Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Spherical hold (It's a hold see, and it's not spherical)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Strabo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
IP: Logged

File: Spherical Hold.hold (14.1 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Other
icon Spherical hold (+4)  
I don't know what to say, it's just the first two levels of my first new JtRH hold. There may be other levels, there may not.

[Edited by Strabo at Local Time:06-13-2005 at 05:35 PM]

[Edited by Strabo at Local Time:06-14-2005 at 02:01 PM]
05-06-2005 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Spherical hold (+1)  
Very nice hold. Some devious rooms. Several turn out easier than they look, due to lynchpin solutions.
Would encourage you to expand on this hold.
Some comments:
Click here to view the secret text

05-08-2005 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Strabo
icon Re: Spherical hold (0)  
Jacob wrote:
Very nice hold. Some devious rooms. Several turn out easier than they look, due to lynchpin solutions.
Would encourage you to expand on this hold.
Some comments:

Could someone give me demos for all the rooms, please. I think there are a lot of unintentional solutions here...
05-09-2005 at 10:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Will try and post my demos soon, however I am not accessing the net from the computer I run DROD on, and I've never actually made a demo before, so am making no promises.

05-09-2005 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob

File: demos.zip (7.5 KB)
Downloaded 58 times.
License: Other
Voila, some demos.
(Actually, watching these victory demos is quite embarassing. I get to see how inefficient and slow I am doing levels. Anyway, will illustrate my solutions.)

05-11-2005 at 09:18 PM
Strabo
Okay, there's a major new update. This would've been released sooner, but I accidentally deleted my new level, so I had to start all over again.

Anyway, there's a new level, and Point 1N1E has been changed substantially, as well as every non-secret room in Line. The changes were mostly to remove unintended solutions.

[Edited by Strabo at Local Time:06-13-2005 at 05:41 PM]
06-13-2005 at 05:37 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
What version of JtRH are you using?

The exported hold file seems to suffer from a bug that should have been fixed in 2.0.3. The problem is that there are two rooms using a custom floor, but the image isn't included in the hold-file, so the import will fail. If you're using the latest patch, then this should probably be reported to Mike.

06-13-2005 at 09:15 PM
Strabo
Stefan wrote:
What version of JtRH are you using?

The exported hold file seems to suffer from a bug that should have been fixed in 2.0.3. The problem is that there are two rooms using a custom floor, but the image isn't included in the hold-file, so the import will fail. If you're using the latest patch, then this should probably be reported to Mike.

What? There shouldn't be any rooms using a coustom floor.
No, I'm not using the latest patch. But that will change very soon.

Edit: Okay, now I am using the latest patch. I've re-exported the hold file and replaced the attachment in the first host.

[Edited by Strabo at Local Time:06-14-2005 at 02:03 PM]
06-14-2005 at 01:37 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Spherical hold (It's a hold see, and it's not spherical)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com