Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Testers Needed for Mac OS X. (2.0.16 and 3.3.0)
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
IP: Logged
icon Re: Testers Needed for Mac OS X. (0)  
Notably, I haven't been able to import The Choice or King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 into DROD 3.1.

I decided to test whether it was sound clips that was causing the problem by downloading and importing Witherwood Castle into DROD 3.1. However, Witherwood Castle imported successfully.

So far I haven't been able to figure out one set of criteria that fits all the holds I can't import, so I'll have to make a list of all the holds I can't import at some point.

10-27-2007 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Testers Needed for Mac OS X. (+1)  
I was testing a hold of mine with a bunch of scripting, and drod crashed giving me this:

Assertion error in line 155 of ../../DROD/DrodBitmapManager.cpp: "!style.empty()"

about ten times.

10-28-2007 at 09:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Yeah. I think I fixed these bugs. (One endian issue and one memory heisenbug issue.) I got a new build ready, but my home computer doesn't want to connect to the Caravel pages any longer since this weekend. I'm guessing it could be a DNS issue (or IP address change?). Once I get it resolved, I'll post 3.1 rc2.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-29-2007 06:36 PM]
10-29-2007 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Here's the new TCB 3.1.0 demo build.

10-30-2007 at 02:28 AM
Jason
Woo! Downloading.

10-30-2007 at 07:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
I can confirm that in this new build both Terrakept Resonant and Below Witherwood imported successfully. Looks like you successfully fixed that hold import bug :)

10-30-2007 at 10:45 AM
Jason
Yes, they both work for me as well. No problems so far!

10-30-2007 at 04:03 PM
Jason
I forget exactly what I was doing, but drod crashed giving me this:
Assertion error in line 888 of ../../DRODLib/DbBase.cpp: "!messageIDsMarkedForDeletion.has(eMessageID)"
Assertion error in line 888 of ../../DRODLib/DbBase.cpp: "!messageIDsMarkedForDeletion.has(eMessageID)"

11-01-2007 at 07:18 AM
mrimer
Jason wrote:
I forget exactly what I was doing, but drod crashed giving me this:
Hmm...This error message could indicate some corrupted data in the .dat files, but I'm betting it was already there before, and hopefully it's nothing not too serious. In any event, this error message wouldn't be directly related to a crash -- just possibly a symptom of some bad data. I don't think this would be a Mac-specific issue. If you find a way to reproduce the crash, please let me know how you do it.

11-01-2007 at 03:11 PM
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
So, out of curiosity... what's the current status on the 2.0.16 and the 3.1 updates, here? I've not seen any news in a while.

11-29-2007 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Hikari wrote:
So, out of curiosity... what's the current status on the 2.0.16 and the 3.1 updates, here? I've not seen any news in a while.

I was wondering the same... And when are we able to buy the CD version and the 'Shiny box' version? When DROD was released in April, there where already notes of the CD version and when it would be shipped. I know there where some problems to be dealt with(all nasty bugs in DROD 3.0) but I thought that was solved now. :huh
11-29-2007 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
I've posted the 3.1.0 Mac OS X version of TCB (full version) to the DROD site Downloads page. Registered TCB users with CaravelNet may download it.

Edit: We are still planning on shipping out the Deluxe CD version. We'd like to fix up the last few outstanding reported bugs before then so everyone may have as close to a pristine item as possible.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-29-2007 07:33 PM]
11-29-2007 at 07:31 PM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
mrimer wrote:
I've posted the 3.1.0 Mac OS X version of TCB (full version) to the DROD site Downloads page. Registered TCB users with CaravelNet may download it.

Edit: We are still planning on shipping out the Deluxe CD version. We'd like to fix up the last few outstanding reported bugs before then so everyone may have as close to a pristine item as possible.

Thank you! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
12-20-2007 at 03:52 AM
Hikari
So, uh.... looks like Mac users are left behind again, at least for the moment. Is there anything like an ETA on when TCB 3.2 for OSX will be available?

05-10-2008 at 09:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Hikari wrote:
So, uh.... looks like Mac users are left behind again, at least for the moment. Is there anything like an ETA on when TCB 3.2 for OSX will be available?
You're just in time! Here's the demo version of TCB 3.2 for OS X (attached). Please try it out and verify that the game screens and usual operations seem to run fine. If so, I'll upload the full 3.2 build for download by registered TCB owners.

05-10-2008 at 05:49 PM
Hikari
Everything seems to be working fine as far as I can tell, with *one* notable exception.

My normal screen gamma doesn't match where I like it for DROD purposees. Normally when I'm playing DROD, the program adjusts my screen gamma to the level I have set in the game upon loading up. In this version, I have to go into the settings menu and actually click on the slider-bar in order to get it to load the gamma settings. Every single time. It doesn't seem terribly interested in adjusting the gamma until it's received a user command to do so.

[Last edited by Hikari at 05-11-2008 05:00 AM]
05-11-2008 at 04:30 AM
mrimer
Hikari wrote:
Everything seems to be working fine as far as I can tell, with *one* notable exception.

My normal screen gamma doesn't match where I like it for DROD purposees. Normally when I'm playing DROD, the program adjusts my screen gamma to the level I have set in the game upon loading up. In this version, I have to go into the settings menu and actually click on the slider-bar in order to get it to load the gamma settings. Every single time. It doesn't seem terribly interested in adjusting the gamma until it's received a user command to do so.
Thanks for testing everything and reporting this issue. I thought I had fixed a gamma issue, but it looks like I broke gamma initing instead. Here's a build where it's back the way it was before. Would you test it again? Thanks.

05-11-2008 at 06:10 AM
Hikari
Looks like that fixed the gamma problem... Was that the only change you made? I don't want to go through testing everything else over again if you didn't tweak anything else...

05-11-2008 at 06:49 AM
mrimer
Hikari wrote:
Looks like that fixed the gamma problem... Was that the only change you made? I don't want to go through testing everything else over again if you didn't tweak anything else...
Yes, that's the only thing. Thanks for checking the gamma again. Since everything looks good, I'm going to upload the demo and full versions to the CaravelGames site, etc. sometime in the next 24 hours. I'll make mention of it on the official patch thread on the General Board when the Mac version becomes available.

05-11-2008 at 04:05 PM
Blooloo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
I had a glitch with 3.2!!! Sometimes, I can't move or wait.I can only rotate or restart! it is only occasional but still worth fixing!

05-22-2008 at 03:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Blooloo wrote:
I had a glitch with 3.2!!! Sometimes, I can't move or wait.I can only rotate or restart! it is only occasional but still worth fixing!
Sure, that would be worth fixing, but I am unable to reproduce that problem on my 3.2 installation. Would you please provide more information on how to make this happen?

05-22-2008 at 04:14 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Sounds like NumLock to me.

05-22-2008 at 05:51 PM
mrimer
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Sounds like NumLock to me.
Heh heh. I was about to suggest reassigning the command keys and see if that fixes something, but then my fuzzy brain thought, "Naw...it can't be something affecting all those keys at once, could it?" :P

05-22-2008 at 11:01 PM
Connor
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Heeeeey I have a eMac running 10.4.11.
Do you still want more testers?

MAKIN' THE MONEY (just kidding about that last part)
05-20-2009 at 12:28 AM
mrimer
Connor wrote:
Heeeeey I have a eMac running 10.4.11.
Do you still want more testers?
Thank you for asking. No, we don't need any more beta testing, so I can probably unsticky this thread now. Please go ahead and try out the demo OS X versions of the games, though, if you'd like to verify they are working for you.

05-25-2009 at 05:13 PM
mrimer

File: drodrpg-osx-demo-1.2.0.build56.dmg (51.4 MB)
Downloaded 39 times.
License: Public Domain
icon OS X Power PC: DROD RPG 1.2.0.56 beta build (demo) (0)  
I have a couple fresh, new Mac OS X Power PC builds available for testing.

First, there's a DROD:TCB 3.3.0.96 demo build available here.

Also, I've just built a new DROD RPG 1.2.0.56 beta demo build and am attaching it here. DROD RPG needs more love, but I'm not sure when we'll be able to get back to it. In the meantime, here's all of the latest goodness available on other platforms, now on Mac.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-20-2012 02:58 AM]
03-20-2012 at 02:55 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Nuts. The RPG application crashes and won't launch. I'm running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. :( Same thing with TCB, as I'd mentioned in the other thread.

Hoping things go better next time around, sir. :)

[Last edited by Lamkin at 03-20-2012 12:42 PM]
03-20-2012 at 12:39 PM
mrimer
Lamkin wrote:
Nuts. The RPG application crashes and won't launch. I'm running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. :( Same thing with TCB, as I'd mentioned in the other thread.

Hoping things go better next time around, sir. :)
Hmmm...I wonder what the problem is.

03-20-2012 at 02:22 PM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: Testers Needed for Mac OS X. (+2)  
Posting crash log on the off chance that it'll be helpful:
Click here to view the secret text

03-20-2012 at 10:22 PM
mrimer
Thanks, Lamkin.

This might be very helpful. Admittedly, I can't really make out what the above log is telling me, but it seems like DROD died before it did much of anything. Maybe the issue here is with the dynamic libraries the game depends on. I don't seem them listed above. It's possible they didn't get packaged properly in the application bundle.

Can any Mac-savvy devs check out the dependencies in the bundle here?

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-21-2012 06:27 AM]
03-21-2012 at 06:25 AM
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Testers Needed for Mac OS X. (2.0.16 and 3.3.0)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com