Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : N (Pretty ninja game with cool physics)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 509
IP: Logged
icon N (+1)  
I found this game quite a long time ago. It's just about a ninja who has to go through levels

I loved it, so I thought of sharing it with all of you.

[Last edited by Bombadil at 11-10-2005 01:44 PM]
11-06-2005 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
icon Re: N (0)  
I've been playing this game for a long time now. I love it. They have some really sweet levels online as well. :D I think I'll post my own level here in a coupla days. :fun
11-06-2005 at 09:23 PM
Krishh
Rank Points: 282
Athough it's hard to search for it given the name, it has been mentioned here a couple of times.

This gives me an idea I'm too lazy to do myself: A sticky here detailing every somewhat notable game talked about on this forum with a link to the post in which it was mentioned. At least the most popular ones. Would save a lot of confusion and reduntancy, and clean up the board.
11-06-2005 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yeah, this game was brought up in the Good Action Games thread (in the very first post, actually), and then another thread was started where I pointed out the original game, and now there's this one. Definitely a pain for the game to only have 1 letter.

Searching for "ninja" reveals both older threads, though.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-06-2005 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
Bombadil wrote:
I loved it, so I thought of sharing it with all of you.

N was a very good game. However, I don't think that I got just the game when I downloaded the zip file.

If fact, after I got the game, my computer speed/efficiency decreased dramatically. At one point I had over 50 processes running, and it's not good. At all. (I use Windows XP.)

So download the game if you want, but remember my woes. And buy some sort o' anti-spyware thing.

Heaven knows if I'm being keylogged right now. If I am, hackers would know my DROD forum password and would probably abuse it by posting things such as "Visit here for mimic beastiality." Matt Cramp clearly prohibits this kind of linking in the FAQ.
11-07-2005 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
I can pretty much guarantee that N does not contain any spyware, virii, or anything of the sort. At least not if you download it off of the official site.

11-07-2005 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Swivel
Rank Points: 236
That was probably my mistake. Though I'm no novice, I suppose that I was hoodwinked.

Also, I was guilty of cum hoc ergo propter hoc. In English, if one thing is correlated to another they cause eachother. Like,

I downloaded N.
At the same time, I got spyware.
Thus, N caused the spyware.

I repent. I won't do it again.

11-07-2005 at 03:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Swivel wrote:
Matt Cramp clearly prohibits this kind of linking in the FAQ.

Duuuude, I'm like, an enforcer!

Oh, wait, I'm a mod. Nevermind! Nothing to see here!

11-07-2005 at 05:07 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Hah. I play this game all the time. The N board was where Oneiromancer convinced me to join. You can find me over there as Maniac. My custom levels are under Maniak (don't ask)

11-21-2005 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: N (+1)  
Hah!

I knew it was you Maniac :) Was considering asking (seen your avatar) but thought it might just be a standard forumer one.

N is one of 2 games which have seriously damaged my social life (guess the other ;)). I gave up once the whole 500 level pack got introduced. Interestingly, I finished N in 13th, and I'm currently 13th at DROD.

Lucky number huh ?

[EDIT - next day]

And had I waited 50 minutes more, it would have been the 13th of Jan... and Friday nonetheless! :)

Interestingly, I got with my gf on Friday the 13th October 2000. What's more, about 5 months ago, I bumped into one of my best friends Jenny after 6 years of losing contact. Turns out she'd got herself a bloke a while back who she's still with...

You guessed it... they got together Friday 13th October 2000. Exact same day as me and my gf...

---

Hmmm... Having worked things out, I split with the girl of 2000 exactly 13 weeks ago to the day, and have since been going out with my new gf, who happens to be Jenny's sister.

Guess what... I first met her when we were both 13...

[:speechless:]

[Last edited by Syntax at 01-13-2006 07:24 PM]
01-12-2006 at 11:10 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Syntax wrote:
N is one of 2 games which have seriously damaged my social life

Why not of your 13 games?

Sorry.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

01-13-2006 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Syntax wrote:
Hah!

I knew it was you Maniac :) Was considering asking (seen your avatar) but thought it might just be a standard forumer one.

N is one of 2 games which have seriously damaged my social life (guess the other ;)). I gave up once the whole 500 level pack got introduced. Interestingly, I finished N in 13th, and I'm currently 13th at DROD.

Lucky number huh ?

[EDIT - next day]

And had I waited 50 minutes more, it would have been the 13th of Jan... and Friday nonetheless! :)

Interestingly, I got with my gf on Friday the 13th October 2000. What's more, about 5 months ago, I bumped into one of my best friends Jenny after 6 years of losing contact. Turns out she'd got herself a bloke a while back who she's still with...

You guessed it... they got together Friday 13th October 2000. Exact same day as me and my gf...

---

Hmmm... Having worked things out, I split with the girl of 2000 exactly 13 weeks ago to the day, and have since been going out with my new gf, who happens to be Jenny's sister.

Guess what... I first met her when we were both 13...

[:speechless:]

I thought about asking, but figured it was you anyway and it didn't hurt to not ask :)

01-22-2006 at 10:36 PM
Chalks
Rank Points: 267
Chalks wrote:
I've been playing this game for a long time now. I love it. They have some really sweet levels online as well. :D I think I'll post my own level here in a coupla days. :fun

Well... it's been quite a bit more than a "coupla days" but... here's my level! Copy the following text and paste it onto the bottom of the file "userlevels.txt" in your N directory.

Remember, it's a DDA (don't do anything)... so, DON'T!

It will do everything by itself. :D

edit: made the post easier to read. :)

[Last edited by Chalks at 03-25-2006 11:01 PM]
03-25-2006 at 10:58 PM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Chalks wrote:
Well... it's been quite a bit more than a "coupla days" but... here's my level!

Kinda funny... ^^ I had to "re-install" N to watch it... I hope I don't get addicted to it again...
03-30-2006 at 08:10 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : N (Pretty ninja game with cool physics)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com