Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Trans Neuronica (A puzzle game I am working on currently)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged

File: trans-neuronica-featured-banner.png (8.9 KB)
Downloaded 532 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Trans Neuronica (+1)  
Good people of Caravel fodum, I am making a game. releasing a game!

A machine is awoken from its slumber, stuck in an abandoned cave its memory malfunctioning.
A call for help turned it on, but who managed to contact this place? Why here?
And what is this strange panel, still active for some reason.

Trans Neuronica is a story-optional puzzle game about making connections: you'll not only link nodes,
but also build a bond between AI and humans. Immersive music will guide you through 45+ levels, where
new mechanics are constantly subverting the traditional numberlink experience. The serenity is sometimes
disturbed by the hectic need for surgical precision when encountering... The bosses?

Play the prelude on itch.io now (Windows, Linux, Browser): https://evidentlycube.itch.io/trans-neuronica-prelude

Buy it on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2390520

You may recall me saying in this place, over 5 years ago, saying the game is 70% done and all it needs is some writing. I wanted space in my head. I wanted to get it done. Many story rewrites later, I am finally here. It was a long road full of unrelated self-discovery where I learned what makes me tick... At least learn it better.

Do you want to help?

With the game being so close to the release I am probably going to mostly focus on polishing and bugfixing and I already have a bunch of people whom I constantly ask for help. But! I would greatly appreciate help of someone who uses Linux daily to help me verify that Linux builds are working correctly on Steam, bonus points if you use Discord because that will make communication that much easier :).

[Last edited by skell at 05-22-2023 08:08 PM]
02-04-2018 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell

File: trans-neuronica-solving-level.gif (169 KB)
Downloaded 513 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Trans Neuronica (0)  
Here is a gif showing the gameplay, solving a level. At this point in the game the only unlocked features are regular chips (which must be connected) and strict chips (they can't be directly connected to a path with junctions and dead ends; they are the ones with the black outline):

Click here to view the secret text

And for Screenshot Saturday I prepared a gif showing a timelapse of a level being made, it's on Twitter and Facebook.

[Last edited by skell at 02-04-2018 02:12 PM]
02-04-2018 at 02:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
I am definitely open to help test. Always enjoyed your games. :)
02-05-2018 at 04:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
This looks similar to one of my favourite puzzles in System's Twilight, with a few interesting additions that should make the puzzles slightly less trivial. I'm definitely down to test this one once it gets to that stage.

02-05-2018 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
That looks pretty cool - I always enjoyed Nikoli puzzles and this looks very similar to Numberlink (though of course with plenty of extra rules as you go, no doubt).

Unlike DROD holds, this one I'd probably be more suitable towards being a tester.

[Last edited by TripleM at 02-06-2018 03:29 AM]
02-05-2018 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Would be happy to help test!

02-06-2018 at 04:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Trans Neuronica (+3)  
Hello past me and others. I've updated the first post with new info about the project! Mainly:

You can play the prelude right now on Itch.io, it runs on Windows, Linux and in the browser: https://evidentlycube.itch.io/trans-neuronica-prelude
And you can wishlist the main game on Steam (which helps a lot): https://store.steampowered.com/app/2390520

And if there is anyone who uses Linux who would like to help me making sure Linux builds on Steam are working correctly it'd be awesome~~! PM me or respond here or catch me on Discord Maurycy#4901

[Last edited by skell at 04-13-2023 03:39 PM]
04-13-2023 at 03:38 PM
skell
icon Re: Trans Neuronica (+3)  
Trans Neuronica is now out in Early Access on Steam!

05-22-2023 at 08:08 PM
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 91
icon Re: Trans Neuronica (+1)  
Finished the content so far and it looks pretty good. Only a few that I was stuck on briefly, but eventually had the necessary insight to move forward. Unlike the Intro, where there was one that eventually beat me.

Minor typo: In 57, your hovering tips have a number mismatch with "this circuits".
05-23-2023 at 08:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Trans Neuronica (A puzzle game I am working on currently)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com