Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Parity & Flow: Phase I : 3: Starry Eyes : 3 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2457
IP: Logged
icon Parity & Flow: Phase I : 3: Starry Eyes : 3 South, 1 West (0)  
So the general shape of this room is simple enough - wake up the eyes, ferry them over to the mainland, get them to follow you through the passage and close it behind you.

But there are two problems. The first is move order. It seems the eyes have to be in exactly the right order or some of them will break off and go through the other end of the passage.

The other issue is timing the orb hit so that, if I do somehow get the eyes lined up properly, the far end of the passage actually closes when the last one is inside, and not too early or too late.

So my question is, how do I actually arrange these things to work? Because I'm not seeing any good options.
08-20-2024 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Parity & Flow: Phase I : 3: Starry Eyes : 3 South, 1 West (0)  
I realized that due to the orthosquare, the eyes wouldn't try to back out of the passage, so I don't have to worry about timing. But lining up the eyes still feels very unreasonable. I even managed to flail around enough to get them in order... but the last eye still moved north. Apparently I had to have it further south.

So I think I'm just going to ask for a demo here.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 08-20-2024 02:38 AM]
08-20-2024 at 02:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2394

File: eyes.png (291 KB)
Downloaded 91 times.
License: Public Domain
Seemed like pure trial and error to me too. Here is the movement order I ended up with:

Click here to view the secret text

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
08-20-2024 at 02:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3642

File: PFPI 3 Starry Eyes 3S1W Victory.demo (6 KB)
Downloaded 2 times.
License: Public Domain
Yeah, I ended up having to do a bit of movement order fiddling around too - although it might be that pulling the eyes off the south end of the island leads to better movement orders than pulling them off the left end.

Using the sword to keep the horde at bay and let the earlier-move-order eyes overtake the later-move-order ones seemed to help too.

Demo attached.

My final movement order ended up being:

so I think it's mostly about getting the front eyes in order than the back eyes being in a particular order.

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-20-2024 03:34 AM]
08-20-2024 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1585
icon Re: Parity & Flow: Phase I : 3: Starry Eyes : 3 South, 1 West (+1)  
I hope it's a surprise to no one that move order was never even a consideration for me while building/testing this room. It always worked out fine if I just
So I never noticed that it even might be a thing the player'd have to think about.

...A quick restore to check my own solution finds the move order to be...

Here are some links to Things!

[Last edited by Xindaris at 08-20-2024 04:53 AM]
08-20-2024 at 04:47 AM
Dragon Fogel
So it turns out there were two big things I was missing.

One:

Two:

Still not very fond of the room, but taking advantage of those things made it more bearable.
08-20-2024 at 04:22 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Parity & Flow: Phase I : 3: Starry Eyes : 3 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com