or so new scores, moved one place up the tables and still 6000 of my scores to be verified.

If anyone is intending to upload their scores, don't expect any changes for a while. It has taken 24 hours for me to get this far, and the queue is a lot longer now than it was yesterday.

Steve.
11-01-2006 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218

File: demos.JPG (9.1 KB)
Downloaded 632 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread (0)  
Yeah... At least I got a nice round number :)

[Last edited by Syntax at 11-01-2006 06:20 PM]
11-01-2006 at 06:18 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Syntax wrote:
Yeah... At least I got a nice round number :)
:blink :crazy :wacko :scared :baby :yikes :eek :nerd :whistle :hmmm:                     :tumbleweed:

11-01-2006 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
My goodness. There are a lot of demos queued.

I've spawned a couple more spiders and cranked them up to High to try to get through this huge mess of scores more quickly.

11-01-2006 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I uploaded all my scores, and lost two highscores.

Of course, they were beaten by players while the upload occured, but still.

11-03-2006 at 02:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
zex20913 wrote:

Nelson from The Simpsons: "Ha, ha!"

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-03-2006 at 02:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Schik wrote:
I've spawned a couple more spiders

So it's true, the spider queen is in TCB!!!! ;)

11-03-2006 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
zex20913 wrote:

I'm going to guess you don't know which ones they were? :)

11-03-2006 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
zex20913 wrote:

By "lost highscores", do you mean #1 scores (as your second sentence implies), or 2 less from the total? The reason I'm asking is because I also lost exactly two scores in the past day. 1 of them is the hold entrance room to "Beethro's Generic Quest" which seems to have been marked unscorable. I haven't tracked down the other yet (and probably never will).

11-03-2006 at 04:22 AM
Syntax
I concur with the lost HS for Beethro's Generic Quest. Though I didn't update the hold itself...
11-03-2006 at 08:07 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Meanwhile, my score's gone up about 700 points (and the spider's still hard at work). The fact that I've been going back to redo some of the first holds I played, before I discovered the joys of optimization, hasn't hurt either.

If I've lost high scores, I'd have no idea how I'd tell.
11-03-2006 at 10:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Hmmm... yeah, looks like you're catching up anyhows ;)
11-03-2006 at 10:17 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Caverns of Animus: The Long Ascent: 3N1W

High score is 766 on the boards, but if you download the demo in-game it is 1114 moves. bizarreness!

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 12-29-2006 12:59 AM]
12-29-2006 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
I've seen a few like this: 36-move high scores in a room you can't walk across in 36 moves, never mind the monsters in between you and the other side; that sort of thing. Invariably, when I download that demo, the demo has the correct move count, and that seems to fix the high score page. (I think.)
12-29-2006 at 01:36 AM
captainzakku
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
This may have already been posted elsewhere, but I noticed that the spider, and the move counter disagree on how to score rooms with clones.

The spider seems to count switching between a clone and Beethro as a move, while the in-game move counter, and the number of moves listed for the demo, do not. This means that when a demo is first uploaded, it goes in first without counting the number of clone/Beethro changes, then gets updated when the spider checks it. [yes, this has been posted in at least a few places already -- it should be fixed in 3.0.2 -- mrimer]

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-04-2007 04:34 AM]
05-02-2007 at 03:50 PM
chisquare05
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17

File: drod.ini (2.7 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread [Missing Scores and Disappearing Scores] (0)  
I'm running JtRH 2.0.15.1 under Linux, and after playing for several weeks
off-line, I recently connected to CaravelNet for the first time and uploaded my
information. The connection is fine, but I'm having two problems:

a. Scores are missing for (seemingly arbitrary) rooms that
I have completed, even in conquered and mastered holds.

b. All my scores in the last 24 hours disappeared today
after having registered clearly last night, including
rooms in several new holds and a couple decent scores. :(

I looked for the FullScoreUpload feature in drod.ini as indicated previously on
the forum, but neither the corresponding line nor even the Startup section are
present in my drod.ini file. (No Clock line either, incidentally. I've attached my original drod.ini.)
So I added the following lines to drod.ini

[Startup]
FullScoreUpload=1

quit DROD then uploaded again. It made no difference at all; in fact, the upload
after this was "complete" in a fraction of a second despite having many rooms to
upload.

On problem b: in trying to address problem a, I went through one of the mastered
holds (Smitemastery 101) and found the missing rooms, restored, and then exited
the room again. All the scores
but one showed up on line. I also played several
rooms in various other holds (Odd Jobs, City of Queens, Penthouse) last night.
All showed up on my stats and scores, but
all are gone now. I noticed it only after I started DROD today from a site that was
not my ordinary wireless connection, though I doubt that would cause the problem.

06-22-2007 at 01:23 AM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
The current issue about high scores being rejected has already been noted here, so we're all in the same boat.

Once everything is back up and running normally, if you are still missing scores post here again and I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

Steve.
06-22-2007 at 08:59 AM
chisquare05
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Ah, thanks. I didn't find that when I searched.

06-22-2007 at 03:55 PM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
Just spawned one of those wondrous "incorrect" highscores myself. Was going over one of my Witherwood Castle scores (Clascioman's Vault : Entrance) and deciding I could optimize it a bit more. Went through a number of tries, each with a better score, and during the last bit of work, I did something unusual. Unsure what the exact cause was, but I'd just completed the room and updated my #1, and the spider hadn't gotten to it yet. I went back to look at the room and see if I could reload from the checkpoint, and that that checkpoint was the same as my last demo.

So during that time, I (1) restored the room, (2) pressed Esc almost immediately, (3) looked at my demo up to the time I hit the checkpoint (I was comparing my own move counts to make sure), (4) chose Continue Playing Game and (5) optimized and collected a new high score.

I'm unsure at which point the bug happened, but I ended up with a 90 move score for the room which was clearly incorrect. Furthermore, it appeared as pre-validated by the spider, so it was going to stay up there unless something was done. I got the spider to invalidate it immediately and then did it again: it worked this time.

The #1 History, however, is still showing the 90 move demo, thus making it kinda useless for that room right now, unfortunately. I'm not *overly* worried, given that the room is a Mimic room, and thus will need to be entirely reverified by the spider once the fixes for mimic/decoy/clone placement is in place, but it's an addition factor to add.

Since #1 History for the room is broken, I've attempted several times in the last half hour to repeat the bug, but have been unsuccessful. As such, I have no further details I can add, nor can I *quite* remember any more exact details on what I may have done during the time, since I wasn't expecting this result. I may even be wrong about the order I did some things - I seem to remember the 90 move demo appearing before I finished optimizing, so it may have been the "validation" of the previous demo I had just uploaded... but I may just not remember correctly.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention: I was playing this hold in JtRH. However, I've seen a weird highscore in the official hold of TCB too, so I'm not sure it's version specific.

Sorry for the trouble.

[Last edited by TFMurphy at 07-01-2007 10:16 PM]
07-01-2007 at 10:14 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I'm running JtRH (2.0.15.1) at the moment, and the spider still seems to count my demos including mimics in a "bad" way (that is: including the moves it takes to place the mimic when counting my number of moves). Is this fixed in the latest patch candidate? Is the spider going to go through some kind of update to solve this issue?

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 08-14-2007 10:01 AM]
08-14-2007 at 10:00 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Blondbeard wrote:
I'm running JtRH (2.0.15.1) at the moment, and the spider still seems to count my demos including mimics in a "bad" way (that is: including the moves it takes to place the mimic when counting my number of moves). Is this fixed in the latest patch candidate? Is the spider going to go through some kind of update to solve this issue?
I think this will be fixed when the spider adopts the 3.1 rules after the 3.1 patch is officially released.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-14-2007 at 02:23 PM
Tahnan
"Fixed" in the sense of "will go back through a lot of old demos to correct the move count", yes? (I've been replaying KDD, and I find myself with a lot of demos that should be ties for nth place but instead are marked as (n+1)th place because I placed a mimic.)
08-14-2007 at 07:55 PM
Syntax
Ok, apart from Tahnan and silver (not sure about the former in JtRH, and a fresh upload should fix silver's entrance room), all other uploads have now happened on page 1 so worth deleting any posts... looking to kill this thread off...

[EDIT]

Actually, I've now checked each post, and they seem to be fixed. I'll delete this thread if silver and Tahnan can confirm if their demos are now uploaded...

Some failed uploads may be linked to the 3.1 patch (no scores of mine are currently being accepted), but I no longer believe there's an upload issue with demos...

[Last edited by Syntax at 08-29-2007 08:37 AM]
08-29-2007 at 08:29 AM
silver
Rank Points: 915
yes, mine was fixed. thanks.

08-29-2007 at 09:55 AM
Tahnan
Syntax wrote:
Actually, I've now checked each post, and they seem to be fixed. I'll delete this thread if silver and Tahnan can confirm if their demos are now uploaded...
Sorry, I kind of lost track of things. Anyway, no, my TCB demos still aren't uploading; I did a mass upload of scores, and I tried uploading the demos for a few rooms I'm missing, and no change. (Er, and I'm not yet running 3.1. As I say, I've lost track of whether that's relevant here.)
09-01-2007 at 08:42 AM
Syntax
I was just wondering whether all the rooms in the existing thread were sorted. There's probably issues with varios TCB versions but I believe they should probably be put in a new thread. This thread was dealing with JtRH upload issues, and as far as I can tell, this has been fixed.

Version 3.+ definitely has demo upload issues due to the spider version, but I've no doubt that will get fixed. Haven't had a validated demo in weeks.

Watch your back Tahnan ;)
09-01-2007 at 09:54 AM
Tahnan
Oh! The missing high scores I'd mentioned in the thread I'd linked to--Veere's Dungeon, Lendy's Dungeon, etc.--do indeed seem to be back in place. So tentatively, yes, my JtRH demo uploads have been resolved.
09-03-2007 at 01:21 AM
Syntax
Ok, I'll be deleting this thread in the next 24 hours unless someone spots any outstanding missing high scores (I checked them all personally and couldn't see any).
09-03-2007 at 01:36 AM
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes