Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : 1-level E-Z hold (Just some stupid thing to waste your time >:))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

2.8/10 (66 votes)
σ 2.06
Author Name:SKWERLL
Submitted By:
Hold Name:1-level E-Z hold
Theme:Just some stupid thing to waste your time >:)
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:8
Number of Monsters:158
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: 1level EZ hold.hold (4 KB)
Downloaded 3507 times.
License: Other
icon 1-level E-Z hold  
Rate it what you like, give nice or hurtful comments, whatever, but give me a break, cuz this is my first hold, it's stupid, timewasting, EASY, boring, blah blah blah...
02-22-2004 at 03:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: 1-level E-Z hold (0)  
The only thing terribly wrong with this hold is the abusive scrolls. Most of the rooms were just thrown together, but 1S1E showed some thought process involved in its creation. It wasn't terribly entertaining, but it also only took about 5 minutes to play, so it's not like much time was invested in it.

My honest opinion is that if the scrolls were removed, and much of 3S were removed, this would be a decent five-minute hold. If you seek a short little diversion, go ahead and download, but fear the totally abusive scrolls.

02-22-2004 at 09:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
This hold is a still a nice way to pass the time, though.....

A very short time, that is. :)

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
02-22-2004 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Short, and mostly harmless - though indeed the scrolls were annoying.

And it seems to have been named after me... Oh well, maybe not.

02-22-2004 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
Eh, yeh know how you were talking about this hold and how E-Z it was? Well THAT WAS THE POINT! :D Well anyway about the scrolls they were written by the dark evil guy who writes scrolls and forces them into my game so don't blame me, blame yourself for going for my :)pointless:) scrolls. Well anyway I am currently in the proccess of making the MULTI-LEVEL E-Z HOLD I mean it's not like you WANT it, blah blah blah...

EDIT 08/03/05: Oh, god I was stupid back then. I need to look into changing the wording on this post.

[Last edited by SKWERLL at 08-03-2005 09:11 PM]
02-25-2004 at 03:25 AM
dividendD
Rank Points: 44
I tried to get the hold and got it. But it never let me put it into the "Homemade"File.
03-31-2004 at 11:21 PM
DiMono
That's a browser issue, dividend, not a hold issue. You should be able to go in to the browser's preferences and set the download options to always ask where to put files.

04-01-2004 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CrazyDiamond
Rank Points: 38
too easy and too short

06-29-2004 at 09:58 PM
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: 1-level E-Z hold (+2)  
CrazyDiamond wrote:
too easy and too short

That's why its called the 1-level E-Z hold and its not called the "Multi-level soulcrushing epic dungeon of peril" or "Bavato's" (esperanto for "Multi-level, soulcrushing, epic, and perilous")

As a matter of fact, it has one of the more descriptive names around. "Tar Time", for example is not a time, but is actually a hold, ImpossibleCubes is actually possible, and Happyhouse is actually been feeling quite under the weather lately.

06-30-2004 at 02:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CrazyDiamond
Rank Points: 38
how can I collect points?
i have to finish other holds?
how many points for every hold?
in the normal version of drod i finished all the 25 levels...is there any way to move my old victory to architets edition?
thank you for asking!!
07-02-2004 at 10:08 PM
DiMono
icon Re: 1-level E-Z hold (+1)  
Hey, welcome to the forums. I assume you're talking about Rank Points, and they don't have anything to do with the game; they're kept entirely within the forums. When you make a post here that someone likes, they may mark it as Good, and you will get a rank point. If you make a post here that someone doesn't like, they may mark it as Bad (but we're all pretty good about only doing that if the post is offensive or unnecessarily rude or something), and you would lose a rank point.

In general, if your posts are meant to be helpful and are not harsh, your rank points should continue going up and up, leading to peace on earth and death to the pod-people.

As for transferring your victory over to Architect's Edition, I'll have to defer to someone who knows more about that than I. I think that if you install AE over your current version, the appropriate files are preserved and so is your completion of Dugan's Dungeon, but I won't guarantee it.

07-03-2004 at 05:00 AM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
DiMono wrote:
As for transferring your victory over to Architect's Edition, I'll have to defer to someone who knows more about that than I. I think that if you install AE over your current version, the appropriate files are preserved and so is your completion of Dugan's Dungeon, but I won't guarantee it.

I'd advise not to install over your old version or delete it subsequently.

As long as you have not moved the 1.5 version from its original location, when you install DROD 1.6, the program will automatically copy over your data for you (although behaviour changes will damage some demos).

It's a good idea to keep the 1.5, since it acts as a backup just in case your 1.6 crashes, which it rarely does, but notably can, so saving your progress in Dugan's Dungeon.

Installing in the same folder, I think, replaces the .dat files for DROD, which means you lose the data stored in them.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-04-2004 at 01:30 AM GMT]

07-04-2004 at 02:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SKWERLL
Rank Points: 77
Also, if your posts are stupid, random, or pointless when they're not supposed to be, like my last post on this discussion thingy, you could get modded down.

The best hold in the world!
07-12-2004 at 08:10 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: 1-level E-Z hold (+1)  
Difficulty Between Easy and Medium. Nice design. :) But theres something annoying in this Level Set. Spam ! :~( One or two spam scroll are funny but in this hold were too much of these.....

Nice level set. Good for beginners like me ;)
01-03-2005 at 12:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
Drizzo wrote:

That's why its called the 1-level E-Z hold and its not called the "Multi-level soulcrushing epic dungeon of peril" or "Bavato's" (esperanto for "Multi-level, soulcrushing, epic, and perilous")

As a matter of fact, it has one of the more descriptive names around. "Tar Time", for example is not a time, but is actually a hold, ImpossibleCubes is actually possible, and Happyhouse is actually been feeling quite under the weather lately.

Hehe, hilarious.

I kinda do agree with it being too easy and too short, and the scrolls were rather annoying. Someone was in a rush while making this hold.

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 06-23-2006 03:57 PM]
04-17-2006 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Heh, just completed this hold.

Fun for about 10 minutes. Actually, it took me a lot longer because I forgot to clean a room halfway the hold so that I have to restore again...

Not the best of holds, but it has its uses. :)

-- Tim

06-10-2006 at 08:33 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
The puzzles were actually okay for a beginner hold, and I would have voted it higher if not for the fact that the scrolls were just too abusive. As it stands you get a 2 fun and a 3 difficulty. Hope your next hold is a little less abrasive. :)
01-12-2007 at 02:51 AM
Giant-Nator22
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 2
I would like to ask, how do you get this, really easy hold?

09-07-2007 at 12:55 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Giant-Nator22 wrote:
I would like to ask, how do you get this, really easy hold?
1) Click on the file link to the left of the top post and save it on your computer.

2) Open DROD, click Play Game, and then click Change Location.

3) In the change location screen, press Import, and choose the file you just downloaded.

Have fun! :)
09-07-2007 at 01:16 AM
Giant-Nator22
Of course that's the thing. I don't know where this top post thing is. So there's no way to get to the left of it. The rest, I think I can figure out.

09-08-2007 at 05:49 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
These messages we type are called "posts".

So scroll up to the top message on this page, from "admin". The attachment is on the left hand side of that message.
09-08-2007 at 05:52 AM
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
There's also the option of going here, of course. Yay nifty sorting orders and stuff...

09-08-2007 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Giant-Nator22
Amazing. Simply amazing. Here's what I did.

1st. I opened it, not with firefox, but with TCB.

2nd. Well, that's about it.

Thanks! :thumbsup

09-08-2007 at 04:06 PM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: 1-level E-Z hold (+3)  
It was okay. Better than a lot of first holds that I've seen but nothing particularly fascinating. Thanks for putting some time into it and sharing though!

05-24-2011 at 01:31 PM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
Finished this in the first Alphabet Stream. Lives up to its own name and description.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

01-22-2017 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : 1-level E-Z hold (Just some stupid thing to waste your time >:)) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com