Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Big Wide World! (First Public Release.)
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: Big Wide World! (0)  
Nope, he has a valid bug. It'll be fixed in the next version, thanks!
03-12-2006 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Swivel sent me a bunch of really awesome rooms for the DBOD, go check it out! That's all in this update.
03-12-2006 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
A couple more things and then this update will be done. Can someone remind me how to record demos to put on the main menu? I know how to record them, but I don't know how to set them as demos.
03-16-2006 at 07:54 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Ezlo wrote:
A couple more things and then this update will be done. Can someone remind me how to record demos to put on the main menu? I know how to record them, but I don't know how to set them as demos.
From the room editor, hit F6 to go to the Demos Screen. Select the demo you want to show on the title screen and check the box on the right side of the screen that says something like "Show on title screen". Check demos in the order you want them to be shown.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-16-2006 08:18 PM]
03-16-2006 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chrysippus
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
OK, I give up. How on earth am I supposed to get into the Mount Rocky trail?
03-19-2006 at 02:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+1)  
At first you´ll have to solve the goblin quest (the first one, just a little south of Beethros house). After solving this you´ll find yourself next to a stair. Don´t use it now ! Before, follow the secret wall path that leads south and then you can unlock the Mountain Rocky Trail.
03-19-2006 at 10:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chrysippus
Yay! Thank you! (For some reason, I thought I'd already finished the Carver Clan, so I didn't think to check there again. Time for more caffeine...)
03-19-2006 at 05:10 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Ez, did you ever get the cameo room I e-mailed you?

03-23-2006 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yep, and it's in. Update will be soon, I promise. I'm creating some of the Rogue Architect's Quest. That's part of the North Pole.

EDIT: Here's da update. A big part of the North Pole quest is going to be a big joke/classes for begining Architects. :D Expect lots of "bad" rooms in the Don'ts class. Another class is going to be a "Slayer Seminar." It will cover the use and missuse of a slayer as a puzzle element. But of course it will all be canonized. I can't think of many other classes. Can you?

[Last edited by Ezlo at 03-23-2006 01:55 AM]
03-23-2006 at 01:15 AM
Ezlo
How stupid can you get! I forgot to put the new file up! :lol
03-23-2006 at 05:23 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
I think you should, like, get rid of the walls around Beethro's house/Carver Clan, Mt. Rocky, the Desert, etc. It doesn't make sense to have walls around an area, keeping you from going west, north, etc. I want to know what's West of Beethro's house, darn it!

03-23-2006 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Well, I have to have boundaries somewhere Don't I? Plus, I have to little time as it is to work on the story holds to work on the overworld to much. Has anyone noticed The Mirror Realm yet?
03-23-2006 at 08:45 PM
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+1)  
Yes; it's interesting. If something is powerful enough to
Click here to view the secret text
then I want to know about it.

03-23-2006 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
O_o'

03-23-2006 at 11:44 PM
Ezlo
Okay, you want to know my idea for how the UUM got moved? Here's the answer.

If you want to know the whole plot synopsis I can give you that too.
03-24-2006 at 11:59 AM
Swivel
Hmm. Do you mean

and not

because

03-25-2006 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
That's what I meant. Sorry. Hold progress will be stoped for a short time so I can work on something else.
03-25-2006 at 08:02 PM
Swivel
This is perhaps one of the most interesting plot lines I've ever heard of for a hold. So you're doing split universe stuff, right? Schrödinger's roach? I think that I'm going to like the finished product.

(But by the time I posted this, it's too late anyway.)

Now DROD is obviously a priority, but if you want to push something in its place, go ahead and break my heart. O:-

03-25-2006 at 08:24 PM
Ezlo
My other project IS Drod. I'm helping out Jacob with his Smitemaster.
03-25-2006 at 09:01 PM
Swivel
Oh, alright then. Good luck.
03-25-2006 at 09:02 PM
BoyBlue
Rank Points: 547
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+2)  
You asked for reports of spelling mistakes:

And Carver's Clan Floor 3 1N1W is easy to solve without opening all the doors. Place the mimic outside the room with 8 eyes, then guide it inside to kill the eyes.

04-07-2006 at 12:27 AM
Ezlo
Thanks for all the typos! Those will go into the next release. About the mimic killing eyes solution, that was intentional. I wanted to see who would actually see that way. Good catch! :thumbsup

If people are wondering what has happened to Big Wide World lately, I ran into some Architect's Block. Hopefully it will be up and runnig shortly. Keep up the bug reports!
04-07-2006 at 02:27 AM
Chrysippus
I'm fairly sure these things aren't supposed to be happening:

--entering the Pyramid of the Stable immediately dumps me back outside, with the message "Beethro exited the Pyramid of the Stable"
--after completing Pyramid of Bombs, taking the exit stairs dumps me back at the beginning, with the message "Beethro entered Pyramid of Bombs"

If that's intentional behavior, perhaps somebody could give me a hint about how to proceed with Pyramid of the Gates, which as things stand I can't effectively get into, since

04-22-2006 at 06:59 PM
Ezlo
Blech, I hate the taste of overlooked stair bugs! Thanks for reporting!
04-22-2006 at 07:09 PM
Ezlo
Architect's Block done! New version up. All that was one day's work.
04-27-2006 at 09:22 PM
Chrysippus
OK, stumped again: is there supposed to be a room beyond 1N in the Great Pyramid? There's no red/green/etc. wall, but Beethro won't leave 1N by the north exit.
04-29-2006 at 04:39 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I haven't played through this again, but one tihng caught my attention as I was looking through the huge basement level. There was one room (near the top, I think) that had one golem encased in a red wall. Maybe there was something I was missing, but it looked impossible to drop those trapdoors.

And as a side note, in my cameo room, entry should be forced from the south.

04-29-2006 at 07:32 PM
Ezlo
The great pyramid is very unfinished, that's where all the TCB element puzzles will go.

I can't force entry into any room besides the final three, sorry. But I'll make it that it's only solveable from the south.

That one I haven't figured out either, it's a Swivel room.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 04-29-2006 09:04 PM]
04-29-2006 at 08:59 PM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
You mean the golem on all the ortho squares? After you drop the red door you just need to lead the golem to one of the corners...

Edit: Sorry, I read your post wrong - the problem is dropping the red door! It's certainly possible.

Hint:

If that doesn't help:

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 04-30-2006 12:09 AM]
04-29-2006 at 11:38 PM
Ezlo
I don't know if those moves are right, but the idea works! Problem solved! Would you mind trying something else? A copule rooms east is another puzzle room. Three together infact. Can you solve those?
04-30-2006 at 12:44 AM
Page 2 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Big Wide World! (First Public Release.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com