Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Loony Labyrinth (Theme? What theme?)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.1/10 (43 votes)
σ 1.48
Author Name:Rob
Submitted By:zzyzx
Hold Name:Loony Labyrinth
Theme:Theme? What theme?
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:100
Number of Monsters:1061
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:10 (+10 / -0)
Poster Message
Nosdrah Circtrebla
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
IP: Logged
icon Re: Loony Labyrinth (0)  
Good Job. Very Entertaining. Took me about two weeks of complete. Keep up the good work.

03-14-2006 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Nosdrah Circtrebla? Ha!

I just noticed what your name says. I may be slow, but I get there eventually.
03-15-2006 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nosdrah Circtrebla
Rank Points: 30
Been away for awhile. Not many pickup on the name. I neice came up with it. Kind of game she plays with everyone's name. Fun Hold. Thanks again.

04-07-2006 at 06:55 PM
Krissan
Rank Points: 89
Nice hold, however, I got stuck in 1S1E. After completing the room, I went east to 1S2E (using upper and middle path), which I hadn't completed, and that resulted in me getting stuck behind a yellow door when going back, which led to a restore.

04-20-2006 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I have finished all the rooms, and the list says I have conquered 98%, but the blue door did not disappear, whatīs wrong, and what am I going to do.(not play the whole game again, , I hope)
01-03-2007 at 04:14 PM
Remlin
Rank Points: 181
There's probably a room (or two, since you've only got 98%) with no monsters in it that you haven't visited yet. Loony Labyrinth is a 10x10 square, so it should be easy to tell from the minimap what you missed.
01-03-2007 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
selotte
I have explored 98% too, and there is no room exept the rooms with exit I miss. I really donīt understand ,
01-03-2007 at 08:08 PM
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
selotte wrote:
I have finished all the rooms, and the list says I have conquered 98%, but the blue door did not disappear, whatīs wrong, and what am I going to do.(not play the whole game again, , I hope)
You won't have to replay the whole hold. You must just have missed a room or two. I'm sure you did play all of them, but what could have happened is that you played a room, then restored to some point where that room is unconquered, and forgot to play it again. Look carefully at the map on the restore screen. All rooms should be white. (More exactly, floor tiles should be white.) The rooms you missed will be red, or shaded out (it will look kind of green and brown).
01-03-2007 at 09:05 PM
Andy101
Rank Points: 222
There is a bug in the calculation of the explored status in the latest version of the 2.0.15 patch, see here; http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=12999.

[Last edited by Andy101 at 01-03-2007 10:49 PM]
01-03-2007 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
When you are looking on the mini-map for rooms you may have missed, look out for rooms like 1N1W which is made up mostly of walls and trapdoors. It's harder to see whether these are completed.

If you are really stuck, post a screenshot of your minimap and I'll have a look to see what you missed. (or try comparing your minimap to the map in the Hints forum)

As for the hold, I completed it last night. It was fun with some fun rooms, but it did have one major downpoint. When I was down to a few rooms left, I didn't like having to hunt around to try to find my way into them. For example, it took me five minutes to get into 1N1W to kill a brain in a few seconds.
There was some good stuff here too, specially the two mazes which were small enough to be fun.

Now, onto the next challenge....

Steve.
01-04-2007 at 09:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
I really would like to post a screenshot of my minimap, but I donīt know how to do it. I have compared with the map at the Hints, but canīt see what`s wrong. Thanks for your help.
01-04-2007 at 04:32 PM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
If you are on a windows PC, double click on the minimap while in DROD so you can see the full map, then press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.

Open an image application and paste the results. Save as something.jpg and attach to a post here. If you know how, you could crop the image so it only includes the minimap to reduce the image size, but it isn't important.

Due to the nature of some of the rooms in this hold, the diffence could be very small. It shouldn't take too long to have a quick run through all the rooms in game as a last resort.

Steve.
01-04-2007 at 04:37 PM
selotte

File: Billede 030.jpg (678.2 KB)
Downloaded 113 times.
License: Public Domain
If I look of number og highscores, I have 86/86.I canīt make it with the screenshot, it disapper when I use Printscreen. But I have taken a picture of it, I hope you can see it, even if it is not quit clear,
01-04-2007 at 05:24 PM
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
icon Re: Loony Labyrinth (+1)  
Looks like 1N3W isn't conquered.
01-04-2007 at 06:51 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Nice screenshot :)
01-04-2007 at 07:26 PM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Indeed - I suppose taking an actual picture of the monitor is one way to do it...! :)

01-04-2007 at 10:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
Thank you for alle your help, you were right, I must have been blind on the one eye, :blush Now I must see what to do with all these orbs?
01-05-2007 at 10:17 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Click here to view the secret text

01-05-2007 at 12:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
selotte
Happy End :D Thanks for all your help. It was good, but much traveling around.
01-05-2007 at 03:59 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
A very entertaining hold. It's nice to note that several rooms can be solved in fairly different ways of varying difficulty.

Most puzzles are, with a few exceptions, fairly easy. There are a couple of more painful ones hidden in there, though.

I give it an 8, with 4 brains.

01-10-2007 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacques Chirac
Rank Points: 15
A very nice and entertaining hold!
Just finished it today.
Congratulations from France! :thumbsup
06-13-2007 at 01:45 AM
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
Just finished this hold and enjoyed it. Gave it 5 brains for a medium difficulty. And a seven for fun - you lost a point for that last room trying to find the orb that let me to the stairs. sigh.

11-14-2011 at 06:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CrazyDiamond
Rank Points: 38
cbemom wrote: Just finished this hold and enjoyed it. Gave it 5 brains for a medium difficulty. And a seven for fun - you lost a point for that last room trying to find the orb that let me to the stairs. sigh.

On the contrary I raised up the vote from 6 to 7 because of that last room. :P

09-05-2014 at 03:34 PM
xitvono
Rank Points: 55
I seem to be stuck in the western section of the hold. In particular, the rooms

3s 6w
1s 3w
1s 2w
2n 2w
2n 3w
2n 4w
2n 6w

are uncleared and prevent me from leaving.
09-12-2014 at 02:20 AM
CrazyDiamond
Rank Points: 38
Try to solve first
, I can assure you that it is solvable and will unlock many other rooms.
09-12-2014 at 01:01 PM
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
This was a very interesting hold. Nothing was particularly difficult, and if you like rooms that can only be solved from one entrance and enjoy trying to figure out how to get to that entrance, I think you'll like this hold.

The puzzles themselves have a variety of different ideas, most of which are interesting. Exploration aspect was also satisfying, although if you hate mazes in general it's probably best to stay away.

That being said, the maze aspect only really comes up when you're trying to hunt down those last few rooms to finish the hold. As long as you clear as you go, most of this hold is just fun little puzzles.

12-03-2017 at 01:09 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Loony Labyrinth (Theme? What theme?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com