Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : broken and cracked orbs (what do they do?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ZiomASek
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon broken and cracked orbs (0)  
can some one tell me what the broken and cracked orbs do?
can some one tell me please?

11-15-2008 at 12:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: broken and cracked orbs (+1)  
Um, this might have been better off in Architecture, but I guess it's fine here.

Cracked orbs will work for the first time that you strike them, then after that they act like crumbly walls.
11-15-2008 at 01:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
goldenferret
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
And broken orbs are pretty self-explanatory. They don't work even once when you strike them, they just break. They're functionally identical to crumbly walls, but I think seep can't go through them.

11-15-2008 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
The Dungeon of Broken Orbs has an excellent tutorial level on this exact subject.

The rest of the hold is much harder though, and is best left for more experienced Drodders.

11-15-2008 at 01:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
goldenferret wrote:
And broken orbs are pretty self-explanatory. They don't work even once when you strike them, they just break. They're functionally identical to crumbly walls, but I think seep can't go through them.

There's another difference between broken orbs and crumby walls. It's explained it "Dungeon of Broken Orbs" tutorial. Disarmed Beethro\citizen-like role can break it by bumping in the broken orb.
11-15-2008 at 03:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
mxvladi wrote:
goldenferret wrote:

There's another difference between broken orbs and crumby walls. It's explained it "Dungeon of Broken Orbs" tutorial. Disarmed Beethro\citizen-like role can break it by bumping in the broken orb.

and don't forget that they can be placed on trapdoors, acting like crumbly walls.

11-15-2008 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
Also, Aumtlich beams can turn a cracked orb into a broken orb without activating the orb (Rule #1 in Dungeon of Broken Orbs). The beams also destroy broken orbs completely (once again, unlike crumbly walls).

11-16-2008 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : broken and cracked orbs (what do they do?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com