Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Anonymous 3 (Completed!)
Page 3 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1055
IP: Logged
icon Re: RPG Anonymous 3 (0)  
At the moment the game cannot continue until we get at least 4 people playing. If only 4 people sign up, everyone will get 3 rooms to stop the level being to small.

07-09-2010 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
There must be more RPG architects than this!
07-28-2010 at 03:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
I could sign up to do a couple of rooms. I hadn't earlier since I was busy with college orientation but I have spare time now.

07-28-2010 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Yay, more people! The game can go on it theroy, by doing Level 4 the same way Level 2 was done, with four rooms a person, unless someone else signs up.

07-29-2010 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (20 KB)
Downloaded 24 times.
License: Public Domain
In hopes of eventually finishing this, here's Level 4. It's built asuming three players who still want to play.

Middle Rooms: Hyperme
West Rooms: Chaco
East Rooms : The Stew Boy

You can edit the boundaries between rooms you are working on as much as you want.

Deadline is the 14th of August.

[Last edited by hyperme at 08-08-2010 10:24 AM]
08-07-2010 at 05:17 PM
The Stew Boy
Please re-upload.
08-08-2010 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Done. Curse that preview and it's attachment stealing!

08-08-2010 at 10:24 AM
hyperme
The Stew Boy seems to of vaporized, and he didn't send in his rooms beforehand. I'm gonna ask if there's someone interested in filling in four rooms for this round in a shortish time.

08-20-2010 at 08:36 PM
The Stew Boy
Sorry, I was a bit busy lately, and also I had to replay the hold from the beginning, due to new computer. I'll try and get this done by tomorrow.

Edit: Have played up to current level. Editing now.
Edit: Finished, submitting.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 08-21-2010 04:34 AM]
08-20-2010 at 11:18 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (23.4 KB)
Downloaded 25 times.
Here be Level 4. I can't get through it, but that's probably me. However, yellow keys are getting a little scarce.

08-22-2010 at 03:33 PM
Chaco
I made it through Level 4. Some commentary on it:

Click here to view the secret text

==

Looking forward to level 5, although I hope more people volunteer to build it. Doing something like this doesn't take too much time for me and I'm fine with volunteering to help build level 5.

08-23-2010 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Oops, I just realized now that as presented here, Level 4: Quarce South Once West's wooden sword challenge doesn't work as intended.

I forgot to put a pressure plate under the guard beyond the trapdoors that opens (or toggles) the black door beside the wooden sword. This would force the player to fight the guard bare-handed. But right now the guard is just there for no reason and the black door has to be opened with a non-existent portable orb.

Could hyperme either fix that or tell me to submit a fixed version of that room?

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-23-2010 10:53 PM]
08-23-2010 at 10:53 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (23.4 KB)
Downloaded 29 times.
You can now get thw wooden sword if you enjoy wooden swords.

Still needing more people for going on though. Where is everyone?

08-26-2010 at 06:58 PM
The Stew Boy
Still a bit busy, I'll have more time tonight and on the weekend.
08-26-2010 at 09:33 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Took a quick look at this again. Don't mind doing more rooms later...

I've yet to get a clean run, but it's definitely possible to take every gem in the current hold and still have a few thousand hp, around 10y+10g keys and both accessories left. This is extremely high (both ATK and DEF 200+ via the def-route) compared to Chaco's sample stats. For comparison, by the end red guards were doing only 15dmg and fegundos 175dmg.

That is, the fifth level could easily become trivial for a more efficient player (or too hard for a normal playthrough... time to start thinking about optional bonus challenges?)

edit: Stats at the end of L4

[Last edited by Doom at 08-27-2010 10:47 AM]
08-26-2010 at 11:35 PM
The Stew Boy
You must have optimized really really well. I can barely get a few rooms into L4 without running out of health :(
I decided to not spend a green key back on L1 for the 1 ATK, I don't think it's worth it.
08-27-2010 at 08:32 AM
hyperme
The Stew Boy wrote:
I decided to not spend a green key back on L1 for the 1 ATK, I don't think it's worth it.

But it is. I had 7 greens on entry to level 4. Also, it makes it easy to reach those all improtant Atk targets.

08-27-2010 at 10:59 AM
hyperme
Let's keep this going! Who want's to help make Level 5?

The plan:

Level 5 - Same as other levels to get to 6.
Level 6 - Defeating the boss opens the path to the final in Level 4 or 5
Penultima - Players can trade in items to do reach the Final, or fight a boss for a less good ending.
Final Level - Player fights the final boss, and gets the good ending.

One way to reward optimizers could be the possibility to skip Levels 5 and 6 for a different ending. Or have Level 7, with an alternate ending after that.

09-10-2010 at 10:15 PM
The Stew Boy
I'm in, even though I haven't actually made it to level 5 yet :(

Edit: Okay, I made it through to the blue door (without having done too much of L4 - I'm hoping someone will be nice and put a stack of gems at the start of L5), but without much HP, so if you put a boss down there I'll have to go back and redo a fair bit.
Stats:

Edit: I can make it through most of L4 with the shield, but then I have nowhere near enough HP to get either of the blue keys. I simply just don't understand how you can get through L4, get all the gems, still have heaps of keys and a couple thousand HP left over. I just don't. :no

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 09-11-2010 12:36 AM]
09-10-2010 at 11:25 PM
hyperme
We will finish this!

So is anyone wanting to sign up for room making or will we have to wait ages for more peoples?

09-26-2010 at 11:03 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
hyperme wrote:
We will finish this!

So is anyone wanting to sign up for room making or will we have to wait ages for more peoples?

Good! And if you do get to wait ages, I could pitch in. Right now I don't have the time.
09-26-2010 at 02:46 PM
hyperme
It's that time again! The monthly bump!

Still serching for people to make Level 5. Sign up. Now! And i don't know, maybe I'll give a mod point or two(while supplies last).

10-21-2010 at 10:35 AM
The Stew Boy
I would, but I haven't even finished Level 4. It's way too hard for me :(
10-21-2010 at 10:55 AM
hyperme
GREETINGS, FELLOW MORTALS!

So, how's it going? Wanted to make a few RPG rooms recently? Or maybe wanted to make a hint type thing to help less good players get through this so they can build rooms that are good? Then why not help this project get itself together and become being in production again!

12-10-2010 at 08:22 PM
The Stew Boy
hyperme wroteOr maybe wanted to make a hint type thing to help less good players get through this so they can build rooms that are good?

Yes please :(
I'll try redoing the entire hold, again. Maybe having a few months break will mean I'll do better this time.

Edit: Stats so far:

Somebody tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 12-14-2010 01:08 AM]
12-14-2010 at 12:49 AM
hyperme
Hey guys it's that time again.

Anyone want to play?

01-13-2011 at 09:27 PM
The Stew Boy
Nobody's volunteered to make their earlier rooms any easier, so I dunno.
01-13-2011 at 11:46 PM
hyperme

File: RPG Anonymous 3.drh (24.6 KB)
Downloaded 29 times.
SCREW THE SIGN UPS, I HAVE A NEW METHOD!

So I made a Level 5. It has 14 rooms that need building. I'll be making two, so it really more like 12. Anyhow, since getting peeps to sign up isn't working, I'm using a new approach.

If you want to contribute, PM me up to two avalible spaces. I'll then mark them as being worked on. You then get seven days to make your room(s). Make, mail them to me. Then I'll cross off the room slot, and put your name next to it.

Level 5:

Level 5 will require two Blue Key to get through. The theme is Jutt's Sandstone(go get it). Multiplier is x3. There will be a boss.

List of Rooms for Level 5 :

Once South, Once East
Once South, Twice East
Twice South
Twice South, Twice East
Thrice South
Thrice South, Once East
Thrice South, Thrice East
Thrice South, Quarce East
Quarce South, Thrice East
Quarce South, Quarce East
Quince South, Twice East
Quince South, Thrice East

No required boss for Level 4. However, an optional boss to skip Levels 5 and 6 is avalbile for extreme optimizers, and needs statting.

My E-mail: clockoutguy[at]yahoo.co.uk

So, drop in some rooms. What could go wrong? Other than horrible copyright problems. Maybe I should just say by contributing rooms, you're giving permission for their use. Actually, I will.

By contributing rooms to this project, you give permission for them to altered and for them submitted to CaveralNet as part of a Level Set, by the 'Project Manager', Hyperme.

[Last edited by hyperme at 11-15-2011 09:16 PM]
01-15-2011 at 09:42 PM
The Stew Boy
Well, I need someone else to post their stats, because I still cannot get anywhere near level 5 myself.
On this playthrough I am currently meandering through level 4 with a handful of keys and some HP, trying to work out the best place to lose it all.
It just seems that in order to get stats good enough to get anywhere at all, I have to go through several big HP/key sinks in level 3. There's the rattlesnake in 1S1E, there's 1S1W, there's 1N1W and 2S1W to a lesser extent.
I have gone through the rattlesnake, but the HP I have left over really isn't enough to do anything useful with, and I somehow did not have enough green keys on this playthrough to do 1S1W (or else I did at one point, but forgot about it.)
Question: Did anyone else kill the brain first in 1S1W and spend all the green keys? Or are people doing it the hard way?

[Last edited by The Stew Boy at 01-16-2011 12:54 AM]
01-16-2011 at 12:48 AM
hyperme
I'm currently resisting the temptation to transfer the project over to the RPG buildly forum to get more exposure. Maybe that could hep with tester getting.

01-19-2011 at 08:27 PM
Page 3 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : RPG Anonymous 3 (Completed!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com