Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Level 11 (Please help with Level 11)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Please help with Level 11
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
taimun
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Level 11 (0)  

08-06-2005 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Level 11 (0)  
...What?
08-06-2005 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Why can't I vote? I really want to.
Level 11 gets 8/10 in my opinion.

But seriously folks, people asking for help should really go to the hints and solutions board.

08-06-2005 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Unless they're not asking help for DROD. Who knows, maybe this was supposed to be a god tower help request.
08-06-2005 at 10:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Whatever it is about, he definitely needs help.

Maybe I shouldn't laugh at people with communication problems though.

08-07-2005 at 03:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Perhaps he hit level 11 in an RPG, instead, and needs to know what to do now?
08-07-2005 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Level 11 (+1)  
You want to go to the city and advance the plot. Talk to everyone, and eventually you'll get a cutscene.

08-07-2005 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Oh, and in case you're having trouble...

Click here to view the secret text

08-07-2005 at 09:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
Ah yes, the level 11.
First, take a walk around and shoot down all the shotgun guys or heavy weapon dudes. Watch out for cacodemons, but there's no need to pay atention to imps or hell knights. Just keep moving and they won't hit you. Once you're reasonably safe, head for the bridge. Watch out - there are 2 or so arachnotrons upstairs. Once you're done, approach the room above (the one with vertical metal bars). But be careful - once you enter it, a box with archville opens up. He can't leave the room, so all you really have to do is to grab the keycard and get out.
The red keycard opens the door near start of the level (down, past the acid pool). There are some demons and lost souls inside, and Baron of Hell ready to shoot your back. At the end you'll find a switch. Press it, then go back to the circle. (Look closely for switches which will lover sections of circle for you). You should be able to access the block in the middle now, and - more importantly - a wall blocking bridge just opposite will lower. There's a bridge above pool of acid, with cacodemons and lost souls on both sides. Take them out carefully.
You'll come to a big room full of monsters, including nasty Pain Elemental. A good place for plasma riffle, or your trusty Super Shotgun if you're feeling cocky. Once you clear the room, you should see a lift down. Jump down there, take out the arachnotron. There are lifts on both sides. Take both lifts up and press both switches. The exit should be open now.

Of course, I didn't list secret passages here, but you just wanted to finish the level, right ?

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml

[Last edited by b0rsuk at 08-07-2005 05:08 PM]
08-07-2005 at 05:05 PM
Doom
b0rsuk wrote:
Ah, Doom 2-L11...
I completed that level earlier today, because of this topic. Of course, your monster descriptions don't apply to all difficulty settings.
08-07-2005 at 05:37 PM
Banjooie
Actually, by level 11, you oughta be good enough to handle everything over the Beanstalk. Quaff a few reagant potions if you can, get your items, and go defeat the Naughty Sorceress.
08-07-2005 at 07:25 PM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
(It's ridiculous. It's not even funny.)

The best hold in the world!
08-07-2005 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Doom wrote:
b0rsuk wrote:
Ah, Doom 2-L11...
I completed that level earlier today, because of this topic. Of course, your monster descriptions don't apply to all difficulty settings.

If you mean Nightmare (or Co-op) there's a Cyberdemon in the middle. And it's been few years since I played that level, so please forgive me.

08-08-2005 at 08:22 PM
Doom
I meant, that on lower difficulty settings there are less monsters. (For example, no arachnotrons on two easiest difficulties)
I never play on Nightmare or Co-op, so I don't know about those. U-V forever!

borsuk wrote:
And it's been few years since I played that level, so please forgive me.
You wrote that from memory after few years?! If yes, that's very impressive...
08-08-2005 at 08:27 PM
b0rsuk
Doom wrote:
I meant, that on lower difficulty settings there are less monsters. (For example, no arachnotrons on two easiest difficulties)
I never play on Nightmare or Co-op, so I don't know about those. U-V forever!

Actually, my several is closer to "3 or so" in this case. I remember I played Zdoom and Doom Legacy a lot, even after Quake3 was out.

About Nightmare: no, I don't really play it (althrough I played it just a bit on cooperative: you can respawn, even if weapons don't).
For a long time I used to believe Nightmare is inhuman difficulty level... but I know I'd be able to finish the game on this difficulty now.
What made me change my mind was a demo recorded by a Russian (I think) guy... Not only did he complete the game in 20something minutes, on nightmare, but without all doubt HE DID SO USING KEYBOARD ONLY. Jaw-dropping....

You should be able to find the demo fairly easy using google - I managed to do it. (keywords Doom2 nightmare). However, as far as I remember it won't run with Zdoom or Legacy, because they use processed .wads . I solved that by using Prboom - out of all source ports this one is the least invasive, and consists mostly of cosmetic changes (like opengl, heh) and bugfixes.

08-19-2005 at 05:24 PM
Doom
I found accidentally a 28-minute nightmare speedrun in avi format while looking for a speedrun for another game. I had tried watching that kind of demo before in-game, but the demo went out of sync, because my game version was different. Anyway, that was quite impressive watching.

I'll try the ZDoom, but I'll propably keep using Doomsday...

[Last edited by Doom at 08-20-2005 12:25 PM]
08-20-2005 at 11:41 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Level 11 (Please help with Level 11) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com