Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Give Me An Answer (Our contest for April '06) This topic has been locked
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Re: Give Me An Answer (0)  
Well, I wasn't sure whether it wasn't a real contest or not, but it was fun trying to come up with answers anyway so I figured it doesn't hurt to take it seriously. Guess that means I fell for it, but it was an amusing way to spend 3 minutes.

04-02-2006 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1917
icon Re: Give Me An Answer WINNER! (0)  
I guess we have a winner!

Answer#2 seems quite accurate.

gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
1. Procrastination keeps the world sane and organised.

2. Hook, Line, and Sinker.

3. People only play accordians to look funny.

[Last edited by larrymurk at 04-02-2006 08:24 PM]
04-02-2006 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
Doom
Rank Points: 3260
It was pretty obvious fake if you had seen the clue about the next contest on the page that was given by the hold and word document of Erik's speech. This didn't exactly match.

FYI, the question for my answer #3, would've been something like this: "What do you call a person who posts in this thread" ;)
04-02-2006 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
Ostegolectr1c
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
You got me here. Well, when this "contest" was posted on the forum it was already 2nd of April in my country. At least i got points.

04-02-2006 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1224
I figured ot was it when you said that each answer would be rated, how could you rate each and every single one?
04-02-2006 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Give Me An Answer WINNER! (0)  
larrymurk wrote:
I guess we have a winner!

Answer#2 seems quite accurate.

gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
1. Procrastination keeps the world sane and organised.

2. Hook, Line, and Sinker.

3. People only play accordians to look funny.
Hey Erik - It looks like my entry scored highest...do I get the 100 points and the Prize Pile item? ;)

04-02-2006 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
:lol :blush
You got me.

I wasn't quite sure where this contest would go and was honestly waiting for the other shoe to drop (thinking some odd criteria would be introduced in the voting or something).

For the record
"1. The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda" is a real book of questions without any answers given. For example, "Which yellow bird fills its nest with lemons?" and "Where did the full moon leave its sack of flour tonight?" It's a very enjoyable read and it's instantly what this "contest" reminded me of when I saw this thread.

"2. It's a small, clear, glass box with a gold border along the edges. It's lying slightly askew in the sand dunes. The ladder is close by and rises forever straight up into the sky without any support. The horse is around somewhere, I think, but I don't know it that well. And the storm is mostly wind and lightening and it is still miles away." is my answer to an interesting personally test - The Cube

and "3. For tea too." is of course the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything.

04-02-2006 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
TripleM
Rank Points: 1377
Hmm. I thought it was a good contest anyway :D

and "3. For tea too." is of course the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything.

I thought that was the meaning of knife?
04-02-2006 at 10:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Chaco
Rank Points: 3640
In case anyone was wondering, two of my answers were from Dogbert. :)

04-03-2006 at 02:01 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2486
I'd hate to have seen the poll... *sees poll* ... um, if the contest had lasted until the 15th. I reckon it would have been worse than Predict the Future.

3. What is flat and silly? :P
04-03-2006 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
1) Because the thread's just too long to read.

2) Kill your brother. You'll feel better.

3) For the money.

04-03-2006 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
icon Re: Give Me An Answer (+1)  
Now now now... Ok, I fell for the joke, but after I posted my entries, I thought to myself what a silly contest this was, mainly because of the sheer size of the poll. But I think this does have legitimate contest potential to it, if you make it into a mind-reading exercise. Do it like this:

Erik (or whoever the contest runner is) comes up with a question, something fairly broad that doesn't have an exact answer, and keeps it a complete secret. Participants in the contest are alotted one "answer" each, and bring the deadline to about a week. After the deadline, the contest runner reveals what the question was, and a poll is held to determine which answer best fits the question.

Hmm... if this sounds like a good enough idea, I'm willing to be the contest runner for the next month in which a contest isn't planned. :)
04-03-2006 at 03:38 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2460
Yeah, I also figured it was an April Fool's thing, but, you know, what the hell, it was fun. :-)
04-03-2006 at 03:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
The Clown Principle:
Something looking like a stupid thing to do shouldn't prevent you from doing it.
The regrets of inaction are often worse than the regrets of looking stupid.

04-03-2006 at 07:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
What ClaytonW said. He must have stolen my thoughts, as I wouldn't have said anything different. Well, I wouldn't have said it quite as well, of course.
04-03-2006 at 07:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Amourav
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 31
1. Why didn't I think of that?
2. Genius.
3. My pocket watch stops on the Fourth of July.

04-14-2006 at 04:27 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
1) This is not a real contest. This is an April Fools joke thread.
2) No, I don't know why this therad is not locked.
3) The real contest is called "The Angry Man".

-- Tim (just in case anyone is still posting in this thread) ;)

04-14-2006 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Give Me An Answer (Our contest for April '06) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com