Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
TinyTiger
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West (0)  
I read the other posts but I can't finish those two rooms =/ I'm always stuck :weep Any help please? :) I begin in 1 and I'm stuck in 2 =S.
01-22-2006 at 08:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West (+1)  
You need to exit this room almost directly Northwest of 2. Then you can kill the tar mother in the next room and come back into this room to get this tar mother. It's not easy, but the key thing is that you can't get to this tar mother without going into the other room first (and you can't get to the tar mother in the other room without starting in this room).

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-22-2006 at 08:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TinyTiger
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West (0)  
Thanks I'll try :D
01-22-2006 at 08:33 AM
TinyTiger
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West (+1)  
Ooooh I solved it :D :D :D Thanks a lot
01-22-2006 at 08:57 AM
skip
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West (0)  

I have been at #1 for hours. I have gone back and forth between the two rooms but I am stuck in both of them. Is there any way to reach a tar mother from here?
07-10-2006 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
You actually need to enter 1S2W from the open space just below where you are (10 squares south). Sad to say, the phrase "you can't get there from here" may be true in this case, and restarting the room may be the best option.

Good luck -
07-10-2006 at 07:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skip
Rank Points: 12
I have been trying to restart the room but it will not restart. It just keeps me right there at 1.
07-10-2006 at 07:27 PM
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West (+2)  

You're at 1. You need to be at 3 (it'll put you in postion to solve the next room). Go to 2 and from there you can get to 3.

I can give more details or even post a demo, but hopefully knowing it's possible should put you on the right track.
07-10-2006 at 07:54 PM
Gas75
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
icon The best "way"? (0)  
What's the best "way" to move into this hard and big tar?
Thanks.

08-09-2006 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
Your entry point is at 1.

08-09-2006 at 05:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gas75
Okay... I start from the north of the room and go on your "1", but there is a 2 squares tar and I can't move to west, only to east or south: east gives me no more chances, south cause me always a tar-trap caused by "30 moves"... :weep

08-09-2006 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Have you tried following this path?

08-09-2006 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gas75
Yes, I tried a lot of times that way, always trapped by tar "babies"... :( If you say that's the best, I'll do it again (I also tried to enter from NW angle, E and SE angle...

08-09-2006 at 09:11 PM
key-smiter
Gas75 wrote:
Yes, I tried a lot of times that way, always trapped by tar "babies"... :(
There are a few spots in many tar rooms - like, in fact, this very first part here - where a "pause" (the "5" key) move or two is much better than charging ahead full-steam.
08-09-2006 at 10:41 PM
Gas75
I know the "pause trick" for tar :yes , but this doens't help me so much... :~( If I have pauses, the destrying work is deleted and the tar's eyes are still far.

Actually I've moved a bit on the west room so now I start the 1s1w from the 2nd free place on the bottom left... But all ways I try are closed by a "2 squares" tar :no , beyond the unpretty tar babies, of course...

08-09-2006 at 11:04 PM
McFrugal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
You've made some progress, but you can't move very far into the Western room from that location. Go back into the Eastern room and try moving South some more.

[Last edited by McFrugal at 08-10-2006 04:30 AM]
08-10-2006 at 04:28 AM
Gas75
Yes, I meant I am on the eastern tar's room.
But all ways to move to the tar "eyes" are closed by 2 squares tar... :no
Am I so blind to not see a good passage? :-O

[Last edited by Gas75 at 08-10-2006 09:16 AM]
08-10-2006 at 09:15 AM
Gas75
I did them both!!! :thumbsup
The western before, then the eastern was so easy entering through the correct way...

Now my problem is a bit silly: how can I EXIT now? -_-

08-10-2006 at 10:57 AM
Chaco
Well, I suggest going back out the way you came. Be careful though, as this time the tar won't grow back if you make a mistake.

08-10-2006 at 06:29 PM
Gas75
Thanks, I exit from tars by myself after a lot of trying...
24 is not an hard level, except in these pair of rooms, very difficult!

Now I'm on level 25...
Click here to view the secret text

08-10-2006 at 11:08 PM
wiseoldman
Rank Points: 50
Oneiromancer wrote:
You need to exit this room almost directly Northwest of 2. Then you can kill the tar mother in the next room and come back into this room to get this tar mother. It's not easy, but the key thing is that you can't get to this tar mother without going into the other room first (and you can't get to the tar mother in the other room without starting in this room).

Game on,

These two rooms, 1S1W amd 1S2W, are just about impossible. I took me an hour to cut my way out of 1S1W after I killed the mother there, which I only could be after killing the mother in 1S2W. I though I would never get out. Man ... I would like to see how the designers made those two rooms, i.e. how can you figure out ahead of time how to do them. My hat is off to them.

[Last edited by wiseoldman at 12-25-2006 05:35 PM]
12-25-2006 at 04:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
wiseoldman wrote:
These two rooms, 1S1W amd 1S2W, are just about impossible. I took me an hour to cut my way out of 1S1W after I killed the mother there, which I only could be after killing the mother in 1S2W. I though I would never get out. Man ... I would like to see how the designers made those two rooms, i.e. how can you figure out ahead of time how to do them. My hat is off to them.
Well the designer is Erik, so... 'nuff said.
12-27-2006 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Knightmare44
Rank Points: 13
sorry to revive a dormant topic, but which side am I trying to exit the tar from after clearing both rooms? I can make zero progress on either attempts, so maybe a kick in the general direction would get me going =(
05-09-2007 at 02:43 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
As Chaco explained several posts up, the only way to get out is to backtrack. Go back out by the same route you came in. You have to go back and forth between the rooms.
05-09-2007 at 05:13 AM
DCLeadboot
Rank Points: 17

File: Snapshot.jpg (263.5 KB)
Downloaded 88 times.
License: Public Domain
I know this may be dragging up an old thread, but I am seriously stuck between these two tar rooms!
I've gone back and forth between both rooms, I've got nowhere and no I put forward my final verdict... this is impossible!!

To prove me wrong, I need some explicit guidelines to definitely make an end of both tar mothers!

(My current position is shown in the snapshot - and I've tried to get to other entrances lower down. It's impossible for me to do so)

[Last edited by DCLeadboot at 05-29-2008 12:44 AM]
05-29-2008 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
You should be able to loop around the 2x2 wall block a few squares southeast of you, and thus exit westward through the corridor just south of you.

In any 2-wide corridor, there will be occasions where you need to attack the tar from the side. For example, you will need to make the final tar cut (just before exiting the room) from the north.

Hope this helps -
05-29-2008 at 01:40 AM
Trafalgar
Rank Points: 31
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2MQhdnBCQA&t=85s

I remembered beating a similar room like that. As long as you truly UNDERSTOOD how you beat 17-1N-2W

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMtK5wIHU0&t=65s

03-23-2021 at 04:54 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon : Twenty-Fourth Level : 1 South, 1 West & 1 South, 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com